Official images and specs of the Lexus LFA supercar have just emerged prior to the car’s debut at the Tokyo Auto Show and it’s as impressive. Not only does it look spectacular, but it has an engine to back up all that angular sheetmetal – or should we say carbon fiber. In total 65 percent of the car’s body is made of the light-weight substance. As for under the hood, Toyota has developed a very special V10 engine with a displacement of 4.8-liters. In total it pumps out 560hp at 8700 rpm and 354 ft-lbs of torque at 6800 rpm.
With a six-speed sequential transmission and curb weight of just 3,263 lbs, the LFA has a per to weight ratio of 5.8 lbs/hp and can hit 62 mph in 3.7 seconds and top at at 202 mph!
No official price as been listed for the new Lexus supercar, but production will be limited to just 500 units.
GALLERY: Official Lexus LFA Photos
Check out the full engine specs after the jump:
- 4.8-liter 72-degree V10 putting out 560 hp at 8,700 RPM (that’s 116.5 hp/liter) and 354 lb.-ft. of torque at 6,800 RPM
- Redline: 9,000 RPM
- Titanium valves, connecting rods, forged aluminum pistons, dry sump lubrication and a titanium exhaust manifold
- Six-speed sequential gearbox
- Torsen limited slip differential
- 3,263 pounds with a 48/52 front-to-rear weight distribution
- Power-to-weight ratio of 5.8 pounds/hp
- 65 percent of the body is carbon fiber
- 20-inch BBS wheels wrapped in 265/35 ZR20 Bridgestone tires in front and 305/30 ZR20 in the rear.
- 0-62 MPH (100 km/h) in 3.7 seconds
- Top speed of 201.94 MPH
- Production limited to 500 units