After building up a reputation as a top level Corvette tuner, Lingenfelter engineering is taking what they know about the Chevy sports car and adapting it to the bowtie brand’s newest performance machine, the Camaro. Set to be unveiled at the 2009 SEMA Show in just a few weeks, Lingenfelter has taken a Camaro SS and tossed the car’s factory 426-hp 6.2-liter V8 in favor of the Corvette Z06’s 505-hp 7.0-liter LS7 engine. And that’s not all. Known for their expertise in forced induction, the boys at Lingenfelter have then gone and strapped a supercharger to the big 427 to make no less than 750-hp.
The engine has even been built up to take all the extra boost with JE Pistons, titanium intake valves and Iconel exhaust valves – the same material used for making Formula One exhaust systems.
For the build Lingenfelter teamed up wit the suspension experts at Hotchkis for what they call a, “Total Vehicle System,” complete with springs, sway bars and a subframe brace – which is sure to be needed with 750-hp and (we imagine) an equal amount of torque. The shocks are a Lingenfelter/Sachs combo. On to of these addition, there’s a big set of Brembo bakes, big 20-inch Pirelli tires on LPE wheels and a pretty wild aero kit complete wit carbon fiber additions.
“Over the years we have been involved in dozens of OEM and racing development programs, but this one is special,” said Hotchkis Performance president John Hotchkis. “Lingenfelter builds some of the fastest, coolest and most refined domestic supercars in the world, and the fact that they asked us to help develop the suspension for a 200 mph Camaro and then offered to debut the car in our booth is very exciting. Everyone in attendance will certainly be impressed with this stunning piece of high-performance engineering.”
We’ll be sure to bring you plenty of photos of the Lingenfelter Camaro with live coverage of the 2009 SEMA Show starting November 3rd.
GALLERY: Lingenfelter/Hotchkis Camaro
See the full list of vehicle specs after the jump:
Santa Fe Springs, Calif. (October 2009) – Two of the most storied names in domestic performance vehicles will join together to debut a stunning, world-class supercar at the 2009 SEMA Show in Las Vegas. Lingenfelter Performance Engineering of Decatur, Indiana, will unveil its latest offering; a 750 horsepower 2010 Camaro SS in the Hotchkis Performance booth at the annual automotive aftermarket trade show. Hotchkis Performance, of Santa Fe Springs, California, developed the suspension system for the Lingenfelter Camaro and has worked with the renowned specialty supercar builder on several projects in the past.
“Over the years we have been involved in dozens of OEM and racing development programs, but this one is special,” said Hotchkis Performance founder and president John Hotchkis. “Lingenfelter builds some of the fastest, coolest and most refined domestic supercars in the world, and the fact that they asked us to help develop the suspension for a 200 mph Camaro and then offered to debut the car in our booth is very exciting. Everyone in attendance will certainly be impressed with this stunning piece of high-performance engineering.”
The Lingenfelter 750HP Supercharged LS7 2010 Camaro SS is a technological tour de force, featuring a hand-built 427 CID (7.0L) LS7 engine featuring forged pistons, titanium connecting rods and Inconel exhaust valves. A Magnusson/Eaton TVS2300 supercharger breathes into a custom Lingenfelter intake manifold. The result is 750 tractable, usable horsepower. Other highlights include a Hotchkis Total Vehicle System (Sport Springs, Adjustable Sport Sway Bars and ChassisMax Subframe Brace), Brembo brakes, custom LPE 20-inch 10-spoke wheels, an LPE exclusive air management body kit, a custom embroidered interior and a Mito rear view mirror with video display. The Lingenfelter body kit and engine package will also be offered as separate packages.
* Engine * 427 CID/7.0L LS7 engine * 8.8:1 compression ratio with forged JE pistons * Production GM LS7 crankshaft and titanium connecting rods * LS7 cylinder heads with titanium intake valves and Inconel exhaust valves * Magnuson/Eaton TVS2300 supercharger * Custom fabricated LS7 cylinder head supercharger base manifold * Lingenfelter 14 rib rear drive system with tensioner pulley * Lingenfelter/ATI Racing 10 rib front accessory drive * Lingenfelter heavy duty power steering pump * Lingenfelter low temperature thermostat * Custom Lingenfelter coil covers * Corsa stainless exhaust system * Lingenfelter Camaro SS twin pump fuel system with LPE fuel pump controller
* Drivetrain * Six-speed manual transmission * Lingenfelter 6 bolt LS9 twin disk flywheel and clutch assembly * Heavy duty Driveshaft Shop halfshafts
* Chassis * Hotchkis Sport Springs * Lingenfelter double adjustable Sachs shocks * Hotchkis Sport Suspension Adjustable Sway Bars * Hotchkis ChassixMax Subframe Brace * Brembo brake calipers and Brembo rotors
* Wheels/Tires * Custom LPE 10 Spoke Design Wheels * 20 X 9.5 Fronts * 20 X 11 Rears * PIRELLI 275/40ZR20 Fronts * PIRELLI 305/35ZR20 Rears
* Lingenfelter Camaro SS Body Package: * Front Fascia Splitter * Rocker Extensions * Carbon Fiber Grille * Hood with Air Extractors * Rear Deck Lip/Spoiler * Rear Fascia Extension with LPE Exhaust Tips * Custom LPE 10 Spoke Wheels * Lingenfelter Embroidered Interior * Lingenfelter badges
* Interior * Muth turn signal mirrors * Mito rear view mirror with video display * Lingenfelter/Grant custom steering wheel * Lingenfelter CNC machined pedal covers * Lingenfelter floor mats