Choosing to forgo the pomp and circumstance (not to mention the price) of the LA Auto Show, Infiniti unveiled a mid-cycle refresh of the G37 sports sedan alongside the all new 2011 M37 and M56. The G wasn’t exactly looking dated, but as the most important product in Infiniti’s lineup, the company didn’t want to risk falling behind.
The updates for 2010 do not include any engine or transmission modifications, which would have been nice, but we have to admit the G doesn’t really need improving in that area. That being said, the car retains its 328-horsepower 3.7-liter V6 engine, with the choice of either a 7-speed automatic or six-speed manual.
Outside the car gets a typically modest mid-cycle refresh with a new front fascia and front grille with separate fog lights. There is also a new rear bumper deign. In addition, G37S Sport 6MT models equipped with the Sport Package get a new and unique front fascia, grille and side skirts.
Inside there are several updates as well, with new gauges and an LCD screen display that is mostly white in order to not only make it easier to see, but to provide a more cohesive interior design. Models with the 7-seed automatic transmission get a new center console and the “Washi” aluminum trim has been replaced by “Shodo” aluminum trim. Infiniti has also chosen to make the Wheat and Stone leather interior colors even lighter. A new Graphite leather is also available for 2010 as is a new Maple wood trim.
Additional interior upgrades were made in the technology department with an upgraded version of the Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation System, which now includes XM NavTraffic with Real-Time Traffic Information and NavWeather, as well as Streaming Bluetooth Audio and a Zagat Restaurant Guide. In addition, Infiniti’s RearView Monitor is now standard on most models, while Intelligent Cruise Control is now available on the G.
Several changes have also been made to the different option packages available.
GALLERY: 2010 Infiniti G37
Official release after the jump:
At a Glance: 2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan
Since Infiniti first burst on the automotive scene 20 years ago, it has maintained a reputation as having not only one of the most dynamic product lineups in the industry but also one of the freshest – with a constant stream of new or enhanced models. The 2010 calendar year is no exception with a greatly refined Infiniti G37 Sedan debuting prior the scheduled launches of all-new, next generations of the Infiniti M and Infiniti QX.
For 2010, the G Sedan, Infiniti’s top-selling model, features revised exterior styling, an enhanced interior treatment and upgraded technology features.
The 2010 G37 Sedan continues to offer the standard 328-horsepower 3.7-liter VVEL (Variable Valve Event & Lift) V6 and 7-speed automatic transmission introduced just last year. And, as appropriate for a cutting-edge performance sports sedan, the G is also available with a 6-speed manual transmission (G37 Sedan Sport 6MT), as well as with an advanced Infiniti Intelligent All-Wheel Drive system (G37x Sedan AWD).
The G37 Sedan’s strikingly seductive exterior continues to be defined by its sleek wave form hood, signature G-style taillights, raked A-pillars and athletic stance. For 2010, the front fascia has been revised with new grille, headlights and bumper. The standard fog lights have been moved from their previous location in the headlight cluster to the lower fascia where they help provide a sportier, more upscale appearance. G37 Sport models also receive a new, distinctive front fascia with separated headlights and fog lights. G37 and G37 Journey models feature a new 17-inch 5-spoke “triple forks” wheel design. In the rear, all models receive a revised rear fascia with an improved exhaust finisher treatment. Two new exterior colors are offered for 2010: Smoky Quartz and Graphite Shadow.
Inside, the G37 Sedan offers a crafted interior environment and luxury features such as standard leather-appointed seating and an available audiophile-quality Infiniti Studio on Wheels® by Bose® premium audio system, which combines Bose®’s 3-way front door speaker array with 10-inch subwoofers and a parcel shelf-mounted subwoofer. A 2GB Music Box Flash Memory Music Server is available with the Premium Package.
Enhancements for 2010 include a new, predominately white color scheme for the gauges and LCD instrument display, improving both legibility and cohesiveness of design. There is also a new center console design (7AT models) and the previous “Washi” aluminum trim has been replaced by “Shodo” aluminum trim inspired by the traditional art of Japanese calligraphy. The Wheat and Stone leather-appointed interior colors are now lighter (Graphite color also available), and new high-gloss Maple accents interior trim is now available.
In addition, a next-generation version of the Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation System now includes features such as XM NavTraffic® with Real-Time Traffic Information and NavWeather™ with Real-Time Weather and 3-day forecast (XM® subscription required, sold separately), Streaming Audio via Bluetooth® and Zagat® Restaurant Guide. Other navigation system features include a 7.0-inch touch screen monitor and 9.3GB Music Box Hard Drive.
Again for 2010, advanced G Sedan technologies include standard Infiniti Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition and RearView Monitor (newly standard in most models) and available Intelligent Cruise Control with Preview Braking.
The 2010 G37 Sedan is available in four models – G37 Sedan, G37 Sedan Journey, G37x Sedan AWD and G37S Sedan Sport 6MT. In addition, various enhancements and revisions have been made to the 2010 G37 Sedan’s available option packages.
Highlights of the 2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan include:
• Advanced second-generation Front Mid-ship (FM) platform
• Long, wave-like aluminum hood, pushed-back A-pillars and aggressive stance
• Double-arch grille with sculpted grille blades, High Intensity Discharge (HID) bi-functional Xenon headlights, fog lights and L-shaped LED taillights;
• New front grille and front fascia with separate fog lights (previously integrated into the headlights), new rear fascia
• New, unique front fascia, grille and side sills on G37S Sport 6MT models and models equipped with the Sport Package
• Available sliding glass moonroof with tilt and one-touch open/close feature
• Available heated outside mirrors (standard on G37x AWD, G37 Journey and G37S Sport 6MT models)
• Eight available exterior colors: Vibrant Red, Lakeshore Slate, Liquid Platinum, Smoky Quartz (new), Graphite Shadow (new), Blue Slate, Black Obsidian and Moonlight White
Engine and Driveline
• Front engine/rear-wheel drive or ATTESA E-TS™ all-wheel drive (G37x AWD model)
• 3.7-liter VVEL 24-valve DOHC V6 producing 328 horsepower and 269 lb-ft of torque
• Variable Valve Event and Lift (VVEL) intake camshafts, incorporated with the Continuously Variable Valve Timing Control System (CVTCS)
• Ram air dual intake, equal length exhaust manifold and dual exhaust system with laser-welded rear mufflers, which produce an authentic performance sound
• Choice of electronically controlled 7-speed automatic transmission with Downshift Rev Matching and quick-shift DS mode and ASC (Adaptive Shift Control), or close-ratio lightweight 6-speed manual transmission
• 11:1 compression ratio, 7,600 rpm redline
• Magnesium paddle shifters on Sport Package-equipped models (automatic transmission only)
• Available Rear Viscous Limited-Slip Differential (VLSD) – standard on G37 Sport 6MT, G37 Journey models with Sport Package
Suspension, Steering and Braking
• 4-wheel independent multi-link suspension (front single pivot double-wishbone design) with extensive use of lightweight aluminum components and front and rear stabilizer bars
• Power-assisted vehicle-speed-sensitive rack-and-pinion steering
• 4-wheel power-assisted vented disc brakes, 4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA); available Preview Braking (with Intelligent Cruise Control)
• G37 Sport 6MT and G37 Journey with Sport Package models feature Sport Brakes with 14-inch rotors with 4-piston front calipers and 13.8-inch rotors with 2-piston calipers rear with “Infiniti” lettering
• New design and color 17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with P225/55R17 V-rated tires (G37, G37 Journey, G37x AWD)
• Available split 5-spoke 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with P225/50R18 front and 245/45R18 rear W-rated tires (standard on G37S Sport 6MT models and G37 Journey models with Sport Package)
• P225/50R18 front and rear tires standard on G37x AWD models with Sport Package
• Available Intelligent Cruise Control with Preview Braking
• Standard Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
• Driver-oriented interior styling with fine craftsmanship and modern warmth
• Standard leather-appointed seating, available in Wheat (except G37 Sport–equipped models), Graphite and Stone
• Unique “Shodo” finish aluminum-alloy trim on center console, instrument panel and doors; available premium high-gloss Maple accents trim
• Standard 8-way power adjustable driver’s seat and 8-way power adjustable front passenger’s seat
• Hand-stitched leather-wrapped steering wheel with steering wheel mounted audio and cruise control switches, tilt and telescopic steering column
• Electroluminescent instrumentation with new white-themed illumination
• Standard Infiniti Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition
• Available Infiniti Studio on Wheels™ by Bose® Premium Audio System, with a 3-way front door speaker array using 10-inch woofers and a parcel shelf-mounted subwoofer
• Standard audio system featuring in-dash CD changer with Radio Data System (RDS), auxiliary audio input, MP3 playback capability and 6 speakers
• Available 2GB Music Box
• Standard 7.0-inch color monitor display
• Leather-appointed shifter lever with aluminum trim
• Available Infiniti Navigation System with XM NavTraffic® with Real-Time Traffic Information and NavWeather™ with Real-Time Weather and 3-day forecast (XM® subscription required, sold separately), Streaming Audio via Bluetooth® and Zagat® Restaurant Guide, touch screen and 9.3GB Music Box Hard Drive
• Standard Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System (except G37 model)
• Standard RearView Monitor (except G37 model)
• Standard XM® Satellite Radio (XM® subscription required, sold separately)
• Available USB port for music playback devices
• Standard DVD-Video playback (except G37 model)
• Infiniti signature analog quartz clock
• Digital automatic temperature control with standard micro filtration and rear heater vents, available dual HVAC control with available rear A/C vents (automatic transmission vehicles only)
• Sport-styled steering wheel with special stitching color, aluminum pedals, sport-styled front seats with thigh extensions and driver’s power torso and thigh bolsters (Sport Package–equipped models, standard on G37 Sport 6MT)
Safety and Security
• Standard Advanced Air Bag System (AABS) with dual-stage supplemental front air bags with seat belt and occupant classification sensors
• Standard front seat-mounted side impact supplemental air bags
• Standard roof-mounted side impact supplemental air bags for front and rear-seat outboard occupant head protection
• Available Brake-Operated Pre-crash seat belts
• 3-point ALR/ELR seat belts (driver’s seat ELR only)
• Front seat belt adjustable upper anchors with pretensioners and load limiters
• Front seat Active Head Restraints
• Zone Body construction with energy-dispersing side structure
• Engine mount breakaway design with breakaway driveshaft
• Retracting brake pedal to help reduce lower leg injuries in severe crash
• LATCH System (Lower Anchors and Tether for CHildren)
• Available Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) and Traction Control System (TCS)
Models and Manufacturing
• Available in four models: G37 Sedan, G37 Sedan Journey, G37x Sedan AWD and G37 Sedan Sport 6MT