Iron Man 2 is due to release in theaters across North America on May 7th and the marketing machine is still spinning its wheels at high rpm. First those in charge introduced The Stark Motor Racing Team and now they have teamed up with Audi to introduce The Tony Stark Innovation Challenge.
In an effort to promote “Better Living through Technology”, this contest calls for the world’s most creative minds to submit in videos up to two minutes long with the following criteria:
- How to make the world a better place by solving a problem or improving an existing solution
- Articulate and demonstrate expertise of the “better living through technology” philosophy
- Have the scalability and adoptability to potentially change the way we live
- Showcase innovation, adventure, and intelligence worthy of Audi and Tony Stark
- Entice the social network; viewer ratings will determine top entries
The video submission period opens on April 28th, 2010 at 12:01 a.m. PT and ends on June 9th, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. PT. Public voting takes place through the entire video submission period but extends to June 13th, 2010 for all those later entries. The selection of the potential finalist videos will be done right away and set by June 16th, 2010 and then notifications and interviews will be conducted between June 17th, 2010 to June 25th, 2010. The winners will be announced on the week of June 28th, 2010.
So what does the grand prize consist of? Well, Audi promises a four-day trip for two to California to enjoy the Tony Stark lifestyle, but we see no mention of beautiful women such as Scarlett Johansson and Gwyneth Paltrow. To say we’re a little disappointed is an understatement, but the rest of the prizes are pretty impressive – especially considering the goal of this is to help change the world.
- $15,000 to develop the winning idea
- A day at the Audi Sports Car Experience driving an Audi R8
- VIP day with the ICON aircraft team with flight and water testing of the ICON A5 aircraft
- Helicopter tour of Los Angeles
- Transportation in a brand new 2011 Audi A8
- Luxury hotel accommodations, dinners at Los Angeles’ top restaurants
- Spa treatments, tailored cocktail attire and grooming to perfect his or her Stark style
- Tour of Audi Design Center in Santa Monica Airport
- Experience documented and featured on AudiUSA.com
So for all those with brilliant and original ideas on how to make this world a better place, submit away. We still think if Scarlett Johansson or Gwyneth Paltrow were regularly available to the general public, we’d all have better lifestyles.
[Source: Audi USA]