Let’s get this right out in the open: Why do the Swedes get all the fun? How awesome is this Volvo C30 “Performance Concept” prototype? It packs a 405 horsepower and 376 ft-lbs turbocharged 5-cylinder T5 motor (similar to the one used in the Ford Focus RS500), all-wheel-drive, front-and-rear limited slip differentials, Öhlins suspension components, Brembo brakes, and, yeah…you get the idea.
The body kit is similar to the one used on the — defending champion — Polestar Racing STCC (Swedish Touring Car Championship) C30 race car. Polestar Racing is the official partner of Volvo Cars in the STCC and is used to winning on the track. Polestar Performance Power Operations is an aftermarket line of upgrades sold through the Volvo dealer network — and it appears they’ve applied a bunch of their tricks here.
It’ll be unveiled in full at the Gothenburg Motorshow, held from April 22-25 2010.
Full specs (in slightly broken English) and a video of the heavenly-sounding Polestar Racing STCC Volvo C30 embedded after the jump!
Get the Flash Player to see this player.
Polestar C30 Prototype Performance Technical Specification
- Volvo T5: 2.5L Turbo with intercooler and larger KKK turbo 26
- modified pistons, connecting rods and intake shame
- Power: 405 hp. Torque: 510 Nm
- Quaife mechanical limited slip differential front and rear
- Haldex AWD
- Öhlins shock absorbers and springs
- Quicker steering gear ratio of 2.25
- Front: Brembo 380mm discs with sexkolvsok
- Rear: Brembo 330mm discs with four-piston calipers
Wheels and Tires:
- 19×8 BBS FI, 75 “
- Pirelli PZero 235/35 ZR 19
- Racing seats with leather and harness belts Ternsjö
- Aerodynamics developed from STCC-race car