Home / Auto News / News article: Ferrari 599 GTO: Best Sounding Car Ever?
 |  May 06 2010, 6:56 AM

100038car.jpg

The Ferrari 599 GTO is the fastest roadgoing Ferrari ever built. Sorry Enzo owners, you’re going to have to upgrade. But to be honest, there are plenty of other cars out there that are just as fast, if not faster. In fact, if you want to have a virtual Nürburgring race, the Dodge Viper ACR will run the same number for less than a third of the cost . But that’s not why people buy Ferraris, is it? 80 percent of the value of a Ferrari is the sound of the engine, the remaining 20 percent is just the right to say you drive a Ferrari.

Autocar recently had the privilege of flogging the GTO, and managed to pull a brilliant move: rev the hell out of it in a tunnel! Great idea guys, because this may be the best sounding streetcar we’ve ever heard.  Hit the jump to watch the video, I need to change my pants.

GALLERY: Ferrari 599 GTO:

100038car.jpg100039car.jpg100040car.jpg100041car.jpg100042car.jpggto-pres1.jpg

Get the Flash Player to see this player.

[Source: Autocar]

  • Jason

    Why are u constanly downshifing, ur bouncing off the rev limiter u tool