With Ford recently drawing back the curtain on its NASCAR Mustang for this weekend’s Nationwide Series race, Dodge has followed suit with one seriously retro-looking racer. In addition to the Penske Racing car, Dodge will host over 100 Challenger owners, put on a rock concert and provide plenty of other activities at its display area outside Turn 4 at Daytona International Speedway.
“Our new Dodge Challenger race car brings true brand identity back to NASCAR, so now the spotlight is going to be shared between the new car and our two star drivers from Penske Racing,” said Dodge Brand President Ralph Gilles. “We’ve been looking forward to this race weekend for quite some time, and our loyal owners and fans are going to have a lot of opportunities to celebrate the return of the Dodge Challenger.”
At Daytona fans will have a chance to win a new Challenger R/T as well as an SRT Track Experience, plus they can get signed autographs from Kurt Busch, Sam Hornish Jr. and Justin Allgaier.
GALLERY: Dodge Challenger NASCAR Racer
Get all the info on Dodge’s activities this weekend after the jump:
Dodge Brand Amplifies High-performance Action Around Daytona
- Dodge will host more than 100 Dodge Challenger owners and their vehicles during the weekend when Dodge Challenger returns to NASCAR competition in Nationwide Series after an almost 30 year absence
- Interactive trackside Dodge display features various activities, giveaways and driver autograph sessions
- Rock band Atomic Tom to perform on Thursday, July 1, at Daytona Dodge
June 29, 2010 , Auburn Hills, Mich.
Before Friday night’s highly anticipated return of the Dodge Challenger to NASCAR Nationwide Series’ competition after almost 30 years, the Dodge brand will play a key role in providing Challenger owners and fans with a wide array of pre-race action and activities in and around Daytona International Speedway.
“Our new Dodge Challenger race car brings true brand identity back to NASCAR, so now the spotlight is going to be shared between the new car and our two star drivers from Penske Racing,” said Ralph Gilles, President and CEO, Dodge Brand. “We’ve been looking forward to this race weekend for quite some time, and our loyal owners and fans are going to have a lot of opportunities to celebrate the return of the Dodge Challenger.”
Leading off all the action during race week will be the performance by New York City-based rock band Atomic Tom at Daytona Dodge on Thursday, July 1. The group’s first single was “Take Me Out,” and its upcoming debut album includes “We Were Never Meant To Be” and “The Moment.” The concert will begin at 7:15 p.m. EDT at Daytona Dodge, 1450 North Tomoka Farms Road. WBHQ-FM – Beach 92.7 FM also will be on remote at Daytona Dodge from 6-8 p.m.
Dodge Motorsports also will offer a full onslaught of activities located at the brand’s trackside display area just outside Turn 4 at Daytona International Speedway, including:
- Dodge Pit Crew Challenge where fans can compete head to head or against the time clock to see who can perform a quickest simulated tire change
- Driver autograph sessions on Friday, July 2, and Saturday, July 3. Kurt Busch, Sam Hornish Jr. and Justin Allgaier are scheduled to attend. Fans should check with onsite display staff for actual appearance times
- Online E-Shots offers fans a chance to have a downloadable photo taken next to the No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge show car
- Dodge Challenger Chase to Win Sweepstakes where fans can enter to win a new Dodge Challenger R/T
- An opportunity for fans to enter to win a day (of their choice) at the SRT Track Experience, which visits 20 premier race tracks around the country. One lucky fan will win a day consisting of four driving modules that test the limits of select SRT vehicles in a safe and controlled environment
- Vote for your favorite color Dodge Challenger: What color will win? Plum Crazy Purple? TorRed? Detonator Yellow? HEMI® Orange? Fans who vote will get a limited-edition Dodge bandana. Votes will be tallied throughout the weekend so watch the leader board for the winning color
- Play race trivia and “Spin to Win” for various prizes
- Fans can also check out all the Dodge Life and Dodge Motorsports merchandise and get a chance to see, up close and personal, the full line-up of exciting 2010 model Dodge vehicles
Hours of operation for the Dodge Motorsports display at Daytona International Speedway are: Friday, July 1, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday, July 2, from 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.