The G lineup gets two new variants set to debut at the Pebble Beach Concours D’Elegance in August. Titled the Limited Edition and the Sport Appearance Package respectively, no information has been given on the models, aside from the promise of “special exterior and interior content features.” The G Coupe will get a sport package for the all-wheel drive models while the convertible gets a revised front end and a Limited Edition model.
The EX’s big announcement is a seven speed transmission similar to the G and M models, as well as 17″ wheels.
Hit the jump to read the official press release
The 2011 Infiniti Lineup — Charting the Changes
The 2011 model year is turning out to be one of the most important in Infiniti’s now 21-year history — with the introduction of the all-new, next generation versions of the Infiniti M luxury sedan and Infiniti QX luxury SUV leading the way. Both vehicles are now available at Infiniti retailers nationwide.
And, while that might be more than enough for most brands, 2011 also brings the introduction of two important product extensions to the award-winning Infiniti G line — which will be announced August 13th and 14th at the annual Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance.
The Infiniti EX, FX, G Coupe and G Convertible also receive a number of key enhancements for 2011. Infiniti has also announced two near-future models, the Infiniti M Hybrid and an Infiniti EV. More information on these vehicles will be released later in the year ahead.
Key changes to the 2011 Infiniti lineup include, but are not limited to, the following:
* QX — All-new second-generation design, featuring a new 5.6-liter V8 engine with 25% more horsepower and 14% better fuel economy (than the previous generation V8). Available now.
* M — All-new design embracing the essence of all things Infiniti — style, performance, luxury, craftsmanship and technology — taking each to the highest levels ever for Infiniti’s flagship sedan. It is available in M37 (V6) and M56 (V8) model designations, with rear-wheel drive or Infiniti’s Intelligent All-Wheel Drive system. Available now.
* EX — New standard 7-speed automatic transmission, new standard 18-inch wheels and tires, standard Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control (previously on EX Journey models only), revised Fine Vision electroluminescent gauge illumination coloring, Blind Spot Warning (BSW) system added to the Technology Package, additional package naming and content changes, and three new exterior colors. Available October 2010.
* FX — Power rear liftgate added as standard equipment (late availability); 20-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with P265/50R20 V-rated all-season tires standard on FX50, replacing previous 21-inch wheels and tires (optionally available on FX35); black lacquer interior trim standard on FX50; revised package content; and one new exterior color. Available October 2010. * G Sedan — New “Limited Edition” and “Sport Appearance” models with special exterior and interior content features, Scratch Shield Paint standard on all models, and one new exterior color. Available September 2010.
* G Coupe — Sport Package now offered on G37 Coupe AWD models, Navigation Package content now standard on G37 Coupe Sport 6MT, revised front fascia design (Sport and non-Sport) with fog lights moved from inside the headlight to the lower fascia area, revised 18-inch and 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheel designs, standard Scratch Shield Paint on all models, two new exterior colors. Available November 2010.
* G Convertible — Addition of a new G37 Coupe Limited Edition model with special exterior and interior, Navigation Package content now standard on G37 Convertible Sport 6MT, revised front fascia design (Sport and non-Sport) with fog lights moved from inside the headlight to the lower fascia area, revised 18-inch and 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheel designs, standard Scratch Shield Paint on all models, two new exterior colors. Available November 2010.
Following is a more detailed overview of Infiniti products for the 2011 model year:
2011 Infiniti QX All new from the platform up, the 2011 Infiniti QX is conceived to attract and hold viewers’ attention, conveying its underlying sense of power and strength. The design is dynamic, its size capable of transporting up to eight adults and their belongings with spacious elegance.
Inside the distinctive QX body is an interior long on luxury and comfort, including standard Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation System, Around View Monitor, Bose® 13-speaker Premium Audio System, available perforated semi-aniline leather-appointed seating and an available Theater Package with dual 7-inch color monitors, which allows different sources to be played at the same time. The new QX also offers ample 1st row and 2nd row roominess.
The QX’s high-stiffness frame structure enhances ride comfort while reducing noise, vibration and harshness. The new 5.6-liter V8 engine combines the responsive acceleration of Infiniti’s VVEL (Variable Valve Event & Lift) technology with the efficiency of Direct Injection Gasoline (DIG?) and 7-speed automatic transmission. With 400 horsepower and 413 lbs-ft of torque, the QX can handle tasks such as towing boats or trailers (8,500-pound towing capacity, when properly equipped), while also offering 14% better fuel economy (EPA Combined) than the previous generation QX.
The 2011 QX is offered in two fully equipped models — Infiniti QX56 2WD and Infiniti QX56 4WD. It is on sale now.
2011 Infiniti M The all-new 2011 Infiniti M embraces the essence of all things Infiniti — style, performance, luxury, craftsmanship and technology — taking each to the highest levels ever for Infiniti?s halo sedan. The 2011 Infiniti M is available in M37 and M56 model designations, with rear-wheel drive or Infiniti’s Intelligent All-Wheel Drive system. The M37 features a 330-horsepower 3.7-liter V6 engine ? with increased power and fuel economy versus the previous generation M35’s 3.5-liter V6.
The M56 also offers more power and better fuel economy from an all-new 420-horsepower 5.6-liter V8 (versus the previous generation M45’s 4.5-liter V8). Both the M37 and M56 engines feature Infiniti’s advanced VVEL (Variable Valve Event & Lift) system and all models are equipped with a standard 7-speed automatic transmission. A special Sport Package, offered on rear-wheel drive models, offers 4-Wheel Active Steer (4WAS), Sport-tuned suspension, Sport Brakes and 20-inch wheels and tires.
The new M is also a showcase for Infiniti’s advanced, user-focused technologies, carrying on the tradition of the previous generation M. New technologies include Infiniti Drive Mode Selector, a four-mode driver-selectable control of throttle and transmission mapping that helps optimize vehicle performance; Active Noise Control, which reduces undesirable engine harmonics, providing a quieter cabin; Blind Spot Warning (BSW), which helps alert the driver if another vehicle is detected in the blind spot area; Blind Spot Intervention (BSI), a world’s first system that, in addition to the Blind Spot Warning, helps the driver return the vehicle back toward the center of the lane of travel in the event of unintended drift; Forest Air system, which helps reduce the intrusion of unpleasant odors into the cabin and provides natural “breeze-like” airflow; Eco Pedal, which provides driver feedback to encourage eco-driving behavior; and Active Trace Control, which adjusts engine torque and the control of braking at each of the four wheels to help enhance cornering performance.
The 2011 M also offers a next-generation Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation System, Bose® Studio Surround® premium audio system, Intelligent Cruise Control (Full-Speed Range), Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Departure Prevention (LDP) systems, Distance Control Assist (DCA), Intelligent Brake Assist (IBA) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW) and Front Pre-Crash Seat Belts.
The M’s dramatic, sport styling provides a coefficient of drag of just 0.27 Cd, while the roomy, comfortable interior environment features standard leather-appointed seating, standard Japanese Ash wood trim or available silver powdered genuine White Ash wood trim and available premium audio and climate control systems. Key standard features include Infiniti Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition, XM® Satellite Radio, Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System and power-sliding glass tinted moonroof.
The 2011 Infiniti M is available now.
2011 Infiniti EX For 2011, the Infiniti EX35 again combines the 4-door convenience of a luxury sedan and the cargo area of an SUV — offering the sporty style and luxury that has become synonymous with Inspired Performance. Along with its sleek, sculpted, elegant skin, the EX emphasizes exhilarating driving performance, as provided by an advanced 297-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 engine and available Intelligent All-Wheel Drive.
For 2011, the EX receives a new standard 7-speed automatic transmission, standard 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, available 19-inch wheels and tires (Deluxe Touring Package), three new exterior colors and the availability of Infiniti’s advanced Blind Spot Warning (BSW) system. Other enhancements include revised instrument panel illumination, along with new or revised option package naming and content.
As in previous years, the EX continues to offer an engaging interior environment with a long list of available features, including standard leather-appointed seating and RearView Monitor, and available driver’s seat headrest coat hanger, advanced audio systems and power-folding 2nd row seat.
EX also offers a host of available technologies. The Around View Monitor utilizes four small cameras located front, side and rear to give the driver a “top-down view” of the outside of the vehicle and help reduce blind spots when parking. Other driving aids include Lane Departure Prevention system (LDP), Intelligent Cruise Control, Distance Control Assist (DCA) and Intelligent Brake Assist (IBA) with Forward Collision Warning.
The EX is available in four models: EX35 RWD, EX35 AWD, EX35 RWD Journey and EX35 AWD Journey. The 2011 Infiniti EX35 goes on sale in October 2010. Changes for 2011 include:
* New standard 7-speed automatic transmission (previously 5-speed automatic) * 18-inch wheels and tires now standard (previously 17-inch) * Standard Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control (previously EX Journey only) * Revised Fine Vision electroluminescent gauge illumination coloring * Blind Spot Warning (BSW) system added to the Technology Package * New Premium Package (combines previous Navigation Package and Bose® and Around View Monitor Package) * Previous Premium Package now named Deluxe Touring Package * 19-inch wheels and tires added to the Deluxe Touring Package * Three new exterior colors: Artic Blue, Midnight Garnet and Graphite Shadow * Stone interior color is no longer available
2011 Infiniti FX The powerful Infiniti FX, Infiniti’s iconic performance crossover, enters the 2011 model year with a few important enhancements — including standard power rear liftgate (late availability) and one new exterior color. FX is again available with a choice of a 390-horsepower 5.0-liter 32-valve DOHC V8 engine with VVEL (Variable Valve Event & Lift) or with a 303-horsepower 3.5-liter 24-valve DOHC V6. Both engines are paired with a standard 7-speed automatic transmission featuring Adaptive Shift Control (ASC) and available solid magnesium paddle shifters.
The FX is also offered with available Intelligent All-Wheel Drive (standard on FX50), double-wishbone front/multi-link rear suspension and large 4-wheel disc brakes, along with available Continuous Damping Control (CDC)®, Rear Active Steer, Intelligent Brake Assist and 6-spoke 21-inch super lightweight aluminum-alloy wheels (FX50 Deluxe Touring Package).
Inside, the FX interior provides a warm, modern, inviting environment highlighted by a driver-oriented cockpit with intuitive controls, available sport seating and advanced audio, navigation and technology ranging from an 11-speaker Bose-developed audio system to Infiniti Intelligent Key, available Intelligent Cruise Control (Full-Speed Range) and available Around View Monitor system.
The Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation System includes an 8-inch color touch-screen display, Lane Guidance and 3-D building graphics. For 2011, a new black lacquer interior trim is standard on FX50.
The 2011 FX is available in three models: FX50 AWD with 5.0-liter V8, FX35 AWD with 3.5-liter V6 and FX35 RWD with 3.5-liter V6.
The 2011 Infiniti FX goes on sale in October 2010.
Changes for 2011 include:
* Power rear liftgate added as standard equipment (late availability) * 5-spoke 20-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with P265/50R20 V-rated all-season tires standard on FX50, replacing previous 21-inch wheels and tires (20-inch wheels and tires also optionally available on FX35) * Black lacquer interior trim standard on FX50 (replaces previous Maple interior accents) * Navigation Package contents added to Premium Package on FX35 * New Deluxe Touring Package available for FX50 (includes Maple interior accents, aluminum pedals and 21-inch wheels and tires) * One new exterior color: Malbec Black (late availability)
The Infiniti G Line The Infiniti G Line is on a roll entering the 2011 model year. Following extensive enhancements for 2010, including refined exterior, interior and equipment refinements, sales continue to show strong growth. Through June, G Sedan calendar-year-to-date sales have increased more than 28%, while G Coupe sales are up more than 33% for the same period. Expect the momentum to continue as all three G models — Sedan, Coupe and Convertible — are refined once again for 2011.
2011 Infiniti G Sedan Enhancements to the popular Infiniti G Sedan for 2011 start with the introduction of new “Limited Edition” and “Sport Appearance” models with special exterior and interior content features. Other 2011 refinements include one new exterior color and standard Scratch Shield Paint on all models.
For 2011, the Infiniti G37 Sedan will again feature a 328-horsepower 3.7-liter “VVEL” V6 and choice of 7-speed automatic or 6-speed manual transmissions, along with available sport brakes and 18-inch wheels. The G37 Sedan’s advanced engine combines with the second-generation FM (Front Mid-ship) platform — featuring a 4-wheel independent suspension with lightweight aluminum components — to provide responsive acceleration and agile handling. The G37x AWD adds Infiniti’s “intelligent” ATTESA E-TS all-wheel drive system.
All 2011 G models continue to offer a strikingly seductive exterior, defined by its sleek wave form hood, signature G-style taillights and raked A-pillars and athletic stance. Inside, the G Sedan provides a crafted, heritage-inspired interior environment and luxury features such as standard leather-appointed seating and an available audiophile-quality Infiniti Studio on Wheels by Bose.
Advanced technologies include standard Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition and available RearView Monitor; a touch screen Infiniti Navigation System with XM NavTraffic® real-time traffic information and 9.3GB Music Hard Drive (XM® subscription required, sold separately); and Intelligent Cruise Control with Preview Braking.
The 2011 Infiniti G Sedan goes on sale in September 2010.
Changes for 2011 include:
* New “Limited Edition” models with unique exterior and interior treatments, along with sport-tuned steering * New “Sport Appearance” models with sporty exterior features * Scratch Shield Paint standard on all models * One new exterior color: Malbec Black
2011 Infiniti G37 Coupe Following extensive enhancements last year, the Infiniti G Coupe enters the 2011 model year with redesigned front fascias for both Sport and non-Sport models (with fog lights moved from the headlights to the lower fascia area). Other enhancements for 2011 include the availability of the Sport Package on G37 Coupe AWD models; the addition of Navigation Package content as standard on G37 Coupe Sport 6MT; revised 18-inch and 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheel designs; the addition of Scratch Shield Paint as standard on all models; and two new exterior colors: Malbec Black and Lapis Blue.
The 2011 G Coupe will again be available in both rear-wheel and all-wheel drive. Every G37 Coupe comes equipped with a standard 3.7-liter VQ-series V6 with VVEL (for Variable Valve Event and Lift) rated at 330 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque. The engine is backed by a choice of an electronically controlled 7-speed automatic transmission with available magnesium paddle shifters or a 6-speed manual.
The G37 Coupe also includes an extensive list of available technology features, including a touch screen navigation system with XM NavTraffic® Real-Time Traffic information (XM® subscription required, sold separately), RearView Monitor and an available 11-speaker Infiniti Studio on Wheels? by Bose® audio system with a 9.3GB Music Box Hard Drive.
The 2011 Infiniti G37 Coupe goes on sale in November 2010. Changes for 2011 include:
* Sport Package now offered on G37 Coupe AWD models * Navigation Package content now standard on G37 Coupe Sport 6MT * Revised front fascia design (Sport and non-Sport) with fog lights moved from inside the headlight to the lower fascia area * Revised 18-inch and 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheel designs * Standard Scratch Shield Paint on all models * Two new exterior colors: Malbec Black and Lapis Blue 2011 Infiniti G37 Convertible As the “open air” embodiment of Infiniti “Inspired Performance,” the G37 Convertible is designed to rejuvenate the spirit with seductive styling and exciting performance. Its three-piece power retractable hardtop is designed to look as good with the top up as down, while adding all-weather convenience and ease of operation.
The G Convertible includes extensive structural reinforcements, a wider rear track, modified rear suspension (versus the G37 Coupe), along with a special convertible-focused interior with available Bose® front seat Personal Speakers, wind deflector and climate-controlled front seats.
The inviting G Convertible interior includes standard leather-appointed seating, a special Bose® Open Air Sound System that dynamically changes equalization based on outside noise, vehicle speed, and top position, and an Adaptive Climate Control system that adjusts fan speed in accordance to top position and vehicle speed.
Technology features include standard RearView Monitor and an available touch-screen Infiniti Navigation system with XM NavTraffic® Real-Time Traffic Information (XM® subscription required, sold separately) with 9.3GB Music Box Hard Drive, Pre-Crash Seat Belts and Intelligent Cruise Control with Preview Braking.
Every G Convertible comes equipped with a standard 3.7-liter VQ-series V6 with VVEL (for Variable Valve Event and Lift) rated at 325 horsepower. The engine is backed by a choice of an electronically controlled 7-speed automatic transmission with available magnesium paddle shifters or a responsive close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission. The G37 Convertible Sport 6MT adds sport-tuned steering and larger sport brakes, along with 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheels and W-rated performance tires.
The G37 Convertible is available in G37 Convertible and G37 Convertible Sport 6MT. It is scheduled to go on sale in November 2010.
Changes for 2011 include:
* Addition of a new G37 Coupe Limited Edition package with unique exterior and interior features * Navigation Package content now standard on G37 Convertible Sport 6MT * Revised front fascia design (Sport and non-Sport) with fog lights moved from inside the headlight to the lower fascia area * Revised 18-inch and 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheel designs * Standard Scratch Shield Paint on all models * Two new exterior colors: Malbec Black and Lapis Blue
# # #