While Scion vehicles have been available in the United States for a number of years, they have never been officially brought to Canada, despite numerous grey market imports from south of the border.
Now, Scion’s are finally available and Toyota Canada has announced pricing for the distinctively styled compacts. The 5 door xD hatchback starts at $17,200, while the xB will set you back $18,270 loonies. The tC sport coupe will start at $20,850, pricing it competitively with the Honda Civic coupe.
Scion should have a fair amount of success in the Canadian marketplace, with small vehicles being immensely popular in the land of $4/gallon gasoline. Why it’s taken Toyota so long to bring the product here is anyone’s guess.
Hit the jump to see the official press release
SCION: Vehicles that move you, equipped and priced to move
All-new to Canada, SCION vehicles welcome a new generation of buyers that demand well-equipped, highly-customizable rides, quality and affordability, and a ground-breaking online experience
(TORONTO) – September 8, 2010 – SCION Canada today announced manufacturer’s suggested retail pricing (MSRP) for its line up of performance-oriented, style-conscious automobiles – and with prices starting below comparable competitive models, the autos designed to move you are also priced to move.
“SCION drivers want comprehensively equipped vehicles that are also high on design, performance and efficiency, at a price that leaves money left over to customize their ride and make it an expression of their lifestyle,” said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Scion in Canada. “Scion vehicles come with a high standard level of equipment at a competitive price – delivering everything SCION drivers are looking for including class leading safety features.”
Scion vehicles come loaded with standard features compared to their segment competitors. Air conditioning, power windows/locks/mirrors, premium Pioneer AM/FM/CP 6-speaker audio system, MP3/iPod outlets, sport seats and a list of safety features just to name a few. With these full loaded vehicles as a starting point, purchasers have the freedom to customize their ride to make them a true extension of personal style with more than 200 parts and accessories, including a full line of Toyota Racing Development (TRD) performance gear.
At launch, Canadians can choose from three comprehensively equipped models:
· The 2011 Scion tC Sports Coupe features hot styling and athletic handling from its highly-tuneable 2.5L four-cylinder and six-speed transmission. The tC starts at a suggested $20,850.
· The 2011 Scion xB Compact is the original urban utility vehicle with plenty of room for cargo and passengers, a club-worthy audio system and a lot more. The xB starts at a suggested $18,270.
· The 2011 Scion xD 5-Door Hatchback is the large-living sub-compact that defies convention, with high style and performance. The xD starts at a suggested $17,200.
Scion Canada also announced the launch of a newly redesigned website loaded with exciting content and cutting edge functionality. On September 8, 2010* Scionnation.ca will reveal a ground-breaking online experience where style-drivers can engage with advanced 3D renderings as they build and price Scion models. The Scion buyer lives online and makes purchase decisions online. Scionnation.ca will feature an online platform that puts more information at the fingertips of consumers then ever before, including:
• An accessory configurator that allows site visitors to customize and explore a Scion from 3D angles
• A build and price function that allows users to configure a Scion to their taste and personality
• Lifestyle pages with news, and multimedia content of Scion sponsored events
• An interactive magazine dedicated to Scion culture in Canada
• Credit applications to enable online financing applications
• A dealer locator to help find a Scion dealer near you
Scion launches at 45 “store within a store” boutiques at Toyota Dealers in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver this month. Scion Dealers shake up the traditional auto showroom experience with a unique focus on customization and customer experience, backed by Toyota’s service and support excellence.
About Scion Canada
Launched in September 2010, Scion in Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Scion vehicles through a sales and service network of 45 dealers in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. The Scion lifestyle is urban, edgy and authentic; Scion vehicles maximize personal expression while delivering performance and style. For more information about Scion products and Scion lifestyle, visit www.media.scionnation.ca.
*Online configuration tool for Scion xB and xD vehicles will be available as of September 8, 2010. Scion tC online configurator will be available on September 15.