For 2011 Infiniti has released a round of updates to its entry-level EX35 crossover, with one of the biggest changes being the addition of a 7-speed automatic transmission. The 7-speed box is used across the rest of Infiniti’s lineup and while we’re surprised the EX hasn’t been upgraded to the 3.7-liter V6 (from the current 3.5L) the new transmission will most certainly improve fuel economy by a few ticks, and is also likely to result in slightly improve acceleration. (No official EPA fuel economy numbers are yet available).
Other upgrades for the sporty luxury crossover include now standard 18-inch wheels (up from 17s), standard dual-zone automatic climate control, new white gauges and an updated Premium Package that includes both the Bose and Around View Monitor Packages. Three new exterior colors are also offered for 2011: Arctic Blue, Midnight Garnet and Graphite Shadow. In addition, 19-inch wheels are now included in the Deluxe Touring Package.
Pricing has received a slight bump, although the EX still represents a bargain compared to European offerings. Base models start at $34,150 ($35,550 AWD), while Journey models start at $36,350 ($37,750 AWD).
GALLERY: 2011 Infiniti EX35
Read AutoGuide’s Review of the 2010 Infiniti EX35 by Clicking Here Official release after the jump:
2011 Infiniti EX Features New 7-Speed Automatic, 18-inch Alloy Wheels and Other Refinements
– Blind Spot Warning System, 19-inch Wheels Also Available for New Model Year –
Infiniti today announced the release of the revised 2011 Infiniti EX crossover SUV, which is on sale now at Infiniti retailers nationwide. Major revisions for 2011 include:
- New 7-speed automatic transmission (previously 5-speed) for improved fuel economy (AWD) and performance
- Standard 18-inch wheels and tires (previously 17-inch)
- New white color scheme for gauges and LCD instrument display
- Standard Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control (previously on Journey models only)
- Three new exterior colors: Arctic Blue, Midnight Garnet and Graphite Shadow
- Moonlight White exterior color now available with Chestnut interior
- Revised Premium Package combines previous Bose® and Around View® Monitor Packages
- Previous Premium Package becomes the Deluxe Touring Package
- 19-inch wheels and tires added as part of the Deluxe Touring Package
- Advanced Blind Spot Warning (BSW) system added to the Technology Package
The 2011 Infiniti EX continues to offer a sculpted exterior design matched with an engaging interior environment with standard leather-appointed seating. All models come equipped with an advanced 297-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 engine and the new 7-speed automatic transmission. Also available is Infiniti’s Intelligent All-Wheel Drive.
The EX’s long list of available features and technology includes RearView Monitor, premium audio system, power-up folding 2nd row seat, Lane Departure Prevention system (LDP), Intelligent Cruise Control (Full-Speed Range), Distance Control Assist (DCA) and Intelligent Brake Assist (IBA) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW).
2011 Infiniti EX Pricing The 2011 Infiniti EX is available in four models: EX35 RWD, EX35 AWD, EX35 RWD Journey and EX35 AWD Journey. The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP)* are:
|EX35 RWD||3.5-liter V6 / 7-speed automatic||$34,150 USD|
|EX35 Journey RWD||3.5-liter V6 / 7-speed automatic||$36,350 USD|
|EX35 AWD||3.5-liter V6 / 7-speed automatic||$35,550 USD|
|EX35 Journey AWD||3.5-liter V6 / 7-speed automatic||$37,750 USD|