Officially debuting today at the Los Angeles Auto Show, Land Rover revealed its new 5-door version of the Evoque crossover. Priced at $45,000 it’s far cheaper than most anything else in the range and is sure to outsell every other Land Rover product combined. Evidence of this was present by the interest shown by the local media in LA, with the crowd around the Jaguar Land Rover booth far larger than at most other autoshows.
Significantly smaller than one might expect, this crossover has the same general exterior dimensions as the coupe model, which debuted at the Paris Auto Show a few weeks back. One major change, however, is a less sloping roofline, to make the rear quarters more livable for passengers.
Despite the relative bargain price, the interior is pure luxury. The Evoque should also make for quite a dynamic package with a turbocharged 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine donated from Ford. Equipped with Land Rover’s Terrain Response system, the Evoque is billed as a capable off-roader, while optional MagneRide shocks allow for maximum road-holding and comfort.
Deliveries of the new Evoque in both 3-door and 5-door trim will begin in the Fall of 2011.
GALLERY: Range Rover Evoque 5-Door
Official release after the jump:
INTRODUCING THE ALL-NEW FIVE-DOOR RANGE ROVER EVOQUE – COUPE STYLE WITH ENHANCED VERSATILITY
- Addition of exciting five-door bodystyle to Range Rover Evoque line-up
- Bold exterior captures coupe design, with the same compact footprint and slightly higher roofline for enhanced versatility
- Premium cabin, with the enhanced space and practicality of the five-door format
- Permanent all-wheel drive combined with turbocharged four-cylinder engine and a six-speed auto transmission deliver performance and minimized fuel consumption
- All-new 240bhp* 2.0-liter Si4 turbocharged engine combining six-cylinder refinement and performance with four-cylinder fuel economy
- Dynamic and agile handling across varied terrain, available with Adaptive Dynamics featuring MagneRide™
- All-weather, multi-terrain capability with patented Land Rover Terrain Response®
- Innovative Range Rover technologies, including 8-inch (203mm) touch-screen display and Surround Camera System
- To be sold in 160 countries worldwide, with North American deliveries from Fall 2011
- Indicative pricing starting from around $45,000