One of several Camaros on display at the Chevy booth at SEMA, the Red Flash Camaro Show car is “the opposite of a sleeper.” Taking the already impressive lines of the fifth-gen Camaro to a new level, the best part about the Red Flash Camaro is that almost all of the accessories attached to the car can be ordered from the Chevrolet Accessory parts catalog.
Available parts include the aggressive aero kit as well as the large rear spoiler. Items like the Heritage hood stripes are already available, while those stunning 21-inch wheels can also be ordered. Chevy hasn’t yet said if the Red Jewel paint will be offered, but we have to think it will.
Inside, the Camaro gets Chevy Accessory pedals and floor mats, while custom touches include red LED lighting and special seats with red stitching. Also inside is a new flat-bottom steering wheel that Chevy says is a “prototype” for a future product. It’s also hard to miss the Hurst shifter.
Under the hood, the big 6.2L V8 gets a Chevy Accessory air intake and exhaust system, as well as a painted engine cover.
We can’t wait to see Camaros like this rolling the streets and await confirmation from Chevy on the Red Jewel paint.
GALLERY: Red Flash Chevy Camaro Show Car
GALLERY: Red Flash Camaro at SEMA
Official release after the jump:
2011 CHEVROLET CAMARO RED FLASH SHOW CAR
The design of the all-new Chevrolet Camaro has been acclaimed by critics and celebrated by sports car buyers. With that appeal as a springboard, Chevrolet designers created the Red Flash Camaro SS Show Car to extend Camaro’s look – and even its sound – to a new level.
Red Flash combines Chevrolet Accessory parts available today with some specially designed new concepts from the design studio, resulting in a unique new Camaro statement. Its Red Jewel exterior color is accented with gray heritage stripes and gray-accented 21-inch wheels. Under the hood, a Chevrolet Accessory air intake kit and, out back, the accessory exhaust kit, enhance the car’s performance, style and sound.
“The Camaro Red Flash is the opposite of a ‘sleeper’ on the street,” said Adam Barry, lead designer. “From every angle, it looks and sounds like the high-performance sports car it is. It’s a model for the enthusiast who doesn’t want to hide his performance aspirations.”
It also wears Chevrolet Accessory body-color ground effects, high-wing rear spoiler with black-painted stanchions and other gray accents. A lowered suspension lends a more aggressive stance.
Inside, the Red Jewel features an Ebony leather-trimmed cabin with titanium stitching and red accents on the seats. There’s also a custom steering wheel, racing-style pedals and red LED lighting for the door trim.
- Red Jewel color
- Heritage hood stripes in gray
- Chevrolet Accessory high-wing rear spoiler (body color with black stanchions)
- Chevrolet Accessory ground effects (body color)
- Chevrolet Accessory 21-inch wheels with gray inserts
- Camaro badges with chrome edges and gray inserts
- Body-color antenna
- Ebony leather with titanium stitching and red accents on the seats
- Prototype Chevrolet Accessory racing-style steering wheel with flat bottom
- Red LED lighting in door trim
- Red footwell and cupholder lighting
- Chevrolet Accessory racing pedal kit
- Chevrolet Accessory floor mats and cargo mat
- LS3 6.2L V-8 with Tremec TR6060 six-speed manual transmission
- Chevrolet Accessory air intake and exhaust systems
- Chevrolet Accessory engine cover in Red Jewel
- Chevrolet Accessory Hurst shifter with custom stone-color stitching on the boot and shift knob