Created to celebrate 30 years of Quattro, the Q5 Custom Concept also serves to bring attention to Audi‘s expanded line of Audi Genuine Accessories – which now includes everything from new wheels to illuminated floor mats.
Originally unveiled at the Volkswagen GTI Wörthersee Tour in Austria, that tuner-friendly group is as close as you come in Europe to a SEMA crowd and so the decision to bring the matte-black Q5 to this side of the Atlantic makes a lot of sense.
Other than the stand-out black paint and colorful 21-inch wheels, the Q5 might not seem all that extreme, but walk a little closer and its proportions hit you. The luxury crossover has been lowered by 2.36-inches for a more coupe-like profile, while the body has been widened significantly with a track that’s actually 3.54-inches wider.
But that’s not all. Rather than a 2.0T engine under the hood, there’s Audi’s new supercharged 3.0-liter V6, which has been further modified, bumping horsepower from 333-hp to 408-hp. The result is a 0-62 mph time of 4.4 seconds.
GALLERY: Audi Q5 Custom Concept
See after the jump for the full breakdown of the Q5 Custom Concept
Overview of the Audi Q5 custom concept
• Engine: 3.0 TFSI, V6 gasoline engine with supercharging and FSI gasoline direct injection
• Max. power output in kW (hp): 300 (408) at 6,000 – 7,000 rpm
• Max. torque in Nm (lb-ft): 500 (369) at 3,000 – 5,500 rpm
• Drivetrain: quattro permanent all-wheel drive
• Gearbox: 7-speed S tronic
• Top speed: 250 km/h (155 mph) (governed)
• 0 – 100 km/h (0 – 62 mph): 4.4 seconds
• Paint: Daytona Gray matt with red applications on the rims, roof rails, front skirt and rear spoiler
• Special features and selected equipment: power-enhanced 3.0 TFSI engine from the Audi S4 with 408 hp (normally 333 hp), ceramic brakes, active sound exhaust system, 90 millimeter wider track, 60 millimeter lower ride height, 21-inch wheels of 7 twin-spoke design, modified air intake, cooling water strut brace in engine compartment, stainless steel-plated pedals, S line sport seats, panorama roof system, “Wörthersee 09″ adhesive film, textile floor mats with “Wörthersee 09″ print application, Audi drive select vehicle dynamics system, parking aid with rearview camera, voice control, Audi lane assist lane change assistant, headlight range control with cornering lights, etc.