The Honda Accord was the most researched new car by consumers in 2010 according to new internal data released by Kelly Blue Book (KBB).
Honda also took the second spot with the Civic, while the Toyota Camry placed third. The Accord, Civic and Camry have all placed in KBB’s top five since 2004.
Rounding out the top five are another Honda, the CR-V, in fourth, while the fifth place finisher is new to the list – the Hyundai Sonata. The new Sonata has been a tremendous success for Hyundai, bringing the car to the top five from 29th place last year.
Other big changers for 2010 include the Ford Mustang, up eight spots to number eight, the Toyota Sienna, up seven places to number 11 and the Chevrolet Equinox, up seven spots to 13.
Big losers in 2010 in include the Toyota Corolla which dropped nine spots to number 14, the Prius, down nine spots to 17 and the Chevy Camaro, down seven places to 19th.
Along with this data, KBB also released info on the five brands with the most interest among consumers. Despite Honda vehicles taking three of the top five most researched vehicle spots, as a brand Honda finished second with 11.4 percent of consumer interest. First was Toyota with 13.4 percent of consumer interest, while the remainder of the list is made up of Ford, Chevrolet and Nissan.
Hit the jump for the full list of the Top 10 Most-Researched New Vehicles in 2010:
KBB’s Top 20 Most-Researched New Vehicles in 2010
1. Honda Accord – Read AutoGuide’s 2010 Honda Accord Review Here
2. Honda Civic – Read AutoGuide’s 2010 Honda Civic Review Here
3. Toyota Camry – Read AutoGuide’s 2010 Toyota Camry Review Here
4. Honda CR-V –
5. Hyundai Sonata – Read AutoGuide’s 2011 Hyundai Sonata Review Here
6. Nissan Altima – Read AutoGuide’s 2010 Nissan Altima Review Here
7. Honda Pilot –
8. Ford Mustang – Read AutoGuide’s 2011 Ford Mustang Review Here
9. Toyota Highlander – Read AutoGuide’s 2010 Toyota Highlander Review Here
10. Toyota RAV4 – Read AutoGuide’s 2011 Toyota RAV4 Review Here
11. Toyota Sienna – Read AutoGuide’s 2011 Toyota Sienna Review Here
12. Honda Odyssey – Read AutoGuide’s 2011 Honda Odyssey Review Here
13. Chevrolet Equinox – Read AutoGuide’s 2010 Chevrolet Equinox Review Here
14. Toyota Corolla –
15. Ford Fusion – Read AutoGuide’s 2010 Ford Fusion Review Here
16. Ford Escape –
17. Toyota Prius – Read AutoGuide’s 2010 Toyota Prius Review Here
18. BMW 3 Series
19. Chevy Camaro – Read AutoGuide’s 2010 Chevy Camaro Review Here
20. Volkswagen Jetta