It seems that the desert racing look is the next big thing when it comes to enthusiast trucks. Ford’s got the Raptor, now, Chrysler’s Ram truck brand is getting in the action with the Ram Runner package, which will become available from March on the brand’s 1500 1/2 ton pickups via Mopar (a display vehicle will be on hand at this year’s North American International Auto Show in Detroit from January 15-23).
The package includes both exterior, suspension and driveline upgrades and comprises of the following hardware
- Front Ram Runner bumper, Part# P5155663, $1,250
- Tubular tire carrier, Part# P5155664, $1,010
- Front Ram Runner fenders, Part# P5155665, $1,020
- Rear Ram Runner fenders, Part# P5155666, $1,350
- Sport performance hood, Part# 82211065AD, $978
- Stage 1 Pre-Runner Suspension Kit, Part# P5155258, $3,129
- Stage 2 Ram Runner Suspension Kit, Part# P5155662, $13,270
- Cold-air intake system, Part# 77070023, $466
- Cat-back exhaust system, Part# P5155280, $1,135
With the buyer opting for every single feature, the complete Ram Runner package will set you back $20,659, plus the donor vehicle, taxes and labor fees if a shop will be handling the work. However, unlike the Raptor which is a factory built vehicle, the Ram Runner will remain strictly a Mopar option package on a standard Ram pickup, at least for the foreseeable future.