We’ve all done it: leaving a parking lot and realizing you don’t have a clue where your car is.
In a recent survey by Insurance.com, 2,000 drivers admitted to their most embarrassing moments that involved anything automotive related. The survey was split evenly between men and women, with 52 percent admitting that they forgot where they parked, topping the list of embarrassing moments. Driving over a curb in a parking lot ranked second at 43 percent, while 37 percent admitted to locking their keys in the car.
As for the rest of the list, going the wrong way down a one-way street was fourth (34 percent) while driving away with something on the roof of the car round out the top five (31 percent). In total, 17 driving embarrassments were documented in the survey:
6. Tried to open a car door and realizing it wasn’t your car (29 percent)
7. Couldn’t back out of a parking space because other cars or objects were too close (27 percent)
8. Dropped money or food at a drive-thru window (26 percent)
9. Accidentally started car’s panic alarm and couldn’t turn it off quickly (22 percent)
10. Lost toll ticket at the payment booth (18 percent)
11. Couldn’t get out of a round-about and drove in circles (13 percent)
12. Gotten pulled over without license, registration and/or insurance (11 percent)
13. Driven away from a gas pump with the nozzle still in the tank (11 percent)
14. Not able to work a key remote to get into the car (9 percent)
15. Almost hit a person (9 percent)
16. Forgot a passenger and had to go back (8 percent)
17. Gotten in a car and realized it wasn’t your car (8 percent)