2016 Smart Fortwo Cabrio Unveiled, Makes Debut at Frankfurt Motor Show

50

The 2016 smart fortwo cabrio has been unveiled and it made its public debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show. 

The biggest update over its predecessor is that the cabrio has removable roof bars, which can turn the car into a true convertible. Previously, the retracting canvas roof acted like a giant sunroof because the top door sills remained intact, but the new model can give drivers a true convertible experience. If drivers want, they can also leave the roof bars in place if they prefer the giant sunroof feel. The roof bars can be stowed in a special compartment in the tailgate.

SEE ALSO: 2016 Smart Fortwo Review

The canvas top can fully retract in 12 seconds and can be operated even when the car is at speed. The soft top can also be opened from the outside of the car using the keyfob.

The cabrio’s torsional strength has been increased by 15 percent over its predecessor and gets more reinforcement than the coupe model.

The rear-engined cabrio will come with the same powertrain options as the coupe model, offering two three-cylinder engines: a 71 hp and a 90 hp unit. A five-speed manual or dual-clutch automatic transmission will be available.

The 2016 smart fortwo cabrio will arrive in dealerships in February 2016 but ordering will be opened in mid-November.

Discuss this story on our smart Forum

  • Mike

    Cute little car. Too bad it’s RWD. Doesn’t work in the nasty snow belt where I reside.

  • Jonny_Vancouver

    Damn. Agreed, it is cute. It feels like cars have been too serious for a while now, It would be a nice change to boot around in something fun for a change.

  • smartacus

    Previous generation had removable roof bars too.
    And they stored in the tailgate compartment too.

  • johnls39 .

    I have an acquaintance who has the current model, not the redesign, who has this as a daily driver. The funny part is he traded the Pontiac MPV fan for the Smart. He is also a bowler and his only option is to leave his bowling equipment, which is a four ball bag, at the bowling alley. This is a cute car but not practical at all and you need a second car pretty much with this.

  • Troy Hoyt

    Either your acquaintance is overtly fond of telling tall tales, and spinning wildly exaggerated yarns, or you are. You seriously must be talking about another automobile here, because your story is about as true as your ‘I’ve heard others say, so it must be true’-type statement, ‘this is a cute car, but not practical at all’.
    My wife and I own a fully modified 2011 brabus smart fortwo, and we’ve never had any issues with our car’s cargo capacity, when it comes to reasonable, or even unreasonable-sized loads.
    There is more than enough room for ten full bags of groceries, a full compliment of camping supplies, (including cooler and two-burner camp stove) hell, we even brought home our 24″ AEG in-wall oven, warming drawer, and 18″ dishwasher, when we renovated the kitchen in our 311 sq.ft. studio condo. (yes, that was all at once, in one trip… the second load was our counter-height refrigerator, full-size microwave oven, and ceramic cooktop)
    So many people hear the words ‘smart car’, and, ‘311 square feet’, and revert to the same closed-minded, shortcut-to-actually-thinking philosophies that echo the greed-fuelled American philosophy of, ‘Bigger is Better’. My wife and I challenge that school of thought every day, by trying to live in a manner which we believe to be more sensible, and yes, even more practical.

    If more people would be content living with only what they need, vice what they want, or think they need, i feel this world would be a lot happier place, due to the reduced stress levels which would be experienced. Too many people are working themselves to death, simply trying to pay for the excess of stuff in their lives… excess stuff they could so easily live without.
    So tell your friend to try cleaning out all of the extra crap he must be carrying around in his smart, or even just try and shuffle it around a bit… I’m certain he will find more than enough room for his bowling equipment, and likely a teammate’s as well… Carpooling is a practical way we can all help our world, plus earn brownie points with a friend… Very helpful to have, if you ever decide to move!
    Believe me when I tell you, there will be more than enough room, once your friend gets rid of the only thing which is actually forcing him to leave his equipment at the alley. A closed mind will take up more cargo space than any amount of groceries, camping gear, or even kitchen appliances ever could.

  • johnls39 .

    So you actually wasted my time by reading thru this bull crap from your post. Everything you said about carrying appliances and other things in the Fortwo is absolute bullshit and you know it. Nice try though.

    Enjoy saving Earth and be more happy with less stuff in your life. Next time you start running off at the mouth or start typing away, can you provide proof that the Smart Fortwo done all of this with photos? I say not because it is a tall lie that a less than sub compact car can do? All it can do is look cute.

  • Troy Hoyt

    I tried to be nice, and keep my comments about your bullshit lies, and cookie-cutter small car comments off of here. You felt the need to drag this into the gutter however, and that’s fine. Sorry about wasting you’re ‘valuable’ time… that was so inconsiderate of me…:P

    Unlike you, I don’t just regurgitate mindless bullshit opinions, which have been the status-quo, since the days of the Austin Mini, and earliest Japanese imports. I’ve always had small, hatchback-type imports, so I’ve learned that much, much more can fit in these cars than most people could ever believe. I challenge those ideas, which is not really very challenging at all.

    I’m not telling any tall tales , nor do I have photographic evidence of this ‘amazing feat’, as I didn’t find the feat to be that amazing, just another day in the life of being someone who drives a small car. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that with superior head room, to basically any other car on the market straight to the very back of the cabin, gives a great advantage in the area of cargo capacity.

    Lastly, If you’re thinking i’m talking about the large 30″ standard appliances, which are the norm here in North America, don’t… As admittedly, they would never fit. I said that they were 24″ European standard-sized appliances. They are quite a bit smaller, but still likely 10 times he size of your buddies bowling equipment.

  • johnls39 .

    You insulted me first so you went there, I didn’t. If you didn’t insult me in the first place I would have not responded and thought your post was full of it and ignore it.

    The cargo area in the back of the car is on a very small size and not enough for every day usability. Either way you go with this, the car still less than practical. What happens if the car breaks down on the side of the road with all the equipment that you have back of the cargo area? There is an engine on the back of the cargo area underneath it; it is not practical at all either way you choose to go with this argument..

    I seen the car several times up close and you can’t tell me that you put stuff bigger than a four ball bowling equipment in the cargo area of the car. Do you know how big a four ball bowling bag is? You have to separate the two and put two bags next to each other sitting up.

    It is not a very big selling car here in the States thanks to lack of dealership locations and no one wants the car this size except minimalist which you are. It is not enough with two people living in a household. A single person household, yes but not two person households. By the looks of this car, it is cheaply made and no one wants a car that looks cheap in certain areas with an inconvenience of getting to the engine in the back of the cargo area underneath, absolutely pathetic.

    My opinions is not mindless bullshit and it is logical. The car is way too small as a daily user for doing necessary errands like grocery shopping and etc for two people. Again if you find ways to make the car fit in your lifestyle, congratulations. I would choose this car too if I live in a tent.

    I still stand by my argument that this car is less than practical and you almost have to have a second car with more practicality and cargo room.

  • Troy Hoyt

    It’s never been a secret that Canadians are intellectually superior to their southern neighbors. I’m certain that the gap isn’t as large as most people think, and that there are many Americans every bit as intelligent as the average Canadian.
    However, it’s the loudmouth variety of American, such as yourself, who only serve to widen the perceived gap in intelligence every time you open your big mouth.

    Your countrymen thank you. ?

  • johnls39 .

    Troy, you are an idiot who easily gets upset of anyone who says shit about their beloved car. You need to grow up and stop acting a fool.

    It just goes to show you that you have low self esteem issues of yourself and your country and what type of person you truly really are. USA is one of the prettier countries along side other countries as well whereas Canada as a country is totally unattractive where no one will spend money to take a vacation in.

    Go ahead and talk down about USA if you want, as a Canadian, you only represent yourself, not all Canadians. And talking about someone with a loud mouth, you spend more time writing dumb and illogical bullshit that does not have anything to do with the car.

    You one of the most disrespectful posters who I find simply amusingly easy to push his or her buttons who can not find anything to back up what they say about their car and try to find underhand tactics like attacking and stereotyping Americans. How you know if I not American and was Canadian? It just goes to show that you are an idiot at best.

    Enjoy your fornicating on top of your Fortwo with your spouse inside your tent with your minimalist attitude and your minimalist lifestyle of yours.

    PEACE!

  • Troy Hoyt

    Okay… So you claim I put down the United States. If you read what I wrote again, I actually stood up for your country, and it’s fine citizens who are dragged down by the intellectual deadwood in America, such as yourself. The only thing I put down, was you, and idiots like you.

    As is the case all over the world, there is a huge amount of anti-American sentiment here in Canada. I do not share this view, and in fact, I have an uncommon adoration of your country. When there is an international hockey tournament, such as the Olympics, or World Juniors, you’ll find me dressed in my red, white, and blue USA jersey, amongst the sea of red and white… and, of course wing sauce, from taking multiple hits from agitated patrons.

    A part of it might be that I enjoy fighting, antagonizing, and being an all-around asshole… but a bigger part of it is that i sincerely believe in many of the values which your country holds dear. I am of the opinion that America thinks big, and accomplishes things, while Canada dreams big, and that’s usually the end of it.

    No, I would never bash your nation, but i will doubly bash the loudmouths like yourself, who are a big part of the reason a good portion of the world despises America. The United States is a great nation, and a world leader in the fight for peace, freedom, and human rights all over the world.

    I served in the Canadian Air Force for over ten years, and was proud to work alongside the fine men and women of the United States military. Canada has worked side-by-side with Americans in many conflicts, especially post-WWII, and I believe that no matter how often we don’t see eye-to-eye on certain matters, whether that be the price of exported softwood, or firearm regulations, when there is a problem anywhere in the world, our common values overlap, and Canada will be there to assist in any way possible.

    So, say what you want about me, but don’t misquote me, and make me look anti-American, because I am about as pro-American as you will find in Canada.

    Now, about the points you raised, sorry, I didn’t answer them, because I didn’t find them overly valid. I will admit however, that you do make a valid point about the cargo area being over the engine compartment. But honestly dude, the same fucking argument could be made about a front-engined car, and making a repair in the rain, or snow… Could it not?

    Sure, with the smart, you have to move whatever you have in the back, either out onto the ground, or, up into the front seat, in order to access the engine compartment… but it would be a massive advantage to have total rain protection, as well as to have dry hands, and basically a dry engine, while you made the repair, no? You know it would, sister! I would even go as far as to say that it is a far bigger pain-in-the-ass to make an engine repair in the rain, than shuffle a few items out of your way. Hell, according to you, smarts can’t hold a damned thing anyway, so it wouldn’t really be any chore whatsoever, correct?

    In the matter of engine compartment placement, any rational-thinking person would agree… Decision goes to the smart!

    Now, let’s talk about your totally-fucked, couldn’t-be-more-wrong, (you’re likely used to that though, Mr. Einstein) one-of-the-most-ridiculous-things-I’ve-ever-heard, boneheaded, brainless, and most of all, thoroughly ignorant comments about Canada. (this one is quite literally, the holy grail of stupidity, and a good example while innocent Americans are seen as uneducated morons by much of the world’s population… Again, the intelligent, and informed citizens of America thank you ?)

    Let me begin, by saying that you are correct when you say that the United States is a beautiful nation. I will not argue that there are many areas which are simply breathtaking, and some of your iconic city skylines rank in the world’s finest. I completely agree with you there!

    However, you claim… and I quote, ‘Canada as a country is totally unattractive where no one will spend money to take a vacation in’. What in the fuck are you talking about, anyway? Did you run fresh out of old bullshit, so you thought you’d just start making up new lies? Lies which are so ridiculous that everyone can finally stop wondering if you actually did suffer a serious head injury that time when you were eight, and fell out of that tree because someone waved at you? I’m pretty sure your secret is out now, Mr. Concussed!

    Canada, is the second largest country in the world in land mass. Inversely, Canada is the least-densely populated country in the world, with a population of just over thirty-five million, and a density of approximately one person, for every 1.74 square kilometres. Plus, between Toronto, and Montréal’s combined population of ten-million people, 29% of that population lives in a relatively small area of land… Meaning? It means that Canada probably has more untouched, and unpopulated landscape in its four tiny Atlantic provinces, than the United States (excluding Alaska) has total! (if your include Alaska, substitute Nunavut for the Atlantic provinces)

    Add onto that, the fact that many of our beautiful, tourist-attractin’ places are shared… Niagara Falls, Rocky Mountains, Great Lakes, and the quaint fishing towns of the Eastern Seaboard, are all fine examples of this.

    You say no one would ever spend money to vacation in Canada, yet in 2011, Canada’s Tourism GDP, stood at 31.3 billion dollars… Now, that doesn’t sound like no one to me. Maybe they came to see the largest supply of fresh drinking water left on the planet, or our truly multicultural society, where acceptance of everyone is much higher than in other areas of the world, or maybe they were coaxed here by our extremely low crime rate, or beautiful, clean metropolises.

    …or maybe they came here to see our large collection of smart fortwos.

    Any way you choose to look at it, the list of Canada’s unrivalled beauty, friendly, welcoming people, and amazing tourist attractions is one which is known the world over, and is indisputable. So, I’m not sure where your little brain came up with your facts on that one, but if I were you, I’d put a stop to the relationship it has with your ass… It seems their close bond may be affecting the way people view you… at least from an intellectual standpoint.

    In the case of, ‘Yeah? Well, your country is so ugly, no one visits…. So there!’, the judges find you guilty of being as stupid as an Atlantic Lobster… after it’s been cooked… The decision is in favour of Canada, one of the world’s most beautiful countries.

    You’re not doing so well, bud.

    Now, for the final bit of ‘reasoning’ you requested an answer to… the elusive ‘bowling ball mystery’…

    While I’m admittedly not 100% sure of how large four bowling balls are, I’m a Canadian, and I sure as fuck know how massive, and awkward a hockey bag, full of equipment is. Even more so, when you’re a goaltender. not only do you have the same sized bag as every other player, but you have to lug along your huge pads, trapper, blocker, oversized sticks, and mask, which is the size of two regular hockey helmets… and yes, I transport it all in my smart, I don’t leave it at the rink, like some kind of defeated pussy, too unimaginative to actually fit his equipment in his car. (although, I think my wife would much prefer that I did… It can get a little smelly sometimes) I think your buddy must be too lazy to lug it back and forth, because this story about the smart not having enough room to carry it, just isn’t true, sweetheart.

    …And the judge’s final decision… Hockey goaltending equipment trumps bowling equipment in size, masculinity, actually being a real sport-manship, coolness, probability of getting you laid, and not making you look like a fat, old-guy with nothing left to live for besides, ’the boys down at the lanes’… as well as any other way something could be better than something else.

    Ooooh. 0 for 3, plus reading something completely wrong, causing you to put your big stupid foot, in your big stupid mouth… and looking even more like a big stupid, moronic asshole than you usually do.

    I know you’re going to say that I’m compensating for something like, ‘low self esteem’, but that is obviously not the case. I drive a smart, fuckhead. I obviously don’t feel the need to compensate for a single, fucking thing.

    …and one last time, I would never trash The United States, Only the trash which unfortunately resides there.

  • johnls39 .

    Man you are a damn fool and a biggest tool on top of that.

    Name calling suit you pretty well because coming from an idiot like yourself who does not have anything better to do with his life is a complete waste of my time and just about all of your post is garbage since couple of days ago. I can’t help it if you get upset about some negative comments to your Smart for that matter. It just goes to show you that you are a retard and slow to the point that it is complete laughable at best.

    You literally wasted my time reading thru this bullshit, plain and simple. And don’t think that you calling me names and other bullshit that is not true of me make me feel bad because I am laughing my ass off at your post. It just goes to show how easily your feathers can get ruffled up.

    “I will admit however, that you do make a valid point about the cargo area being over the engine compartment. But honestly dude, the same fucking argument could be made about a front-engined car, and making a repair in the rain, or snow… Could it not?”

    You find anything to defend your argument and you still can’t defend your argument. Any logical person is not going to raise the hood up in poor weather conditions, dumb-ass. I am not talking about poor weather conditions at all. A front engine car will not have a problem because all the stuff is in the trunk. On the Smart, you have to take stuff out of the trunk. So how is it that the Smart a better purchase than a regular car with a front engine? Again you are finding ways to make another argument for a poor excuse of a car.

    “Now, for the final bit of ‘reasoning’ you requested an answer to… the elusive ‘bowling ball mystery’…

    While I’m admittedly not 100% sure of how large four bowling balls are”

    Thank you! It just goes to show how much of an idiot you truly really are who loves to talk about nothing and don’t know shit of what he is talking about. Why the fuck you make a stupid comment about my friend’s bowling equipment in the car in the first place if you don’t know anything about bowling bags sizes? It just goes to show that you are a very ignorant person in general; shooting off at the mouth without much logic. I am sure my friend can fit his bowling equipment in the car without much hassle but choose to leave it at the bowling alley, which is not your damn concern. Again your argument is weak at best and you can’t find anything better to do and you are making Smart look bad now. You need to learn to stop from here on out.

    “Ooooh. 0 for 3, plus reading something completely wrong, causing you to put your big stupid foot, in your big stupid mouth… and looking even more like a big stupid, moronic asshole than you usually do.

    I know you’re going to say that I’m compensating for something like, ‘low self esteem’, but that is obviously not the case. I drive a smart, fuckhead. I obviously don’t feel the need to compensate for a single, fucking thing.”

    I could not say anything better which describes you actually, a minimalist who lives in a tent fornicating on top of his Smart.

    You talk way too much and make me wonder about your relationship with your wife. Does she talk to you much? Apparently not as much you waste precious time on here babbling about garbage.

    If you like USA, good for you but you are still an idiot who is very disrespectful in life and talks way to much about nonsense and don’t have anything to do with his life. You are nothing more but a douche-bag, plain and simple.

  • Dru_Satori

    Uh. johnls39, I think you have had your leg yanked by your friend.

    I regularly carry a standard cart bag of golf clubs in the ‘trunk’ of my SMART Cabrio. But honestly, that is small potatoes. I am also a triathlete. I use my SMART to get to and from all of my events. Since you seem to need photo evidence?

    This first image is what goes into and on the car for just me:

    The second is of the car with two of us in the car, complete with all of our gear ( being goofballs with our helmets I might add 🙂 ).

    Evidently, you don’t like the SMART, and that is fine, but when you disparage a vehicle, you need to come with facts, no hearsay 🙂

  • johnls39 .

    O.K., I see you like your car and thanks for the photos.

    But it still stand that the SMART lacks cargo capacity compared to other vehicles, which I was trying to explain to Troy Hoyt, who was totally disrepectful throughout between post exchanges. You are right, I don’t like the SMART Fortwo because I don’t like micro-cars like that. However I do like the Fiat 500 and Mini Cooper. This car, IMO, is overkill and good for people who wants something quirky.

    Now if you are a triathlete, do you know what a bowling ball 4 roller bag look like? It is totally different than a golf bag and packaged differently than a golf bag. How much does a golf bag weigh, 2 or 3 pounds? Compared that to a bowling equipment which weigh 56+ bls. compared to golf bag. So therefore, a bowling ball roller bag which houses 4 bowling balls is not going to fit in the Fortwo. If you don’t believe me, then go out and post pics and let me know how successful you are with a four ball bag so I can go and tell my friend, with bowling balls inside the bags.

    I take it that you are not a bowler and you don’t understand and that is O.K. but don’t kid yourself that all equipment can fit in the Smart Fortwo because it does not. If you happen to make fast turns onto another street, more than likely, you will feel the weight of the bags being transmitted in the car. I have a 3200 pound car, I can feel the weight some when I turn onto another street sharply.

    Now in fairness, a one, two and maybe three ball bag may fit in the Fortwo, but I doubt a four ball roller will which my friend has and it is impossible due to extra weight and added equipment like bowling shoes, tape and etc and how they are packaged.

  • RevD

    RWD does not mean poor snow performance. My V6 Mustang with good winter tires and 2 sand bags in the trunk was a fantastic car in the snow in BC and Alberta – better than the VW GTI I have now. With the engine over the rear wheels the Smart has more than enough weight for good traction.

  • Not Debating – Informing

    You’re out of line. You started off this thread with a blatantly false statement and then, when called out on it, launched into a vulgarity-laced, angry screed complete with the kind of name-calling one would expect to hear on a playground (“idiot,” “douche-bag,” “fuckhead,” etc.).

    First you claimed that “his only option is to leave his bowling equipment, which is a four ball bag, at the bowling alley.”

    But, after posting pages of attacks on Mr. Hoyt, you finally admitted that you are “sure [your] friend can fit his bowling equipment in the car without
    much hassle…”

    So you lied. You wrote something that you knew to be untrue in order to denigrate the smart fortwo.

    As to your other claims about the practicality of the car, they are equally untrue. For example, you wrote “The car is way too small as a daily user for doing necessary errands like grocery shopping and etc for two people.” I’ve included a photo of a smart car with groceries in the back. If you and one other person eat more than that in a week, one or both of you has a serious eating disorder.

    In closing, I used a smart fortwo as my primary car for about five years. I commuted almost 60 miles round trip to work each day and my wife and I did our grocery shopping with it (despite her having a Scion XB, we didn’t need that much space). We didn’t have to compromise our lifestyles to use the car.

  • Not Debating – Informing

    One of the best cars in the snow was the rear-engine, RWD VW Beetle. The smart fortwo has the advantage of modern traction control and electronic stability control. I drove mine extensively in the snow and it worked very well.

    I hated my FWD cars in the snow — having the driven wheels be the same as the steered wheels caused the car to want to lose grip in corners and run wide.

  • johnls39 .

    “You’re out of line. You started off this thread with a blatantly false statement and then, when called out on it, launched into a vulgarity-laced, angry screed complete with the kind of name-calling one would expect to hear on a playground (“idiot,” “douche-bag,” “fuckhead,” etc.).”

    Where in my post I said I had false statements of the car? Don’t get upset with me because Troy Hoyt got upset with my comments. If he conducted himself like an adult and show respect, I would not stoot so low with this individual.

    “First you claimed that “his only option is to leave his bowling equipment, which is a four ball bag, at the bowling alley.”

    It is obvious you are not a bowler because I am a bowler also. A four-ball bowling bag you can take it apart also but it is going to be a tight fit and it is not that safe to have 56+ bls. of mass sitting behind you in a micro-car, is it? No it is not and the car is very impractical for what it is because of certain equipment can’t fit in the car and there is no proper trunk for the car. Why is it that Smart people don’t think about consequences and etc. What if you have a car accident and get hit behind with 56+ bls. that could hit you in the back of the seat or all of a sudden you have to stop violently if that will rock your seat or push your seat up which could cause injury?

    “But, after posting pages of attacks on Mr. Hoyt, you finally admitted that you are “sure [your] friend can fit his bowling equipment in the car without
    much hassle…”

    I can’t speak much for my friend and maybe he had tried to put his equipment in the car but again you need to understand that bowling equipment is different than carry groceries and golf bag in the luggage compartment. The only thing I can think of is you have to take apart of the bowling equipment, leave one luggage in back and have the top luggage on the floor of the car on the passenger side which is still not efficient, IMO, especially if you have someone in the passenger seat.

    “So you lied. You wrote something that you knew to be untrue in order to denigrate the smart fortwo.”

    No, I did not lie and I still hold behind my opinion about the Fortwo which I feel is not untrue.

    “As to your other claims about the practicality of the car, they are equally untrue. For example, you wrote “The car is way too small as a daily user for doing necessary errands like grocery shopping and etc for two people.” I’ve included a photo of a smart car with groceries in the back. If you and one other person eat more than that in a week, one or both of you has a serious eating disorder.”

    That is a dumb logic. There are people that buy more than enough groceries or equipment that will last them and also they have a sale or bargain going on which millions of people are temped when it comes to shopping. That has nothing to do with someone having an eating disorder. Again, pure dumb logic.

    “In closing, I used a smart fortwo as my primary car for about five years. I commuted almost 60 miles round trip to work each day and my wife and I did our grocery shopping with it (despite her having a Scion XB, we didn’t need that much space). We didn’t have to compromise our lifestyles to use the car.”

    Good for you then. If you like it, that is perfectly fine and we all can’t like the same thing. But the Smart is not my type of car which is nothing wrong with it but I still stand behind what I say that the car is still very impractical and unncessary. You need to get over other people’s comments about the car and move on. Being defensive about a car is ridiculous and flat-out laughable which I am laughing right now. I think most of you Smart lifers have a minimal complex disorder and get too defensive if someone say something negative about Smart Fortwo. Let me ask you this then, if the car is so great to you, how come they don’t sell well at all? The general public agree that the car is very impractical, too small and overkill to buy it over a sub compact or compact car. I see myself in a Mazda2 but not a Fortwo.

  • Dru_Satori

    Interestingly, I do also bowl, though never seriously enough that I needed or wanted a 4 ball bag for my efforts. I just carry a two ball for my wife and I. A 4 ball bag is basically a small rolling tool chest. It is not going to fit in many vehicles, including the Mini Cooper, Fiat 500 without folding seats down. If you fold the passenger seat down in a smart, it will absolutely fit, you just won’t carry a passenger that way. It might even fit behind the seats if both seats are moved forward a little. I suspect the slope of the back window and the seats are the problem, and as such it back probably be made to work.

    Now I brought up the golf bag, because it is a curious shape, and you’ll find many ‘bigger’ cars that can’t carry that bag with all the clubs in it. (Included on this list, Volvo C30, Audi A4, Fiat 500…

    The point though, is that every car is a compromise. We trade performance for fuel efficiency, size for efficiency, luxury for cost, etc. In your very first post you declared the smart cute, but not practical at all. For you, it may well not be because of the compromises that suite your lifestyle, while for others, it works very well. You are correct, I do have another vehicle, a bicycle (or 4), and they serve me very well, but I don’t advocate them to everyone because riding 22 miles a day round trip to work in any and all weather is not something that suits every lifestyle.

    I’ll defend the SMART as a solid little commuter vehicle, and runabout. I’ve driven mine from Florida to New York. I’ve loaded it to the gills with stuff, I’ve crashed it, and it has served beautifully. Is it for everyone? Nope, but that is the great thing about the car market. We have options.

  • Cliff

    So, pretty much the entire first paragraph of this article is false, and goes to show how much research went into it. A quick image search will plainly show you that the Cabrio roof rails have ALWAYS been removable and stow in the tailgate. Perhaps, just perhaps, the “biggest update” is the fact that IT LOOKS LIKE AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT CAR? Sheesh. Who pays these people?

  • Akmjd51

    Hi Johnls39,
    I have had my cabrio for almost 4 yrs now and I carry all 4 tires in the back when I do my seasonal tire change over, I live in Alaska and use my car year round. I’m also a quilter and have a rolling cart for my sewing machine. I pick up a friend and both our carts fit in back. Maybe your friend just doesn’t pack well. My husband is always amazed at what I can fit in my car. Granted, I don’t haul lumber or large appliances but it hauls my dogs and all the things I need.

  • Akmjd5

    I live in Alaska. First years I had mine we got 12 ft of snow that winter. Managed to get high centered twice in my driveway, my fault, my driveway slopes! I did fine otherwise!

  • Jennifer Valley

    I HATE the new styling! It looks boxy and has lost the roundness that made it unique and cute! SOOOO BUMMED!!!! Please change it back!

  • johnls39 .

    If you agree that insulting and disrespecting people are your thing who does not share your opinion, you and Troy Hoyt deserve each other.

  • Mike

    Well my early 2000s RWD Tacoma was a pain in the a** in the snow, even with sand bags. Here in the Dakotas we get feet of snow, not inches. And the wind drifts it severely. I’m hoping my FWD car makes it this year with my busy schedule. Traded in a 4×4 Tacoma for an Avalon Limited. We will soon see. I probably should have kept the Tacoma.

  • Not Debating – Informing

    You wrote: “Where in my post I said I had false statements of the car?”

    You initially said that your friend “had no choice” but to leave his gear at the bowling alley and then you later admitted that you are “sure [your] friend can fit his bowling equipment in the car without much hassle…” Both things cannot be true.

    You wrote: “If he conducted himself like an adult and show respect, I would not stoot so low with this individual.”

    I went back and re-read his entire initial reply to you and it was
    civil, mature, and appropriate. He politely gave you a couple of ways to save face, writing “Either your acquaintance is overtly fond of telling tall tales, and spinning wildly exaggerated yarns, or you are. You seriously must be talking about another automobile here…” His reply included no vulgarity or name-calling.

    Your reply to him was completely inappropriate, vulgar, and insulting. The very first sentence referred to his post as “bull crap” and you followed that up with an allegation everything he wrote about what he carried in his smart fortwo was “absolute bullshit” and that he was telling “a tall lie.”

    You wrote: “Why is it that Smart people don’t think about consequences and etc. What if you have a car accident and get hit behind with 56+ bls. that could hit you in the back of the seat.”

    All automobile seats, including the reclining mechanisms, are required to withstand a force of 3,300 pounds without collapsing. Leave the engineering to us engineers.

    You wrote: “That is a dumb logic.”

    I don’t engage in “dumb logic.” I trade in reality. The smart fortwo is more than adequate for a normal family of two to use as a grocery getter — ignoring fictitious, silly scenarios involving “sales” in which you are filling up multiple grocery carts.

    You wrote: “Being defensive about a car is ridiculous and flat-out laughable which I am laughing right now.”

    What’s more laughable and ridiculous — correcting false assertions about a car you own or engaging in a multi-week tirade denigrating one you have never owned?

    You wrote: “I think most of you Smart lifers have a minimal complex disorder and get too defensive if someone say something
    negative about Smart Fortwo.”

    Yeah, my minimalism complex is why I own a GMC Yukon, an Infiniti G37x, a Mazda Miata, five motorcycles, two enclosed trailers, and a center console boat. Now I’m the one laughing.

  • Not Debating – Informing

    The average IQ in the U.S. is 98 and the Canadian average is a single point lower at 97. I would argue that both numbers are borderline mentally retarded, so I don’t think either of us has anything to brag about.

  • RevD

    It’s all about weight distribution. At about 32 to 35 pounds per sand bag you would need 15 or more to make a real difference in a 2wd pickup.
    As for the amount of snow, that’s something else all together. Every vehicle is limited by the ground clearance. Try to go through a 2.5 foot snow drift in a car with 6 inches of ground clearance it’s simply not going to happen.
    The conditions I was referring to included up to about 12 inches of fresh snow with ice underneath. Granted the Mustang had a limited slip differential. The ability to get and keep going aside, the Mustang always felt far more stable than the GTI in limited traction settings I equate that to the 49% rear to 51% front (with sand bags) weight distribution and rear wheel drive.

  • Not Debating – Informing

    Jennifer, I agree! I have the 2008 model and it’s so much cuter than this. This one reminds me of a bulldog or pug.

  • johnls39 .

    “You initially said that your friend “had no choice” but to leave his gear at the bowling alley and then you later admitted that you are “sure [your] friend can fit his bowling equipment in the car without much hassle…” Both things cannot be true.”

    I am going by what my friend said and I made an assumption for myself that he could put bowling equipment in the car, totally two different comments. You seriously have reading comprehensions and need to learn to read better. Don’t you understand what I am saying! Regardless if my friend wants to hassle his bowling equipment into his SMART is not my concerned like it is not your concerned one bit. You are getting ridiculous with this argument and don’t have anything better to do now.

    “I went back and re-read his entire initial reply to you and it was
    civil, mature, and appropriate. He politely gave you a couple of ways to save face, writing “Either your acquaintance is overtly fond of telling tall tales, and spinning wildly exaggerated yarns, or you are. You seriously must be talking about another automobile here…” His reply included no vulgarity or name-calling.

    Your reply to him was completely inappropriate, vulgar, and insulting. The very first sentence referred to his post as “bull crap” and you followed that up with an allegation everything he wrote about what he carried in his smart fortwo was “absolute bullshit” and that he was telling “a tall lie.””

    Not Debating – Informing, let me tell you this then, if that is not an insult to you than the only thing I can tell you is you two deserve each other. Troy’s manner of comment to me about fondly telling tall lies and start jabbering about unrelated stuff was insulting and disrespected me and came across I was telling tall lies which I was not. He had an assumption of what I said and he could had kept his comments to himself but did not. All he could of done and said that he could easily put stuff in the car without hassle and I would not respond to his post and end of story. Other posters responded to me and showed me respect and I did not responded back because they did not insult me, don’t you get it? I say no you don’t get it.

    If I acted inappropriate to you, that is your problem, not mine. Get use to it because I am not the only one and I don’t see anything wrong with it if you are not at the wrong. I only act that way towards certain people like Troy Hoyt and he did the exact same “inappropriate, vulgar and insulting” type crap too and you are not any better than he is and you agree with him what he said about me so what that makes you?

    “I don’t engage in “dumb logic.” I trade in reality. The smart fortwo is more than adequate for a normal family of two to use as a grocery getter — ignoring fictitious, silly scenarios involving “sales” in which you are filling up multiple grocery carts.”

    Goto the website of Good Car, Bad Car and you will see that the SMART is not a strong seller. If the car fits your needs more than adequately, good for you and forget about what any distractors had to say about the FORTWO.

    “What’s more laughable and ridiculous — correcting false assertions about a car you own or engaging in a multi-week tirade denigrating one you have never owned?”

    I made an opinion about the car, I never dissed the car. I only said that it was overkill for its size and does not offer luggage capacity which is my personal opinion which a lot of others view the same as well. Too people like you who wants to argue and insult someone who does not view your opinions, that is your own problem, not mine but yet you get upset because I insulted Troy Hoyt and SMART? Please, you act like the car is your wife.

    “Yeah, my “minimal complex disorder” is why I own a GMC Yukon, an Infiniti G37x, a Mazda Miata, five motorcycles, two enclosed trailers, and a center console boat. Now I’m the one laughing.”

    Good for you then and while you are bragging about it, go buy you a Ferrari or Aston Martin for all I care. Like anyone gives a crap. Personally I don’t care what toys you drive or own. Someone that brags about stuff have low self-esteem issues with one’s self which you seem to have.

    And thanks for showing the picture but that first picture posed a safety hazard, you do know that do you? Not being able to see out of the review mirror. Maybe you have sense enough to look behind before you merge onto another lane.

  • Not Debating – Informing

    You, johnbls39, are the one who resorted to name calling, vulgarity, and insults. Troy Hoyt’s very first message to you was civil and appropriate He went out of his way to give you a pair of face-saving ways to back out, suggesting that your friend might have been telling you a “tall tale” or that you might have been thinking of another small car.

    I don’t know if you think that people are too lazy to scroll up, but we can all see Mr. Hoyt’s first message to you as well as your vulgar, insulting, profane reply.

  • johnls39 .

    Anyone who says saving face or face saving is guilty of the fact and don’t want to admit who started the argument. If you can’t read and understand, you have reading comprehension issues.

    Anything else you have a problem with? You are a hypocrite and you insulted me by putting yourself in this position that don’t have anything to do with you.

  • Not Debating – Informing

    You wrote: “I am going by what my friend said and I made an assumption for myself
    that he could put bowling equipment in the car, totally two different
    comments.”

    Untrue. You wrote “He is also a bowler and his only option is to leave his bowling equipment, which is a four ball bag, at the bowling alley.” That wasn’t quoting him; it was you making a statement about “his only option.” It sounds like Troy Hoyt was right, that your friend “is overtly fond of telling tall tales,” since he told you something that even you assume to be untrue.

    You wrote: “.and came across I was telling tall lies which I was not.”

    If you go back and re-read what he wrote, he first suggested that maybe your friend was the one telling tall tales.

    You wrote: “Goto the website of Good Car, Bad Car and you will see that the SMART is not a strong seller.”

    We weren’t discussing sales figures, so that’ irrelevant.

    “I made an opinion about the car, I never dissed the car.”

    No, you presented, as fact, something that you now admit that you assume to be untrue.

    You wrote: “Good for you then and while you are bragging about it, go buy you a
    Ferrari or Aston Martin for all I care. Like anyone gives a crap.
    Personally I don’t care what toys you drive or own. Someone that brags
    about stuff have low self-esteem issues with one’s self which you seem
    to have.”

    I’m not bragging about anything. I’m showing how stupid you were to suggest that “most of you Smart lifers have a minimal complex disorder.” Oh, I get it, either I silently accept that I am a “Smart lifer” with “a minimal complex disorder” or I am bragging if I show you that I own a large range of vehicles. If I wanted to brag, it would not be about owning a bunch of vehicles.

  • Not Debating – Informing

    You wrote: “Anyone who says saving face or face saving is guilty of the fact and don’t want to admit who started the argument.”

    That’s tossed-word-salad is not even a sentence. Try again.

    You wrote: “If you can’t read and understand, you have reading comprehension issues.”

    I’m a published author who has been paid for articles in professional and popular magazines. So I’m not the one with the reading comprehension issues.

    You wrote: “You are a hypocrite and you insulted me by putting yourself in this position that don’t have anything to do with you.”
    I does have to do with me because I read it. Cowards like you rely on good people standing by silently while you pick fights online and abuse others. It’s not happening this time.

  • johnls39 .

    Don’t you have shit to do already? Apparently you don’t have a life and you are absolutely obsessed of what I am doing that I feel sorry for you now, seriously. But I don’t mind arguing with you since you don’t know when to give up with your childish self but lets see here:

    “It sounds like Troy Hoyt was right, that your friend “is overtly fond of telling tall tales,” since he told you something that even you assume to be untrue.”

    I am still sticking to what I said and I am making an assumption that SMART lacks cargo capacity. Get over yourself and move on already. You are getting very ridiculous with your argument of what I said about SMART FORTWO 2 millions times.

    “We weren’t discussing sales figures, so that’ irrelevant.”

    No you did not want to make it relevant because in my couple of posts I pointed out to you that SMART FORTWO is not a big seller but you ignore it because you know it is fact.

    “No, you presented, as fact, something that you now admit that you assume to be untrue.”

    I made an opinion that is not a fact to anyone else but my subjective views but it does not matter because you don’t understand a thing I am telling you, period.

    “I’m not bragging about anything. I’m showing how stupid you were to suggest that “most of you Smart lifers have a minimal complex disorder.” Oh, I get it, either I silently accept that I am a “Smart lifer” with “a minimal complex disorder” or I am bragging if I show you that I own a large range of vehicles. If I wanted to brag, it would not be about owning a bunch of vehicles.”

    You started bragging about your vehicles and what I said about the Fortwo or any related comments got under your skin, so beat it. The world don’t revolve around you. The world does not revolve around me either for that matter.

    And you still did not reply to my response of lack of vision in your SMART in the first photo. So that right there let me know that you know yourself that SMART is not that user friendly and if loaded to the gills in the cargo capacity that hinders vision from the rear view mirror, that it will create unsafe driving which you don’t care to explain about so therefore the FORTWO is useless as a vehicle based on your ignorance of my reply concerning safety and limited vision hazard.

  • SpiderMonkey

    Stop letting him troll you! He’s some dumb kid making up shit as he goes along. Just flag his posts like I did and move on.

  • johnls39 .

    “That’s tossed-word-salad is not even a sentence. Try again.”

    Hey, you words, not mine.

    “I’m a published author who has been paid for articles in professional and popular magazines. So I’m not the one with the reading comprehension issues.”

    Whatever, you are denying and you do have reading comprehension issues.

    “I does have to do with me because I read it. Cowards like you rely on good people standing by silently while you pick fights online and abuse others. It’s not happening this time.”

    You need to learn how to speak better with better grammar. You are little use to me because I have a lot better things to do. And by the way, I don’t speak coward. But hey if you want to pick a fight with me online, go ahead. You are wasting your time just like that other poster who does not post here anymore since I put him in his place and you know who I am talking about.

  • Not Debating – Informing

    Apparently you’re the one with nothing to do since you’ve been at this for over a month on here. I started less than a day ago.

    You wrote: “I am still sticking to what I said and I am making an assumption that SMART lacks cargo capacity.”

    What you said is all over the place. First you said that your friend’s bowling bag absolutely won’t fit and then you said that it will. So you’re sticking with those contradictory statements. Got it. And now, rather than relying on what you have been told by multiple people who own the car, you’ve decided to make assumptions about it.

    You wrote: “I made an opinion that is not a fact to anyone else but my subjective views but it does not matter because you don’t understand a thing I am telling you, period.”

    You’re in a hole. Stop digging. You were not stating an opinion when you wrote: “He is also a bowler and his only option is to leave his bowling equipment, which is a four ball bag, at the bowling alley.” That’s not a statement of an opinion.

    You wrote: “You started bragging about your vehicles…”

    Nope. I just showed how idiotic your claim was when you referred to me as a “Smart lifer” with “a minimal complex disorder.” If I wanted to brag about something, there are much more impressive things I could cite than a bunch of modestly-priced vehicles.

    You wrote: “And you still did not reply to my response of lack of vision in your SMART in the first photo.”

    Okay, I’ll respond: It’s only unsafe if you’re incompetent. Any of us who have driven vans or large trucks without rear windows, or who have towed large enclosed trailers behind full-size SUVs, have no problem relying on side-view mirrors in a vehicle as small as a smart fortwo.

  • Not Debating – Informing

    You wrote: “Hey, you[sic] words, not mine.”

    Nope, this tossed-word-salad was your words: “Anyone who says saving face or face saving is guilty of the fact and don’t want to admit who started the argument.”

    You wrote: “You need to learn how to speak better with better grammar.”

    There’s nothing wrong with my grammar.

    You wrote: “And by the way, I don’t speak coward. But hey if you want to pick a fight with me online, go ahead.”

    The fact that you say things online that you’re not man enough to say in the real world shows that you are a coward.

    You wrote: “You are wasting your time just like that other poster who does not post here anymore since I put him in his place and you know who I am talking about.”

    He just got bored with your trolling, lies, and contradictory BS, so you can stop patting yourself on your back. Here’s what he wrote about you in another forum:

    www{dot}hondachat{dot}com/showthread.php?t=IDpcWtPsFULq7By3w

  • johnls39 .

    “Apparently you’re the one with nothing to do since you’ve been at this for over a month on here. I started less than a day ago.”

    You interject yourself in my conversation and made it your business. So anyone who interject themselves will get a response rather they like the comment or not.

    “What you said is all over the place. First you said that your friend’s bowling bag absolutely won’t fit and then you said that it will. So you’re sticking with those contradictory statements. Got it. And now, rather than relying on what you have been told by multiple people who own the car, you’ve decided to make assumptions about it.”

    Again you are so stupid and dumb enough to let go of this argument. I am not all over the place and I am still sticking by my story and that is that. This argument from you is way overdue and childish.

    “Nope. I just showed how idiotic your claim was when you referred to me as a “Smart lifer” with “a minimal complex disorder.” If I wanted to brag about something, there are much more impressive things I could cite than a bunch of modestly-priced vehicles.”

    No, what is idiotic is that you are so upset about what was said about the FORTWO. Again, why would you give a crap of what anyone says if you love it so much?

    “Okay, I’ll respond: It’s only unsafe if you’re incompetent. Any of us who have driven vans or large trucks without rear windows, or who have towed large enclosed trailers behind full-size SUVs, have no problem relying on side-view mirrors in a vehicle as small as a smart fortwo.”

    Incompetent does not have anything to do with it and it does create a safety vision hazard with the cargo capacity filled up to the roof. I use my side mirrors also and I rather turn back to make sure I have right away. Side mirrors on your car if not adjusted correctly have blind spots. You do know that, do you? If you cause an accident, let me know about your lack of incompetence then.

  • Not Debating – Informing

    You wrote: “You interject yourself in my conversation and made it your business.”

    If you want a private conversation, use email or a phone. This is a public comment section, and like Troy Hoyt, akmjd51, dru_satori, and SpiderMonkey, I decided to join in. If you don’t want a conversation with me, then don’t reply.

    You wrote: ” I am not all over the place and I am still sticking by my story and that is that.”

    You are all over the place. First you said that your friend’s bowling bag absolutely won’t fit and then you said that it will. Then you said that it won’t again.

    You wrote: “No, what is idiotic is that you are so upset about what was said about the FORTWO.”

    Nope. It’s about your insulting characterizations of everyone who owns them.

    You wrote: “Incompetent does not have anything to do with it…”

    Then why do so many other people have no problem driving vans and trucks with no rear windows? All of the groceries that you droned on about were probably transported to the stores in trucks without rear windows.

    You wrote: “Side mirrors on your car if not adjusted correctly have blind spots. You do know that, do you?”

    I don’t share your inability and/or unwillingness to properly adjust outside mirrors.

    P.S. I see that you chose to give me the last word in the other thread above. You are getting smarter. Or are you too busy angrily responding to Troy Hoyt at the hondachat link I gave you?

  • johnls39 .

    You know what man, I am not going to read what some idiot said about me and I could care less. Both you and Troy Hoyt are bunch of cry babies who do not have anything better to do with themselves but get mad and be defensive if someone said something about their precious car. If you had a lemon, you would defend it to death no matter what.

    As far I am concerned, I am laughing at you while I am writing this and just goes to show you are a small person inside who lets anyone make you upset about negative comments about a car.

    I am not a coward like you are and I am smarter than you are. The reason I am smarter than you are is I don’t interject into other people’s comments like you do and starts arguments. I see various forum members who get into arguments all the time and I laugh my ass off but don’t interject myself by putting someone into his or her place. Nice try for playing online police, though.

    So to a loser like you, I don’t give a crap what you say or think about me. I know who I am and I feel good about myself.

  • Not Debating – Informing

    You wrote: “You know what man, I am not going to read what some idiot said about me and I could care less.”

    His posts on hondachat, with quotes of what you wrote and links back to here, are how I found this. He was kind of mad that I’d told you about that thread, so it’s probably good that you are staying away.

    You wrote: “I am not a coward like you…”

    Then let’s see if we can arrange a face-to-face meeting. What state do you live in?

    You wrote: “…are and I am smarter than you are.”

    That’s funny. The chance that your IQ is as high as mine is less than one in 100 based on the statistics of IQ distribution.

    You wrote: “So to a loser like you, I don’t give a crap what you say or think about me.”

    Apparently you do “give a crap” since you’ve posted thousands of words in reply to me. And I expect that you will write more.

    You wrote: “I know who I am and I feel good about myself.”

    Well isn’t that special?

  • johnls39 .

    “If you want a private conversation, use email or a phone. This is a public comment section, and like Troy Hoyt, akmjd51, dru_satori, and SpiderMonkey, I decided to join in. If you don’t want a conversation with me, then don’t reply.”

    Unlike you, you continue to blabber and don’t shut up like a child. But hey, to each his or her own.

    “You are all over the place. First you said that your friend’s bowling bag absolutely won’t fit and then you said that it will. Then you said that it won’t again.”

    Nothing but lies but someone with a serious lack of reading comprehension who I am not going to respond to a dumb trivial argument anymore about the subject.

    “Nope. It’s about your insulting characterizations of everyone who owns them.”

    Just goes to show you can’t ignore of what anyone has to say about the Fortwo in a negative manner.

    “I don’t share your inability and/or unwillingness to properly adjust outside mirrors.”

    Good because you pack your car all the way to the ceiling. And who said that I have inability to properly adjust my outside mirror? I know that you are not talking about me.

    “P.S. I see that you chose to give me the last word in the other thread above. You are getting smarter. Or are you too busy angrily responding to Troy Hoyt at the hondachat link I gave you?”

    Again, I let idiots read other idiots’ comments about me which I don’t give a crap about. Don’t have anything to do with me in the Honda Chat. What is so funny is why Troy Hoyt talking about me in Honda Chat? You and your fellow Smart members got defensive about what I said about the car and you bought your buddies on this thread. And what thread you are talking about that I did not respond to? I been arguing with you on this thread and not another. Obviously, you don’t know what you are talking about.

  • johnls39 .

    “His posts on hondachat, with quotes of what you wrote and links back to here, are how I found this. He was kind of mad that I’d told you about that thread, so it’s probably good that you are staying away.”

    Ah so he does give a damn huh?

    “Then let’s see if we can arrange a face-to-face meeting. What state do you live in?”

    Forget about it, I am not going to waste my time talking to you. The only face to face meeting you will get is for you to fornicate on your Fortwo.

    “That’s funny. The chance that your IQ is as high as mine is less than one in 100 based on the statistics of IQ distribution.”

    I know that describes you pretty well.

    “Apparently you do “give a crap” since you’ve posted thousands of words in reply to me. And I expect that you will write more.”

    And you still on here as well. But hey whatever floats your boat it floats mine too.

  • Not Debating – Informing

    You wrote: “Forget about it, I am not going to waste my time talking to you. The
    only face to face meeting you will get…”

    Apparently you’re willing to talk to me at length — just not face-to-face. Thanks for confirming the whole coward thing.

    You wrote: “…is for you to fornicate on your
    Fortwo.”

    I’m not like you: I own a home and can afford a hotel if I’m on the road.

    You wrote: “I know that describes you pretty well.”

    No, it’s just a description of my IQ, not of me.

    You wrote: “And you still on here as well. But hey whatever floats your boat it floats mine too.”

    Okay, so can we cyber next? LOL

  • johnls39 .

    LOL, if was nice arguing with your sorry self.

    Have a good life!

  • Not Debating – Informing

    You wrote: “Unlike you, you continue to blabber and don’t shut up like a child.”

    You’ve posted more messages in this comment section than I have and are incapable of ‘shutting up’ and not replying.

    You wrote: “Nothing but lies but someone with a serious lack of reading comprehension…”

    My reading comprehension is fine. You wrote both of these sentences:

    1. “He is also a bowler and his only option is to leave his bowling equipment, which is a four ball bag, at the bowling alley.”
    2. “I am sure my friend can fit his bowling equipment in the car without much hassle but choose to leave it at the bowling alley, which is not your damn concern.”

    Then can’t both be true.

    You wrote: “Just goes to show you can’t ignore of what anyone has to say about the Fortwo in a negative manner.”

    This was not a comment about the car: “I think most of you Smart lifers have a minimal complex disorder…” It was a comment about people, not the car they own.

    You wrote: “Good because you pack your car all the way to the ceiling.”

    No, I don’t ever pack my car that way. That was a photo from the Internet.

    You wrote: “And who said that I have inability to properly adjust my outside mirror?”

    I said that because you wrote “Side mirrors on your car if not adjusted correctly have blind spots” as an explanation for why the inside mirror was so crucial to you.

    You wrote: “What is so funny is why Troy Hoyt talking about me in Honda Chat?”

    Nothing. Nothing was funny at all. Everybody there was just saying what a great guy you seemed to be.

    You wrote: “I been arguing with you on this thread and not another. Obviously, you don’t know what you are talking about.”

    Apparently you don’t since this thread forked several times into sub-threads. Or did you think that “thread” meant every post in an entire comment section?

  • Not Debating – Informing

    It was a hoot chatting with you, too. Now go shove your balls into a smart car trunk and see if you can slam the back closed. 🙂

    Same to you — have a good life!

  • willow

    I kind of like it, I have a 2011, and it looks boxy, where the new style front end reminds me of the old 50’s cars