Jerry Seinfeld is putting up 16 of his collectible Porsche sports cars for auction.
Seinfeld is actually selling 18 cars total, but two of them are Volkswagens: A 1964 Volkswagen Camper and 1960 Volkswagen Beetle. The remaining 16, however, make up an impressive list of collectibles that any Porsche enthusiast will want to keep their eyes on.
- 1955 Porsche 550 Spyder
- 1957 Porsche 356 A Speedster
- 1958 Porsche 597 Jagdwagen
- 1958 Porsche 356 A 1500 GS/GT Carrera Speedster
- 1959 Porsche 718 RSK
- 1963 Porsche 356 B 2000 GS Carrera 2 Coupe
- 1966 Porsche 911
- 1973 Porsche 917/30 Can-Am Spyder
- 1974 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.0 IROC RSR
- 1989 Porsche 911 Speedster
- 1990 Porsche 962C
- 1994 Porsche 964 Turbo 3.6 S Flachbau
- 1998 Porsche 993 3.8 Cup RSR
- 2000 Porsche Carrera GT Prototype
- 2011 Porsche 997 Speedster
- 2012 Porsche 997 GT3 4.0 Cup “Brumos Commemorative Edition”
If you’re curious as to why Seinfeld is letting all these vehicles go, it’s not because he’s broke. Or at least he’s not saying he is.
“Honestly, if I had unlimited time, space and attention span, I would never sell one of them,” Seinfeld explained in a statement from Gooding & Company. “And the reason I wanted to bid these cars farewell in this way is really just to see the look of excitement on the faces of the next owners who I know will be out of their minds with joy that they are going to get to experience them. My enthusiasm for this pursuit remains quite insane and I am very fortunate to have many other cars I get to look after.”
Discuss this story on our Luxury Lifestyle Forum