AutoGuide News Blog
The AutoGuide News Blog is your source for breaking stories from the auto industry. Delivering news immediately, the AutoGuide Blog is constantly updated with the latest information, photos and video from manufacturers, auto shows, the aftermarket and professional racing.
Mercedes-Benz is expanding its E-Class family of vehicles with a new wagon. Called the Estate in European markets, the wagon will be available with ten different engine options.
The new wagon will launch in November with two gas options and three diesel options:
- E 350 CGI BlueEFFICIENCY: V6, 3498 cm³, 215 kW/292 hp, 8.6–8.9 l/100 km, 200–208 g/km, 7-speed automatic transmission
- E 500: V8, 5461 cm³, 285 kW/388 hp, 11.1–11.2 l/100 km, 258–260 g/km, 7-speed automatic transmission
- E 220 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY: 4-cylinder in-line, 2143 cm³, 125 kW/170 hp,5.8 l/100 km, 150 g/km, 6-speed manual transmission
- E 250 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY: 4-cylinder in-line, 2143 cm³, 150 kW/204 hp, 5.8 l/100 km, 150 g/km, 6-speed manual transmission
- E 350 CDI Blue-EFFICIENCY: V6, 2987 cm³, 170 kW/231 hp, 7.0–7.3 l/100 km, 185–192 g/km, 7-speed automatic transmission
An additional three gas options and two diesels will be introduced in early 2010:
- E 200 CGI BlueEFFICIENCY: 4-cylinder in-line, 1796 cc, 135 kW/183 hp,7.7-n/a l/100 km, CO2 179-n/a g/km, 6-speed manual transmission,
- E 250 CGI BlueEFFICIENCY: 4-cylinder in-line, 1796 cc, 150 kW/204 hp,8.0-8.2 l/100 km, CO2 185-191 g/km, 5-speed automatic transmission
- E 350 4MATIC: V6, 3498 cc, 200 kW/272 hp, 10.2-10.3 l/100 km,CO2 238-241 g/km, 7-speed automatic transmission
- E 200 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY: 4-cylinder in-line, 2143 cm³, 100 kW/136 hp,5.7–n/a l/100 km, 150-n/a g CO2/km, 6-speed manual transmission
- E 350 CDI 4MATIC BlueEFFICIENCY: V6, 2987 cc, 170 kW/231 hp, 7.6–7.7 l/100 km, CO2 200-203 g/km, 7-speed automatic transmission
The new wagon will have air suspension with rear self-leveling. The E-Class wagon has a load capacity to 68.8 cubic feet.
In addition to the standard models, AMG will, as expected, offer its own version of the E-Class Wagon: the E63 AMG Estate. With a 6.2-liter V8 making 518hp and 465 ft-lbs of torque, the E63 Wagon will get you (and all of your stuff) where you have to go… fast. In fact, the E63 Estate takes just 4.6 seconds to hit 60 mph! And because if you bought a wagon you might actually care somewhat about practicality, Mercedes is pleased to announce that the new 2010 model is now 12 percent more fuel-efficient.
GALLERY: Mercedes-Benz E-Class Estate
More on the E63 AMG Estate after the jump:
Thanks to the folks at WorldCarFans, we have these photos of the upcoming 2010 Mercedes E63 Estate/Wagon. Spotted hanging out at the Nürburgring, this family hauler might be more at home out on the track than in the paddock.
With the E63 sedan already out, we have a good idea of what the wagon model will bring. Included will be the 6.2-liter V8 engine with 518hp and 465 ft-lbs of torque, hitting the ground through the rear wheels via a 7-speed Speedshift MCT transmission.
Expect a long list of safety features as well as what will most likely be some serious weight savings over the previous model.
The 2010 E63 AMG Estate will debut at the Frankfurt Auto Show in a few weeks time.
GALLERY: 2010 Mercedes E63 Estate/Wagon
Despite rumors of its delay, Mercedes has confirmed that the E-Class station wagon (or Estate as they call it in Europe) will debut at the Frankfurt Auto Show this September.
Sales of the new E-Class are already off to a strong start says Mercedes with 40,000 units already delivered and U.S. and Chinese deliveries still yet to happen.
“The fact that the E-Class sedan already became the global market leader in May demonstrates how well it is being received by our customers,” said Dr. Klaus Maier, Executive Vice President Sales and Marketing at Mercedes-Benz. “The new coupe is also extremely popular, thanks to its dynamic design and the new generation of efficient engines. We are very delighted with this positive response because the E-Class has always been of great importance for Mercedes-Benz. It’s an exemplary embodiment of the brand’s basic attributes of safety, comfort, and quality. The new E-Class also sets the standards when it comes to economy in the upper-range segment.”
The E-Class wagon will debut as a 2010 model and like past versions we expect the North American market to receive the E350 4MATIC and 6.2-liter V8-powered E63 AMG model.
Official release after the jump: