Auto News

AutoGuide News Blog


The AutoGuide News Blog is your source for breaking stories from the auto industry. Delivering news immediately, the AutoGuide Blog is constantly updated with the latest information, photos and video from manufacturers, auto shows, the aftermarket and professional racing.
 |  Jul 06 2009, 12:30 PM

BentleyArnage2010spyphoto1.jpg

The folks at U.K.’s CAR magazine have managed a few spy photos of Bentley’s upcoming Arnage successor, but there’s more to the story than just that.

The photo above, as well as several others, were taken inside Bentley’s Crewe headquarters last week and show a finished body, but an interior that is still being worked on.

As for the engine, CAR says to expect the usual 6.75-liter V8 with 550hp and 800 ft-lbs of torque and a top speed around 200 mph. When it debuts the Arnage successor will likely be E85 compliant to help improve fuel-economy. A hybrid version is to be expected down the line.

A permanent all-wheel drive system will be used, a sign that Volkswagen/Audi folks had a lot to do with the ground-up creation of this regal sedan.

As for a name, that continues to be a secret but the car currently goes by the code name Project Kimberley.

Expect pricing to be in the range of £220,000 or $360,000.

[Source: CAR]

 |  Jun 10 2009, 10:35 AM

newgrandbentley_img1.jpg

Just one photo. That’s all Bentley has released of its upcoming successor to the Arnage, but it’s all we need to start getting excited.

While we love the classic style of the Arnage, it will be nice to see what appears to be a more progressively and aggressively designed super luxury sedan. We expect the new model will be longer and provide even more interior room that the Arnage as Bentley aims to take on the upcoming Rolls-Royce Ghost.

In terms of an engine, there are many rumors including an Audi-sourced twin-turbo W12 diesel and a version of the Bugatti 16 cylinder engine. Both seem highly unlikely, however – especially the diesel.

More likely is a version of the traditional 6.75-liter motor or a all new powerplant.

It is expected that Bentley will unveil a full concept model at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance in August.

Get the Flash Player to see this player.

 |  Jun 03 2009, 9:52 AM

Arnage_Final_Series_6_1.jpg

In December Bentley announced that after 10 years it would cease production of its Arnage, but didn’t even hint at a replacement for the ultra-luxury sedan. Now word comes that the car’s successor might be revealed as early as this August, at a typical venue – the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance.

The car is expected to be even larger and more upscale than the current model, and be more than ready to take on the upcoming Rolls-Royce Ghost.

There is no word on what platform the car will use or what engines, and while a W12 or the 6.75-liter V8 are certainly the most likely options, Bentley has said it is working on an entirely new engine that will deliver 40 percent better fuel economy than it’s current engines.

The chassis will most likely be entirely aluminum in keeping with Bentley’s commitment to cut weight from its cars.

A close-to-production concept vehicle is expected to be unveiled at the Pebble Beach Concourse in Monterey, California on August 16th.

[Source: AutoTelegraaf via Autoblog]