AutoGuide News Blog
The AutoGuide News Blog is your source for breaking stories from the auto industry. Delivering news immediately, the AutoGuide Blog is constantly updated with the latest information, photos and video from manufacturers, auto shows, the aftermarket and professional racing.
Get the Flash Player to see this player.
This idea treads dangerously close to our idea of a “hipster hitchhiking” app that combines GPS, iPhones, and gold leggings â€” currently in beta testing â€” but still, using your phone to find a ride to work is a brilliant idea.
Provided there are people who are going the same way and aren’t creeps, of course. This free RideRemedy app (for the first three months) doesn’t reveal the email addresses or phone numbers of those using the program. After three months of carpooling, the program costs $4.99 per year â€” with ten per cent of the proceeds going to organizations intent on improving the environment.
Other features include:
- â€¢ Find a ride, create a car pool, share a cab, reduce your carbon footprint and save time and money while doing so.
- â€¢ Privacy: RideRemedy does not share phone numbers or email addresses with other ride sharers.
- â€¢ Utilize in-app text messaging. Incur no additional costs for contacting ride sharers within the RideRemedy application.
- â€¢ Obtain just-in-time matches or post your ride weeks in advance.
- â€¢ Calculate dollar savings and CO2 emission reduction for each ride.
- â€¢ Set variable time and distance preferences for finding matches.
- â€¢ Share rides anywhere in the world that your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch has data service.
If you’re so inclined, head over to the iTunes Store and try it out.