2016 Chevrolet Volt
- MSRP Range:
- Local Dealer Price:
- Fuel Economy: N/A
1. The next generation Chevrolet Volt will debut in 2015 as a 2016 model.
2. Expect the second generation Volt to use a new platform with an evolutionary redesign.
3. Still slated to be a plug-in electric model, the gasoline engine is expected to see a change from the current 1.4-liter four-cylinder to a more efficient three-cylinder unit.
4. Targeting an improvement of 20 percent more electric mileage, the Volt should be able to drive 50 to 60 miles on electricity alone, up from 38 in the current model.
GALLERY: 2014 Chevrolet Volt
Discuss this future car at our Chevrolet Volt forum
New Car Finder
View all Chevrolet News Recent 2016 Chevrolet Volt News
- 2016 Chevy Volt Bows With 50-Mile Electric Range Chevrolet is set to unveil its all-new, second-generation Volt at the Detroit auto show later today. This 2016 model features a laundry list of improvements but most importantly its electric-only driving range has been increased to 50 miles. read full story
- GM Files for ‘Chevrolet Bolt’ Trademark Chevrolet has filed for another electricity-inspired vehicle nameplate, though where it will be used is still a mystery. read full story
- GM Investing $449M into Next-Generation Volt Plant General Motors is betting big on its next-generation Volt, with more electrified vehicles on the way. read full story