2. The BMW 1 Series is going to be built on a front-wheel drive architecture, though expect all-wheel drive as an available option.
3. Under the hood, expect a range of turbocharged three cylinder enginesand four-cylinder engines borrowed from the MINI lineup.
4. Price at around $30,000 like its rivals, the BMW 1 Series will likely debut in 2016.
GALLERY: BMW 1 Series Sedan Spy Photos
Discuss this story at our BMW forum
New Car Finder
View all BMW News Recent 2017 BMW 1 Series Sedan News
- BMW Believes Self-Driving Cars Will Eliminate the Need for Motorcycle Safety Gear Riders won't need protective gear in the future — simply because they won't crash. read full story
- Front-Drive BMW 1 Series Sedan Introduced Exclusively for China The newest member of BMW's lineup won't be heading to the U.S. read full story
- BMW 1 Series Sedan Spied Cold Weather Testing The BMW 1 Series sedan has been caught testing by spy photographers in snowy winter conditions. read full story