1. The Ford F-150 Raptor gets the aluminum treatment and sheds some 700 lbs.
2. It also gets some love from the EcoBoost technology team, with a 3.5-liter twin-turbo V6 engine found under the hood that will make more power and torque than the old 6.2-liter V8 that made 411 horsepower and 434 lb.-ft. of torque.
3. That engine will be mated to a new 10 speed automatic transmission, and the off-road ready truck will feature six driving modes to suit the traction and surface conditions.
4. Like the last model, the Raptor uses Fox shocks, that give the truck over 11.2-inches of travel at the front and 12-inches at the rear.
5. New is a torque-on-demand transfer case and a torsen front differential has also been fitted to the new truck.
Get the Flash Player to see this player.
GALLERY: 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Live Photos
Discuss this story at our Ford EcoBoost Raptor Forum
New Car Finder
View all Ford News Recent 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor News
- Custom Ford F-150 ‘F22’ Raptor Heading to Auction The one-of-a-kind truck will be auctioned at the annual EAA Gathering of Eagles on Thursday, July 27. read full story
- Poll: Ram 1500 Rebel or Ford F-150 Raptor? Which off-road truck is better? read full story
- Blindfolded Thrills at Ford Performance Racing School It's tough to pay attention when you're laughing this much. read full story
- 5 Things I Learned Ripping Through the Snow in a 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor We take the Raptor into the depths of winter to see how it fares. read full story
- 2017 Hennessey VelociRaptor 600 Makes the Standard Ford Raptor Look Boring Just in case the 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor's 450 horsepower isn't enough for you, Hennessey Performance is offering a thorough upgrade package. read full story
- 2017 AutoGuide.com Truck of the Year Winner Announced In what was a heated battle for pickup supremacy, a decision has been made on which new truck is the best of the bunch. read full story
- Ford Begins Sending Ship Loads of AMERICA to China Ford has begun shipping its 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor to customers in China. read full story
- Why Are People Covering Their Trucks in Bedliner? It may be crazy looking and a bit extreme, but this modification has some practical uses as well. read full story
- Here’s Your Chance to Own a One-Off 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor A one-of-one 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor will cross the auction block in Scottsdale, Arizona. read full story
- Poll: Ford F-150 Raptor or Mercedes-Benz G-Class? Off-roading can be tons of fun, provided you’ve got the right equipment. Rock-crawling in a Prius probably isn’t the way to go. read full story