1. This lightweight supercar is the next GT from automaker Ford.
2. Its EcoBoost V6 engine makes over 600 hp, and is mated to a seven speed dual clutch transmission.
3. Set to go into production in 2016, the car uses a carbon fiber passenger cell that will need to be fitted for drivers.
4. While the passenger cell is made from cabon fiber, the front and rear sub-frames are crafted from aluminum, making this car very light-weight.
Get the Flash Player to see this player.
GALLERY: Ford GT Official Photos
GALLERY: 2017 Ford GT Live Photos
Discuss this story at our Ford forum
New Car Finder
View all Ford News Recent 2017 Ford GT News
- Ford GT Drive Modes Detailed The Ford GT is getting five unique drive modes. read full story
- Your Next Ford Mustang Spoiler Could be 3D Printed Ford continues to explore the possibilities of 3D printing. read full story
- Lucky Ford GT Buyers Can Opt for a More Hardcore Model Because track performance is more important than air conditioning and the radio. read full story
- Poll: Acura NSX or Ford GT? Arguably, Italy is the country best known for building ultra-exotic automobiles. read full story
- 6 Cars That Make Less Power with More Engine Than the Ford GT It turns out there IS a replacement for displacement. read full story
- Ford GT Specs Finally Released, Supercar Barges Into Ferrari Territory The GT will produce 647 hp and tip the scales at 3,000 pounds making it the fastest Ford ever. read full story
- The Ford GT’s Digital Gauge Cluster Makes it Easier to Go Fast Ford is packing its GT supercar with state-of-the-art technology. read full story
- Ford Expands Takata Airbag Recall by Adding 816K Vehicles Ford is also expanding its Takata airbag recall. read full story
- The Ford GT Just Got Even More Expensive We get the feeling owners won't really care. read full story
- Ford GT Owners get a Unique Way to Configure Their Cars Those lucky enough to be getting a Ford GT can also get their hands on a one-of-a-kind order kit. read full story