1. This lightweight supercar is the next GT from automaker Ford.
2. Its EcoBoost V6 engine makes over 600 hp, and is mated to a seven speed dual clutch transmission.
3. Set to go into production in 2016, the car uses a carbon fiber passenger cell that will need to be fitted for drivers.
4. While the passenger cell is made from cabon fiber, the front and rear sub-frames are crafted from aluminum, making this car very light-weight.
Get the Flash Player to see this player.
GALLERY: Ford GT Official Photos
GALLERY: 2017 Ford GT Live Photos
Discuss this story at our Ford forum
New Car Finder
View all Ford News Recent 2017 Ford GT News
- What to Expect at 2017 Monterey Car Week It's time for fancy cars in a fancy place. read full story
- Special Edition Ford GT Pays Tribute to Le Mans Winner The 2018 Ford GT '67 Heritage Edition will be on display at the 2017 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. read full story
- The Ford GT Relies More on Computers Than a Fighter Jet Does The Ford GT may be even more high-tech than you think. read full story
- Deliveries of the Ford GT are Delayed Struggles with suppliers have caused a backlog. read full story
- Top 10 Supercars Heading to the 2017 Goodwood Festival of Speed Once again, the Michelin Supercar Paddock will play host to several awesome cars at the 2017 Goodwood Festival of Speed. read full story
- 5 Things You Definitely Don’t Know About the Ford GT The 2017 Ford GT is an excessively expensive, stupidly fast, and rare breed of American psycho car. read full story
- Top 10 Coolest Stock Hoods You Can Buy What's good in the hood? read full story
- Ford GT Drive Modes Detailed The Ford GT is getting five unique drive modes. read full story
- Your Next Ford Mustang Spoiler Could be 3D Printed Ford continues to explore the possibilities of 3D printing. read full story
- Lucky Ford GT Buyers Can Opt for a More Hardcore Model Because track performance is more important than air conditioning and the radio. read full story