1. The Honda Clarity is the new fuel-cell vehicle from Honda that will compete directly with the Toyota Mirai.
2. The Clarity is expected to go on sale at the end of 2016 in Japan, though US availability hasn’t been confirmed.
3. Expect the car to cost around $60,000, with leases sitting under $500 a month.
4. Honda is considering bringing a hybrid version of the Clarity after the launch of the fuel-cell model.
5. Honda expects the plug-in car to have at least 39-miles of all-electric range and says that the plug-in will launch in all 50 States.
Discuss this story at our Honda Fuel Cell Forum
New Car Finder
View all Honda News Recent 2017 Honda Clarity News
- 2017 Honda Clarity Electric Gets Competitive Lease Price The all-electric sedan will be heading to dealerships this August. read full story
- Honda Clarity Now Available as a Fully Electric and Plug-In Hybrid Model Up until now, the Honda Clarity has only been available as a fuel cell-powered vehicle. read full story
- Honda is Introducing New Electrified Models in April The Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid and Clarity Electric will bow at the 2017 New York Auto Show. read full story
- Honda to Debut New Hybrid-Only Model Next Year Honda has confirmed an all-new dedicated hybrid will arrive next year. read full story
- Honda NeuV Concept Wants to Make You Money This EV is designed with the idea that a car can make a driver some extra money while they're not using it. read full story
- Honda Clarity Heads to California Dealers with Competitive Pricing Honda's fuel cell vehicle will be available in California by the end of 2016. read full story
- Honda Clarity Fuel Cell has the Best EV Range in the US Honda's new fuel-cell sedan has the most range of any EV on the market. read full story
- Honda Clarity Range Expands to Include 3 Green Models Beyond the fuel-cell model, a plug-in hybrid variant as well as a pure electric model will be offered. read full story