1. Hyundai dropped this interesting crossover-based truck concept at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show.
2. Called the Santa Cruz, this truck sports a 2.0-liter diesel engine that makes 190 hp and 300 lb-ft of torque.
3. It also features the HTRAC all-wheel drive system and promises to earn 30 mpg on the highway.
4. The Santa Cruz Concept has a bed extender that allows the entire bed to be stretched out, giving the truck roughly the same size bed as a midsize pickup when pulled out.
5. Hyundai says it designed this concept to go after the CUV and sedan customer so towing and payload were not priorities during design.
6. The feeling from Hyundai executives is that the company wants to have a truck offering, so expect the Santa Cruz to eventually go into production.
Get the Flash Player to see this player.
GALLERY: Hyundai Santa Cruz Live Photos
GALLERY: Hyundai Santa Cruz Official Photos
Discuss this story at our Hyundai Forum
New Car Finder
View all Hyundai News Recent 2017 Hyundai Santa Cruz News
- Hyundai Set to Unveil Something New Next Month The Korean automaker has unconfirmed it will unveil a new vehicle at the 2017 Chicago Auto Show. read full story
- Hyundai Drops Another Hint that it Wants a Pickup Truck Hyundai unveiled another pickup truck concept at the 2016 Sao Paulo Auto Show. read full story
- Hyundai Santa Cruz Pickup Aiming for 2018 Introduction A decision on the Hyundai Santa Cruz pickup truck has been made. read full story
- Hyundai Pickup Truck Won’t Arrive Before 2020 if Greenlit Don't expect to see a production Hyundai pickup truck go on sale before 2020. read full story
- Hyundai Santa Cruz Pickup will Spawn Kia Model The upcoming Hyundai Santa Cruz pickup truck will spawn a Kia variant. read full story
- Help Us Pick the Best Looking Hyundai Concept Car of All Time Hyundai knows sexy. read full story