1. The Golf R400 was originally introduced as a concept at the 2014 LA Auto Show, but now the German company has confirmed that it will go into development.
2. The Golf R400 will use the same turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, but output will be increased to 400 hp.
3. Expect the 0-60 mph times to be under four seconds for this all-wheel drive compact.
4. Along with the additional power, the Golf R400 will get bigger brakes and a unique aero-kit.
Discuss this future car at our Volkswagen Golf R400 Forums
New Car Finder
View all Volkswagen News Recent 2017 Volkswagen Golf R400 News
- Volkswagen Kills the Golf R 400, You Can Blame Dieselgate Good news is hard to come by in Volkswagen land, and today is just another one of those days. read full story
- VW Golf GTI TCR Looks Mean and Ready to Win Races Volkswagen Motorsport has revealed its new Golf GTI TCR race car packing all sorts of goodies to help turn fast lap times. read full story
- VW Considering Shutting Down Phaeton Plant Volkswagen is looking into shutting down its Phaeton plant in Dresden as it seeks to reduce costs. read full story