1. The next generation Volvo V40 will be arriving in the US sometime in 2017.
2. The V40 is a hatchback, aimed to take on the entry-level luxury vehicles from Mercedes, BMW and Audi.
3. Available overseas with six engine options, the US model will likely be offered with a 2.0-liter turbocharged gasoline engine from the brand’s Drive-E engine family.
4. Volvo also offers a XC40, a lifted crossover variant that will replace the V40 Cross Country in other markets but it’s unclear whether the XC40 will also make its way to the U.S.
Discuss this story at our Volvo V40 Forum
New Car Finder
View all Volvo News Recent 2017 Volvo V40 News
- Volvo Teases Concepts for New Compact Models Volvo is getting ready to debut its compact offerings. read full story
- 2017 Volvo V40, V40 Cross Country Get a New Face The 2017 Volvo V40 and V40 Cross Country models have received the new face of Volvo. read full story
- Volvo Files Trademark for C40, C60 Nameplates for Possible New Coupe Models Volvo could be looking at adding a pair of sporty coupes to its lineup. read full story
- 2017 Volvo XC40 Compact Crossover Mule Spied Testing The 2017 Volvo XC40 is in its early stages of development. read full story