1. The Buick Regal sedan will be replaced by a hatchback and a wagon version, based on the Opel Insignia vehicles in overseas markets.
2. Compared to the outgoing model, it is up to 440 pounds (220 kilograms) lighter depending on powertrain and trim.
3.According to Opel, the Insignia Sports Tourer will be available with a range of turbocharged gasoline and diesel engines in Europe, along with a new eight-speed automatic transmission. Best of all, it will have Insignia’s new intelligent all-wheel-drive system with torque vectoring, a feature that will make the Regal TourX exciting to drive.
4. In the U.S., we expect the Regal TourX to feature GM’s 3.6-liter V6 engine, but we’re still holding out hope that the automaker will bring the Insignia’s 2.8-liter twin-turbo V6 to the U.S.
Discuss this story on our Buick Regal Forum
New Car Finder
View all Buick News Recent 2018 Buick Regal News
- 310-HP 2018 Buick Regal GS is a Promising Performance Bargain The 2018 Buick Regal GS has a starting price of $39,990 including destination. read full story
- Buick China Releases First Images of 2018 Regal GS We expect the American-spec Regal GS to look similar or the same. read full story
- 2018 Buick Regal GS Said to Arrive With 310HP V6 and AWD Buick themselves may have let info on the new GS slip. read full story
- 2018 Buick Regal TourX Priced From an Affordable $29,995 Rejoice! An affordable wagon for North America. read full story
- Time to Define: What is a Sportback, Shooting Brake and 4-Door Coupe? This is all quite confusing, and it's only going to get worse. read full story
- Buick Hunting Whole New Audience with the Regal TourX Buick trying to squeeze in on the luxury crossover wagon niche with the TourX read full story
- All-New 2018 Buick Regal Is Now a Sportback and a Wagon The Buick Regal has been completely overhauled from rockers to roof for 2018. read full story