1. The Buick Regal sedan will be replaced by a hatchback and a wagon version, based on the Opel Insignia vehicles in overseas markets.
2. Compared to the outgoing model, it is up to 440 pounds (220 kilograms) lighter depending on powertrain and trim.
3.According to Opel, the Insignia Sports Tourer will be available with a range of turbocharged gasoline and diesel engines in Europe, along with a new eight-speed automatic transmission. Best of all, it will have Insignia’s new intelligent all-wheel-drive system with torque vectoring, a feature that will make the Regal TourX exciting to drive.
4. In the U.S., we expect the Regal TourX to feature GM’s 3.6-liter V6 engine, but we’re still holding out hope that the automaker will bring the Insignia’s 2.8-liter twin-turbo V6 to the U.S.
Discuss this story on our Buick Regal Forum
New Car Finder
View all Buick News Recent 2018 Buick Regal News
- Time to Define: What is a Sportback, Shooting Brake and 4-Door Coupe? This is all quite confusing, and it's only going to get worse. read full story
- Buick Hunting Whole New Audience with the Regal TourX Buick trying to squeeze in on the luxury crossover wagon niche with the TourX read full story
- All-New 2018 Buick Regal Is Now a Sportback and a Wagon The Buick Regal has been completely overhauled from rockers to roof for 2018. read full story