1. The Ford Mustang has dropped the V6 as its base engine option and will only be offered with a 2.3-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder and a 5.0-liter V8.
2. The two engines will get a power bump, with the V8 engine getting direct and port injection.
3. A ten speed automatic transmission will also be offered in addition to a six-speed manual.
4. The interior has also been slightly refreshed with a 12.3 inch digital dash.
5. The Mustang’s standard suspension setup is now the old performance package suspension, while MagneRide adjustable suspension setup will be available as part of the new Performance Package.
Discuss this future car at our Ford Mustang Forums
New Car Finder
View all Ford News Recent 2018 Ford Mustang News
- Shelby GT350 and GT350R to Return for 2018 Model Year Ford has announced the most track-ready, street legal Mustang ever produced will return for the 2018 model year. read full story
- The 2018 Ford Mustang Has a Cute/Kitschy New Feature It beats 30 times per minute, just like the heart of a resting pony. read full story
- Ford is Being Sued by Shelby GT350 Mustang Owners Ford Shelby GT350 Mustang owners aren't too happy. read full story
- Ford Patents Clever Cup Holders that Smokers will Love Forget the wheel, Ford wants to reinvent the cup holder. read full story
- Almost 6,000 Ford Mustangs Recalled for Faulty Door Springs Approximately 5,470 units are affected in the U.S. read full story
- Mustang Used in Steve McQueen’s Bullitt Supposedly Resurfaces in Mexico A user on an AutoGuide.com forum claims it's the real deal. read full story
- Top 10 Most Iconic Hollywood Movie Cars The Oscars are right around the corner and we've got movies on the mind. read full story
- 2018 Ford Mustang Shows its Fresh Face Aside from new design, Ford’s done plenty of work under the hood. read full story
- Ford GT Specs Finally Revealed, Refreshed Ford Mustang, Dodge Demon News: Weekly News Roundup Video A quick rundown of the week’s biggest automotive news stories. read full story
- Ford Mustang Fails European Crash Tests The Ford Mustang just crashed headlong into a wall of bad European PR. read full story