1. The Ford Mustang has dropped the V6 as its base engine option and will only be offered with a 2.3-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder and a 5.0-liter V8.
2. The two engines will get a power bump, with the V8 engine getting direct and port injection.
3. A ten speed automatic transmission will also be offered in addition to a six-speed manual.
4. The interior has also been slightly refreshed with a 12.3 inch digital dash.
5. The Mustang’s standard suspension setup is now the old performance package suspension, while MagneRide adjustable suspension setup will be available as part of the new Performance Package.
Discuss this future car at our Ford Mustang Forums
New Car Finder
View all Ford News Recent 2018 Ford Mustang News
- The Ford Mustang is So Cool it Has its Own Ice Cream Uhh, what's that taste like? read full story
- 2018 Ford Mustang Adds Retro Appearance Package The Pony Package will only be available on EcoBoost-equipped Mustangs. read full story
- Ford Wants to Make it Easier to Carry a Bike on Your Car A bike rack isn't always a viable option for car owners. read full story
- Aston Martin Patents and DB11 V8, Jaguar Super Sedan, New Wienerfleet and More: Weekly News Roundup Video The top automotive stories from around the world. read full story
- Ford Mustang EcoBoost Now Offered With a Burnout Button V8 Mustang owners used to have all the fun, but not anymore. read full story
- 2019 Ford Shelby GT500 Spotted With a Cage Sources within the Blue Oval confirm this is the 2019 Ford GT500 Mustang. read full story
- German Tuners Build an 807-HP Hellcat-Fighting Ford Mustang Muscle car has 807 hp and 700 pound-feet of twist. read full story
- Ford CEO Mark Fields ‘Retires’ Fields was at the helm of Ford since mid-2014. read full story
- This is Possibly the Next Ford Mustang Mach 1 Another Ford Mustang prototype has been spotted on the prowl, leaving us with more questions than answers. read full story
- Shelby Unveils Widebody Super Snake Concept Super Snake is a name synonymous with only the most superlatively speedy Ford Mustangs and this one is no exception. read full story