1. Called the McLaren 720S, this is the next car in the Super Series lineup and it looks as dramatic as a proper supercar should with its new McLaren design language and butterfly doors.
2. Built around a carbon fiber monocoque, the 720S’s dry weight rings in at just 2,828 pounds. The suspension has also been redesigned and the 720S gets McLaren’s adaptive Proactive Chassis Control with three driving modes and a drift mode.
3. The 720 name means that the supercar’s 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8 outputs 720 horsepower and 568 pound-feet of torque. Hooked up to a seven-speed transmission, all that engine helps rocket the McLaren to 62 mph (100 k/h) in under three seconds and onto a stop speed of 212 mph (341 km/h). The braking is almost as good as the P1, bringing the 720S to a full stop from 124 mph in just 4.6 seconds and 117 meters.
4. Deliveries of the McLaren 720S begin in May and the supercar replaces the 650S.
Discuss this future car at our luxury lifestyle forum
New Car Finder
View all McLaren News Recent 2018 McLaren 720S News
- McLaren is Now the King of the Nurburgring (Sort Of) The street-legal McLaren P1 LM has set a new Nurburgring record. read full story
- Here’s a McLaren 720S Mega Gallery For You to Drool Over McLaren has shared over 50 new photos of its stunning 720S supercar. read full story
- Top 10 Cars Heading to RM Sotheby’s Villa Erba Auction Millions of dollars worth of cars will cross the auction block in late May. read full story
- First McLaren 720S Rolls Off the Production Line It marks a new era for the British automaker. read full story
- McLaren 720S LEGO Kit Perfect for Aspiring Car Designers Another McLaren is now available to all in LEGO form. read full story