1. Thanks to some help from Nissan, Mercedes is showing off a new small pickup truck that’s based on the Nissan Navara.
2. Mercedes plans to launch the X-Class in Argentina, Brazil, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Europe by late 2017. The decision to bring the truck to the U.S. is said to still be up in the air.
3. Mercedes says the the top-of-the-line model trucks will be powered by a V6 diesel, combined with 4Matic all-wheel drive, a transfer case with low gears and two differential locks. It will be rated to tow around 7000 pounds and haul 2,200 pounds of payload.
4. The rear end of the truck will use a five-link rear axle with coil springs, like the Ram 1500, to provide a nicer on-road ride than traditional leaf springs.
Discuss this story at our Mercedes X-Class Forum
New Car Finder
View all Mercedes-Benz News Recent 2018 Mercedes-Benz X-Class News
- Mercedes Pickup Truck Sheds Some Camo for Spy Photographers The Mercedes-Benz X-Class pickup truck has shed a bit of its camouflage. read full story
- Mercedes Rules Out X-Class Pickup for North America The premium X-Class would be a tough sell in truck-saturated North America. read full story
- Mercedes Pickup Truck Looks Production Ready in Latest Spy Photos The Mercedes-Benz X-Class pickup truck looks like it will be ready to debut this year. read full story