1. Tesla’s first mass market vehicle will be named as the Model III.
2. The Model III will be about the same size as a BMW 3 Series, and cost about $35,000 before incentives.
3. Expect the Model III to have a range of 215 miles on a single charge.
4. Zero-to-sixty times of the new car will be about 5 seconds.
Discuss this future car at our Tesla forum
New Car Finder
View all Tesla News Recent 2018 Tesla Model III News
- Tesla Skips a Step, Goes Straight to ‘Early Release’ Model 3s Tesla is getting closer to Model 3 production. read full story
- Tesla Model 3 Prototype Caught Cruising Down the Street Watch the Tesla Model 3 driving in traffic. read full story
- Tesla Model 3 Production to Start Really Soon Initial production for the Tesla Model 3 could begin as early as July. read full story
- Tesla Model 3 Won’t Get a Large Capacity Battery Tesla Model 3 shoppers won't have a 100-kWh battery option. read full story
- Tesla Begins to Make Room for Model 3 Production The company is investing an additional $350 million to help meet demand for the upcoming Model 3. read full story
- Here’s What it Will Cost to Supercharge Your Tesla Tesla is going to begin charging for Supercharging. read full story
- Tesla Had a Not-So-Great 2016, Just Like the Rest of the World The American electric automaker didn't deliver 80,000 units as expected. read full story
- Tesla is Fighting Back Against Supercharger Hogs Tesla is trying to make sure that its Superchargers aren't being hogged. read full story
- Tesla Buys German Company to Help Automate Production Tesla has bought a new company that focuses in automation. read full story
- Tesla Model 3 Will Feature New Glass Technology From Solar Roof Tiles Tesla creating Glass Group to develop and innovate products for both solar roof tiles and automotive applications. read full story