1. Tesla’s first mass market vehicle will be named as the Model III.
2. The Model III will be about the same size as a BMW 3 Series, and cost about $35,000 before incentives.
3. Expect the Model III to have a range of 220 miles on a single charge.
4. Zero-to-sixty times of the new car will be about 5.6 seconds, with a top speed of 130 mph.
Discuss this future car at our Tesla forum
New Car Finder
View all Tesla News Recent 2018 Tesla Model III News
- Tesla is Getting Ready to Test its Self-Driving Semi-Truck The automaker is already talking with state officials on testing prototypes. read full story
- Tesla’s Gigafactory is Already Making A Mind Boggling Amount of Batteries Tesla claims the Gigafactory produces more batteries than any other factory in the world. read full story
- Tesla Convinces Investors to Buy $600M in Bonds That's one way to pay for a production ramp up. read full story
- More Tesla Model 3 Details Revealed by the EPA The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has published the Model 3's certification documents. read full story
- Tesla Model Y Crossover to Share Platform With Model 3 The Model Y should arrive in late 2019. read full story
- Bringing Tesla Model 3 to Market May Result in ‘Manufacturing Hell’, Musk Says Working for Tesla is no walk in the park, it seems. read full story
- How Much Will a Tesla Model 3 Cost? Now that the first Tesla Model 3 units have been delivered, everybody's asking, how much will a Tesla Model 3 cost? read full story
- Tesla Model 3 Adds ‘Long Range’ Variant with 310-Mile Range Tesla has officially delivered the first production Model 3 units. read full story
- Where to Watch the First Tesla Model 3 Deliveries Live Streaming The first 30 Tesla Model 3s will be handed over to their owners tonight. read full story
- Tesla Made Elon Musk a Lot of Money Last Year Well, sort of. read full story