1. Volkswagens upcoming three row SUV will be officially named the Atlas.
2. The Atlas will be built in Chattanooga, TN and will be based on VW’s MQB modular platform
3. Expect a 3.6-liter V6 engine to be offered, making 280 horsepower, or a 2.0-liter turbochaged four-cylinder to power the Atlas, which would make about 238 hp.
4. Measuring at about 5 meters long, the Atlas will feature seating for seven, all-wheel-drive and lots of cargo space.
This article originally appeared on VWvortex.com
New Car Finder
View all Volkswagen News Recent 2018 Volkswagen Atlas News
- Volkswagen Has Solved the Age-Old Burning Butt Problem This might be the most over-engineered solution ever. read full story
- Volkswagen Wants Adults to Play with LEGOs Too What’s more fun than LEGO? Nothing. read full story
- Volkswagen Atlas Gets an Outdoor-Inspired Special Edition The Atlas Weekend Edition is designed to be perfect for a weekend excursion. read full story
- VW to Use 5G Internet Connectivity in Autonomous Cars The 5G network will allow cars to communicate with each other and local infrastructure to warn them about driving conditions ahead. read full story
- Reborn Volkswagen Microbus Headed to Production: Report The company’s latest Microbus concept — named I.D. Buzz — might not stay a concept for long, an insider claims. read full story
- Ex-VW Group CEO Denies Prior Knowledge of Dieselgate Volkswagen's ex-CEO still says he didn't know about the diesel scandal. read full story
- Volkswagen’s Newest SUV Could Spawn a Pickup Truck The German automaker's chief engineering officer confirms an Atlas-based truck is a possibility. read full story
- Volkswagen I.D. Buzz Concept Video, First Look Sooner or later, Volkswagen will produce the Microbus. read full story
- Pricing for Volkswagen’s New SUV Announced Volkswagen Atlas will range from $30,000 up to almost $50,000. read full story
- Volkswagen ID Buzz Concept Debuts as Microbus of the Future The German automaker has reimagined the hippy van as a futuristic EV. read full story