1. Volkswagens upcoming three row SUV will be officially named the Atlas.
2. The Atlas will be built in Chattanooga, TN and will be based on VW’s MQB modular platform
3. Expect a 3.6-liter V6 engine to be offered, making 280 horsepower, or a 2.0-liter turbochaged four-cylinder to power the Atlas, which would make about 238 hp.
4. Measuring at about 5 meters long, the Atlas will feature seating for seven, all-wheel-drive and lots of cargo space.
This article originally appeared on VWvortex.com
New Car Finder
View all Volkswagen News Recent 2018 Volkswagen Atlas News
- Volkswagen Teases Details of its Upcoming Compact Crossover The Volkswagen T-Roc will make its official debut next week. read full story
- VW Teases T-Roc Compact Crossover with New Design Sketch It will debut on August 23rd. read full story
- Volkswagen’s Newest SUV Gets an IIHS Top Safety Pick Award Poor headlights prevented the new Volkswagen Atlas from qualifying for a Top Safety Pick+ award. read full story
- Volkswagen T-Roc Small Crossover to Debut on August 23rd Volkswagen is expanding its crossover and SUV lineup. read full story
- Volkswagen I.D. Buzz Reportedly Heading to Production Volkswagen brand boss, Herbert Diess has said that VW will build a production car based on the I.D. Buzz concept. read full story
- Volkswagen Teases its Next All-Electric Concept The Volkswagen I.D. crossover concept will make its debut at the 2017 Shanghai Motor Show. read full story
- Volkswagen Atlas, Tiguan Get Segment-Best Warranty The Atlas will be sold with a 72,000-mile/six-year, transferable warranty. read full story
- 2018 Volkswagen Atlas Pricing Released for 5 Trim Levels Volkswagen of America has revealed full pricing details about the new 2018 Atlas. read full story
- VW Group to Debut Concept for Tesla Model X Competitor VW Group's Skoda will be revealing its first electric and autonomous vehicle next month. read full story
- Volkswagen Has Solved the Age-Old Burning Butt Problem This might be the most over-engineered solution ever. read full story