- Available engines for the all-new Silverado include heavily updated versions of the 5.3-liter and 6.2-liter Small Block, along with an all-new 3.0-liter inline-six Duramax diesel engine. The diesel and the 6.2 will be available with GM’s new Hydramatic 10-speed automatic transmission, while the 5.3 will come with the eight-speed.
- The significant 450 lbs in weight savings come thanks to the use of aluminum in the hood, doors and rear liftgate. The vehicle’s ‘safety cage’ also uses seven different grades of steel to offer a good mix of lightness and strength. Furthermore, the front upper control arms are made of aluminum, while the rear springs are made of a new carbon-composite material, which shaves more pounds from the pickup.
- By reducing the amount of wasted space between the inside and outside walls of the bed, Chevy was able to add 20 percent of cargo space to the bed for a total of 63 cubic feet of volume. There are also 12 tie-down points with a max force rating of 500 lbs, along with bed task lighting, a rear 120-volt outlet, and larger cutouts for the CornerStep bumpers.
- With designers moving the front wheels forward, Chevy was able to free-up room in the cabin. The rear seats now boast an additional 3-inches of legroom, and there’s even available 10-liter storage bins integrated into the rear seats. A 24-liter storage tray beneath the second-row seats offers further storage solutions. Like other GM products, there’s also 4G LTE Wi-Fi connectivity, Apple Car Play, Android Auto, wireless phone charging and OnStar.
New Car Finder
View all Chevrolet News Recent 2019 Chevrolet Silverado News
- Power Numbers Revealed for GM’s Duramax Diesel Pricing hasn't been announced yet. read full story
- Chevrolet Silverado Voted as AutoGuide.com 2019 Reader’s Choice Truck of the Year The Silverado got more votes than the Ram 1500 and GMC Sierra. read full story
- Diesel Engine Braking: What is it and How Does it Work? They help slow your pickup without cooking the brakes. But how do they work? read full story
- 2019 Silverado Four Cylinder Fuel Economy Rated at 21 MPG 20 MPG city, 23 MPG highway. read full story
- Top 10 Cars With the Lowest 5-Year Depreciation Everything is AWD or 4WD. read full story
- Chevrolet Silverado RST Off-Road and RST Sport Concepts Debut All the ways you can customize the 2019 Silverado. read full story
- Americans Love Naming Their Trucks ‘Betsy’ 38 percent of pickup drivers think it makes them more attractive. read full story
- Apocalypse Ready: Hennessey Goliath 6X6 Where's the GMC version? read full story
- 2019 Chevy Silverado is the Biggest Project GM Has Ever Done Trucks are major profit-generating engines for automakers, so there's a lot at stake. read full story
- What Makes the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Drive so Well? How did GM engineers deliver such refinement without sacrificing durability or capability? read full story