1. Hyundai dropped this interesting crossover-based truck concept at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show.
2. Called the Santa Cruz, this truck sports a 2.0-liter diesel engine that makes 190 hp and 300 lb-ft of torque.
3. It also features the HTRAC all-wheel drive system and promises to earn 30 mpg on the highway.
4. The Santa Cruz Concept has a bed extender that allows the entire bed to be stretched out, giving the truck roughly the same size bed as a midsize pickup when pulled out.
5. Hyundai says it designed this concept to go after the CUV and sedan customer so towing and payload were not priorities during design.
6. Hyundai executives confirmed that the Santa Cruz will go into production, likely arriving in 2018 as a 2019 model.
Check out what other people are saying in the Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum
Get the Flash Player to see this player.
GALLERY: Hyundai Santa Cruz Live Photos
GALLERY: Hyundai Santa Cruz Official Photos
Discuss this story at our Hyundai Forum