Built to celebrate the tremendous success Corvette has had in racing over the past decade, General Motors has announced the launch of the GT1 Championship Edition.
The GT1 Championship Edition Corvette will come with racing inspired graphics, including driver flags and the series championships. The car is available in either black or Velocity Yellow, with black headlamps.
The body of the car will be painted in the ZR1 style with a spoiler and chrome wheels (yuck… really?).
Inside the interior will be swathes in ebony leather with yellow stitching and will feature GT1 embroidery on the seats, instrument panel and center console armrest..
Under the hood, the engine cover will have a special carbon look with yellow Corvette lettering.
The GT1 Championship Edition will be offered as either a coupe, convertible or Z06, with just 100 of each model being made in each color for a total of 600 units.
All models will receive a navigation system and both coupe and convertible will include the Z51 Performance Package and performance exhaust with an optional automatic transmission with paddle shifters.
Pricing is listed as $65,310 for the coupe, $71,815 for the convertible and $86,385 for the Z06. The GT1 Championship Edition Corvette will go on sale in the Spring.
The GT1 Championship Edition Corvette was create in homage to the successes of the C6.R racing Corvettes which took the ALMS GT1 Manufacturers Championship for 8 years, claimed over 70 victories in the series and won the 24 Hours of Le Mans 5 times.
2009 will make the last year for the C6.R in racing.
Corvette GT1 Championship Edition:
Official release after the jump:
2009 Corvette GT1 Championship Editions (RPO GT1)
Chevrolet and Corvette Racing introduce a new limited edition
The GT1 Championship Editions Celebrates Corvette C6.R Racing Success
* American Le Mans Series GT1 Manufacturers Champions for 8 years * 5 time 24 Hours of Le Mans GT1 Champions * Over 70 victories in ALMS racing * 2009 24 Hours of Le Mans race will close out this successful era
Included in the package:
* C6.R livery inspired graphics feature Corvette Racing ‘Jake’, Championships, and driver flags * ZR1 style body color full width spoiler and chrome wheels * Custom Leather Wrapped Ebony Interior with exclusive Yellow accent stitching * GT1 embroidery on the leather seats, instrument panel, and center console armrest
-Special Engine Cover with carbon pattern and yellow Corvette lettering
-Windshield banner – owner installed
Available in either Coupe 4LT ($65,310), Convertible 4LT ($71,815), and Z06 3LZ ($86,385)
– Available in 45U Velocity Yellow (with black headlamps) or 41U Black
* Specific VIN sequence 300001 series for 45U Velocity Yellow representing the #3 C6.R * Specific VIN sequence 400001 series for 41U Black representing the #4 C6.R * Limited production to 100 per each color and body style combination and 600 total in Spring ’09 * Coupe and Convertible versions also include: Z51 Performance Package, NPP Performance Exhaust
* Optional MX0 6-speed Paddle Shift Automatic on Coupe and Convertible * Optional C2L dual roof package on Coupe * Optional U3U Navigation System on all