Get the Flash Player to see this player.
At the Shanghai Auto Show Jaguar teased the press with a short video (above) of the upcoming XJ flagship model, which will officially debut in July.
While the video certainly doesn’t show much, Jaguar Managing Director Mike O’Driscoll did have some interesting news to report. The 2010 XJ will be significantly lighter than past models due to a new all-aluminum chassis.
Jaguar’s entire lineup of engines will also be offered including the 510hp supercharged 5.0-liter V8 and the economical diesel V6. Both a standard and long wheelbase model will be offered.
As for design highlights, O’Driscoll did say that the car will come with a panoramic glass roof, however, he did not comment on the XF-inspired styling that he spoke of previously.
For more information visit:
Official release after the jump:
THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS… FIRST SIGHT OF JAGUAR’S ALL-NEW XJ
An all-new Jaguar XJ will make its public debut this July – and today saw the preview and release of first information on this breathtaking new Jaguar.
Speaking at Auto Shanghai 2009, Jaguar Cars Managing Director, Mike O’Driscoll confirmed that:
- The all-new XJ will go on sale at the end of 2009 – but will officially be revealed on July 9th in London.
- The all-new XJ is the first car to feature the next-generation of Jaguar’s aerospace-inspired aluminium body architecture.
- All of Jaguar’s new ultra-efficient Gen III petrol and diesel engines will be available in the new XJ, including the already acclaimed V6 diesel and 510 bhp supercharged V8.
- There will be a choice of standard- or long wheelbase models.
- The all-new XJ will introduce the highest standards of personal luxury and specification, including a panoramic glass roof.
Full details of the all-new XJ including prices will be revealed on July 9th and orders for delivery in early 2010 will be taken from this time.
Dependent on market, the all-new XJ will be in dealerships from the end of this year. To register interest ahead of that time, customers should access www.jaguar.com/allnewxj.
Be the first to write a comment.