Earlier this year at the Geneva Auto Show, Ferrari unveiled the HGTE version of the 599 GTB, a more track oriented version of the Italian exotic car makers flagship. This of course means that anyone owning a regular 599 might a well be driving a 575 (the car’s predecessor, for those not up to date on their Ferrari models); how embarrassing.
Normally Ferrari would just make you buy the new model, but now the company is offering the HGTE setup as a Ferrari Genuine Accessories package. The package includes almost all of the HGTE goodies, although so far it’s only available in the U.K.
Models from 2008 or newer can be equipped with the complete Handling, Performance, Exhaust and Aesthetic kits at a price of £19,703 ($32,000). The Handling package includes a 10mm lower suspension with springs that are 17 percent stiffer up front and 15 percent stiffer in the rear, new settings for the magnetorheological shocks in the Sport and Race programs on the Manettino, larger anti-roll bars, lighter 3-piece forged aluminum wheels and stickier tires. The Exhaust and Performance packages are comprised of new mufflers and new ECU programming with better throttle response and faster shift times (just 85ms). As for the aesthetics, they include a new front grille with a special chrome treatment and a brushed finish for the Prancing Horse symbols.
Models from before 2008 can opt for just the Handling, Exhaust and Aesthetic kits at a price of £17,213 ($28,000), and the performance upgrades are also not available for vehicles with manual transmissions.
GALLERY: Ferrari 599 HGTE
Official release after the jump:
FERRARI 599 GTB FIORANO – HANDLING GTE PACKAGE NOW AVAILABLE AS A FERRARI GENUINE PARTS ACCESSORY PACKAGE. IMAGES AND VIDEO ALSO AVAILABLE
The recently-launched Handling GTE option for the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano is now also available as a Ferrari Genuine Accessories package for dealer fitment, with two options available according to the customer’s specific requirements and age of vehicle.
The options are:
Model Year Ferrari Genuine Accessories available Fitted price (from) *
Pre-2008: Handling, Exhaust and Aesthetic kits £17,213
Post-2008: Handling, Performance, Exhaust and Aesthetic kits £19,703
* Final price will depend on specific kits required and model year of car. All prices are excluding VAT.
The full specification of each kit is detailed below:
1) Handling, includes:
* Lower suspension (10mm) * New magnetorheologically controlled suspension calibration for the Manettino SPORT and RACE configurations * More rigid suspension springs (front + 17%, rear + 15%) * More rigid rear anti-roll bars (diameter increased to 25mm) * HGTE specific tyres with improved compound (8% more grip) * 3-piece modular rims with reduced weight (forged spokes) and special new design
2) Performance (only available for post-2008 cars, from engine no. 122779), includes:
* New exhausts silencers with two-tone finish tailpipes * Enhanced F1 gearshift actuation, with response times reduced to 85ms * New accelerator logic with modified mapping for improved throttle response
N.B. The Performance kit cannot be installed on cars with manual gearboxes.
3) Exhaust, includes:
* New exhausts silencers with two-tone finish tailpipes
The Exhaust kit is designed for:
* vehicles that cannot receive the software updates listed in the Performance kit since the engine was produced before assembly number 122779 (pre-2008) * all cars with manual gearboxes * clients who are only interested in modifying the styling and sound of their own cars
N.B. The Exhaust kit is included in the Performance kit, for cars post-2008.
4) Aesthetic, includes:
* New design front grille with a special chromatic treatment * Burnished finish to Prancing Horse symbols on the front grill and rear boot lid