2013 Dodge Challenger gets two Heritage Color Options

Capitalizing on what is arguably a dwindling market segment, Dodge will offer the 2013 Challenger with two heritage colors: Plum Crazy (purple) and HEMI orange.

The Challenger is probably the truest muscle car in the classic sense of the term, and SRT CEO Ralph Gilles acknowledged that the buyer base for the Challenger is generally older than the Mustang and Camaro during a conversation on the sidelines of the Chicago Auto Show.

One of the brand’s new “core” performance models wore the Plum Crazy paint and Gilles said, the choice to offer both colors came directly from enthusiast demand.

Plum Crazy is available for order immediately and HEMI orange will be available in May, only for the HEMI powered models. Expect to pay a premium for the paint color, though. The base model mornally starts at $29,995 before delivery, but it will cost $33,995 dressed in Plum Crazy.

Discuss this story at ChallengerTalk.com

John says:

NOW JUST GET IT BARE BONE STOCK. NO  AC, NO PW, PL CRUISE, TILT. The lighter the better. a couple of MOPAR ADD ON’S  FORCED COLD AIR INDUCTION , A different power chip. cat- back exhaust. the 70’s all over again. aside from the $ 80,000 — price tag

Danielf99645 says:

Wow where did you come up them prices?
$ 44000,00 for an SRT 8 Challenger is the going price in Idaho

LivinInDC says:

I LOVE this car but the inability to mod the engine made me walk away.  I ended up getting a Mustang GT and I had the dealer install a Roush SC.  After getting it tuned I now make 600HP AT THE WHEEL.  Besides that, my price out the door was still less than the SRT8 Challenger!

I love my current car… but Ohhhhhhhh Challenger what could have been!

Bloody Frog says:

Yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plum is back !

Tim says:

You can mod the car… I’m a ford guy, but I love this car.  Had a  2009.  You can hotrod this thing, add superchargers, cams, and what not.  Custom tune etc. Especially since Dodge has provided the ability to decrypt the entire ECU. so it’s all good.

Raybeall1000 says:

when are they coming out with a convertible?

Gary Straube says: