Consumer Reports has released its Top Picks list for 2015 outlining some of the best cars you should buy.
When choosing its Top Picks, Consumer Reports factors in reliability data, safety performance in both government and industry crash tests as well as thousands of miles of road test time. This year’s top picks list features the most U.S. automakers since 1998, while Subaru also has a very strong showing.
And returning this year as the outlets best overall new car is the Tesla Model S.
The Top Picks are:
- Top Sports Sedan – Buick Regal
- Top Large Car – Chevy Impala V6
- Top Midsize sedan – Subaru Legacy
- Top Compact Car – Subaru Impreza
- Top Compact SUV – Subaru Forester
- Top Midsized SUV – Toyota Highlander
- Top Minivan – Honda Odyssey
- Top Luxury Car – Audi A6
- Top Green Car – Toyota Prius
- Top Overall Car – Tesla Model S
To be named a top pick, a vehicle must rank at or near the top of its segment in CR’s road-test scores, it must have average or better predicted reliability based on problems reported by subscribers and it must “perform effectively” in government or insurance crash tests.