There’s a long list of reasons to own a good pressure washer. For us car fans, a pressure washer means more effective, efficient car washing – akin to having a coin-operated car wash stall at home. For homeowners, pressure washers offer even more utility, from power-cleaning decks, driveways, and siding, to spraying out gutters and scrubbing down grills.
But no matter what you use your pressure washer for, it’s only as good as the spray gun attached to it. Using a high-performance pressure washer with a sub-par gun is sort of like driving a Porsche on worn-down all-season tires: there’s a performance bottleneck there, and it’s holding you back.
The good news is that, much like those worn-out all-seasons, your pressure washer gun can very easily be upgraded to a better, higher-performance unit. For you home auto detailing aficionados, we’ve already looked at the best foam cannons on the market. Now, it’s time to turn our attention to the best pressure washer guns. The two go hand-in-hand; most – if not all – of the guns on this list ought to be compatible with the majority of foam cannons on the market. But if you’re ever going to maximize your car detailing capabilities at home, both the foam cannon and pressure washer gun have to be of a particular quality, and in tip-top shape.
With that, here are our picks for the best pressure washer guns on the market.
Table of contents
- 1. Editor’s Pick: Generac 3000 psi Pressure Washer Gun Kit
- 2. Budget Pick: McKillans Pressure Washer Gun Replacement
- 3. Best Premium Gun: The Clean Garage Mosmatic High Pressure Sprayer Gun
- 4. Outstanding Performance: MTM Hydro SGS35
- 5. Long Reach: Erie Tools 5000 PSI Pressure Washer Gun and 48 in. Wand
- 6. Spray Pattern Flexibility: YAMATIC Flex Pressure Washer Gun
- 7. OEM Option: Briggs & Stratton 704311 Pressure Washer Gun
1. Editor’s Pick: Generac 3000 psi Pressure Washer Gun Kit
When you think of Generac, you probably think of home backup generators; the company makes some of the best, most reliable units out there. But generators aren’t all that Generac does, and this 3,000 psi pressure washer gun shows that the company has more than one trick up its sleeve. Compatible with most major power washer brands, this gun ships with an 18-inch chrome-plated wand for those hard-to-reach spots, and a durable 25-foot hose rated for up to 3000 psi – not that you’ll ever want to clean your car with that much pressure. The wand has a variable tip that graduates from a 0- to 60-degree spraying angle so you can dial-in the spray area just how you want it without having to change tips.
Just as important, this Generac 3000 psi Pressure Washer Gun Kit is affordable – more affordable than you might expect with such a big name behind it. All of that adds up to one of the best pressure washer gun values out there, and our overall top pick.
- M22 hose fitting
- 18-inch wand, chrome-plated for durability and corrosion-resistance
- Variable spray-angle nozzle
- 25-foot PVC hose rated to 3000 psi
- Compatible with most major pressure washer brands
2. Budget Pick: McKillans Pressure Washer Gun Replacement
Simple, no-frills, hard-wearing – sometimes that’s all you need, and that’s just what you get with this McKillans pressure washer gun. This is our top budget pick partly because it’s so inexpensive that you can buy two and keep one as a backup for the same price as many other guns on the market, and partly because, well, it’s good. McKillans offers two different models of this gun – one with a 3/8” coupler and a swivel, and one with an M22 fitting – but whichever one you go for, you get a compact, snub-nose pressure washer gun with a lightweight pull trigger, corrosion- and leak-resistant stainless steel and brass fittings, and foam cannon compatibility.
“Budget” doesn’t have to mean “cheap,” which is something that this McKillans pressure washer gun perfectly demonstrates. Don’t believe us? Check out the overwhelmingly positive customer reviews.
- Stainless steel and brass fittings, 3/8” or M22
- Maneuverable snub-nose design
- Integrated swivel (3/8” model)
- Foam cannon compatibility
- Max. operating conditions: 3000 psi, 2.6 gpm
3. Best Premium Gun: The Clean Garage Mosmatic High Pressure Sprayer Gun
Whether you have aspirations of being a professional auto detailer, or it’s just your life’s mission to use all the same stuff a pro might use, this pressure washer gun from The Clean Garage is the genuine article. The gun is actually manufactured by the high-pressure cleaning supply experts at Mosmatic; The Clean Garage simply installs a 3/8” stainless steel plug on the inlet and a 1/4” stainless coupler on the outlet to make it more convenient for home use. Is it expensive? Sure, but for the money, you’re getting one of the most quality-built, hard-working pressure washer guns money can buy, with Mosmatic’s excellent reputation behind it.
You’re also getting a gun with a convenient stainless steel swivel, capable of operating at pressures as high as 5,000 psi – far in excess of what most home pressure washers can even supply. Using the gun for simple car wash duty, it will probably take years and years before you ever need to replace it.
- Top-quality Mosmatic pressure washer gun
- Integrated stainless steel swivel
- 3/8” stainless hose fitting, 1/4” stainless outlet coupler
- Max. operating conditions: 5000 psi, 300 degrees F
4. Outstanding Performance: MTM Hydro SGS35
The same SGS28 pressure washer gun that comes with the MTM Hydro Foam Cannon Kit listed above can be purchased separately, and it would handily earn a spot on our list of the best pressure washer guns if MTM didn’t offer something even better: the Acqualine SGS35. Think of this as the Cadillac of pressure washer guns, with a sky-high 5,000 psi max. pressure rating, AISI 316 stainless steel construction, and shockproof reinforcement ribbing throughout the entire housing to both support the pipe and protect your hand from vibrations so you can keep cleaning longer. On that front, it also boasts MTM’s Easy Hold tech, which eases the burden of having to hold the trigger down for the duration of your spray.
Couple all that with an integrated stainless steel swivel, a stainless plug and coupler with sealed threads, and MTM Hydro’s superb Italian build quality, and you have one of the best consumer pressure washer guns available today, bar none.
- AISI 316 stainless steel construction, shockproof reinforcement ribbing
- Integrated stainless steel swivel
- 3/8” hose fitting
- Easy Hold trigger
- Max. operating conditions: 5000 psi, 12 gpm, 320 degrees F
5. Long Reach: Erie Tools 5000 PSI Pressure Washer Gun and 48 in. Wand
There’s money to be saved when you purchase your pressure washer gun and wand at the same time, and this Erie Tools gun and wand bundle is one of the best values we’ve seen anywhere – with the absolute longest reach, to boot. This bundle includes a 48-inch wand, which is enough to reach every nook, cranny, and crevasse on your car’s underbelly, and to make blasting the roof easier than it’s ever been. But beyond that, it also includes a high-performance pressure washer gun at a supremely reasonable price, with corrosion-proof brass internals and a max. pressure rating of 5,000 psi and up to 8 gpm of flow.
In short, the Erie Tools 5000 psi pressure washer gun with 48-inch wand exists at the intersection of price, performance, and flexibility – a perfect union if there ever was one.
- 3/8” hose fitting
- Corrosion-proof brass gun internals
- Long-reach 48-inch wand
- Max. operating conditions: 5000 psi, 8 gpm, 300 degrees F
6. Spray Pattern Flexibility: YAMATIC Flex Pressure Washer Gun
If you’re looking for a gun, wand, and interchangeable tips that can tailor your pressure washer spray pattern to suit your needs all in one reasonably-priced package, this is it: the YAMATIC Flex Pressure Washer Gun. This package actually includes a pair of wands, a straight 18-inch one, plus an angled 17-inch wand that helps target hard-to-reach areas, such as around car wheels and underneath the chassis. The five included spray nozzles help deliver even more flexibility. Each one is color-coded for convenience, with 0, 15, 25, and 40-degree nozzles all present, along with one designed specifically for soap.
As for the gun itself, the specs leave scarcely anything to be desired, as it’s rated for up to 5,000 psi of pressure and an incredible 10.5 gpm of flow, with a max. temperature of 210 degrees Fahrenheit. Want to buy a single kit that can do it all? This is the answer.
- M22 and 3/8” hose fittings
- Two wands: one 18” straight, one 17” “flex” angled
- Five nozzle tips: 0, 15, 25, and 40-degree spray patterns, and one soap
- Max. operating conditions of 5000 psi, 10.5 gpm, 210 degrees F
7. OEM Option: Briggs & Stratton 704311 Pressure Washer Gun
There’s something to be said for sticking with OEM components, and if it’s a Briggs & Stratton pressure washer you’re using, this Briggs & Stratton pressure washer gun might just be your first choice. That said, you should be able to use this gun on most any consumer pressure washer, assuming you’re able to adapt it, and with it, you get the premium build quality and strict OEM testing that’s made Briggs & Stratton such a gargantuan household name.
Featuring stainless steel and brass construction, with an M22 connection and a max. pressure rating of 4,000 psi, this gun is built to withstand the rigors of regular prosumer and professional use.
- OEM replacement part for a number of Briggs & Stratton models
- Stainless steel and brass construction
- M22 hose fitting
- Max. operating pressure of 4000 psi
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.
Main photo credit: REDPIXEL.PL / Shutterstock.com