Autoplex Extended Services is a company based in Saint Charles, Missouri that sells extended warranties to customers in the US. In this review, we examine Autoplex’s quotes and claims processes, cost, coverage, and more.
Our review team compiled a list of the best extended car warranty companies, and Autoplex Extended Services did not make the cut due to its relatively poor industry standing and customer service. You can get a free quote from each of our top providers using the tool below.
To learn more about our editorial integrity policy and how we make money through affiliate partnerships, read our full disclosure here.
Table of contents
Autoplex Extended Services Highlights
Autoplex Extended Auto Warranty Coverage
Autoplex Extended Services offers three different coverage plans: Diamond, Platinum, and Gold. There are no sample contracts available online, but Autoplex does a nice job of describing each plan in detail.
- Diamond plan: This is the most comprehensive plan you can get from Autoplex Extended Services. It covers most components with a few exclusions like the oil pump and torque converter, as well as routine maintenance and wear-and-tear items.
- Platinum plan: Autoplex’s Platinum plan is a notch below the Diamond plan but still includes a great deal of coverage. This plan covers your vehicle’s powertrain, electrical system, air conditioning and heating, suspension, high-tech electronics, seals and gaskets, and more.
- Gold plan: This plan covers your vehicle’s powertrain, air conditioning and heating, cooling system, seals and gaskets, and more. An important point to note about the Gold plan is that it comes with a $10,000 cap.
Autoplex Plan Benefits
Autoplex Extended Services offers a fairly standard set of benefits that include towing, 24-hour roadside assistance, rental cars, and trip interruption services.
Autoplex Extended Services Cost
The cost of an Autoplex Extended Services warranty is dependent on your vehicle’s mileage and age. Autoplex offers deductible options of $0, $50, and $100. The price of your deductible is typically determined by your monthly premium. In general, the higher the monthly cost you pay, the lower your deductible will be.
Quotes and Claims Processes
We called Autoplex Extended Services to get a quote for a 2013 Dodge Caravan. The customer representative who picked up informed us that we should use the online tool instead. The tool was easy to find on Autoplex’s website, but it only allowed us to enter vehicle models up to the year 2010. This tells us that the website is outdated and virtually inaccessible to drivers with newer vehicles.
The claims process with Autoplex Extended Services is easier to navigate. Autoplex pays repair facilities directly rather than reimbursing plan holders that have to pay out of pocket. The claims process is as follows:
- Your vehicle will be towed (by Autoplex) to the licensed repair facility of your choice.
- You give your contract to the service manager, who will call Autoplex’s claims department.
- The claims department pays for the repairs once it verifies that the problem is covered by your contract.
- You pay your deductible and any non-covered expenses.
Autoplex Extended Services Ratings and Reviews
Autoplex’s reputation is relatively poor. The company holds a 1.0-star average customer review rating on the Better Business Bureau (BBB), Google reviews, and Yelp. However, all three websites have a very small number of reviews, so these average ratings should be taken with a grain of salt.
“This is one company I would never recommend anyone doing business with. My daughter was manipulated into a contract for her car.”
-Maelyn R. via BBB
“[Autoplex’s representative] was extremely rude, and when I asked questions about calling back, I was told I had to make a decision by the end of the call.”
-James via Google
Autoplex Extended Services: 2.4 Stars
Overall, we don’t recommend Autoplex Extended Services due to its faulty quotes process and poor reputation. The company’s coverage plans are strong, but the negative aspects of this company outweigh the positive.
Top Recommendations for Extended Car Warranties
Whenever you shop for extended car warranties, it is a smart idea to get multiple quotes. By doing this, you can compare coverage, cost, and benefits against each other. To help you in your search, here are two of our top recommended providers.
Endurance: 4.6 Stars
The only top extended warranty company to be included in the 2019 Inc. 5000, Endurance received a rating of 4.6 out of 5.0-stars from our review team for its impressive coverage and benefits.
Endurance’s Elite Benefits providers drivers with two tire repairs or replacements per year, key fob replacements, 24/7 roadside assistance, and more. The Elite Benefits are included free for your first year, and our team found that the continuation cost is relatively inexpensive. Endurance’s six coverage plans are also excellent, and the company offers coverage to vehicles with up to 200,000+ miles.
Get a free, personalized quote from Endurance below. You can also learn more in our comprehensive Endurance warranty review.
Endurance is our pick for best direct provider with its comprehensive coverage options.
#2 CarShield: 4.2 Stars
One of the most popular extended warranty providers, CarShield has covered over one million vehicles, and its administrators have paid over $1 billion in claims since the company’s inception in 2005.
CarShield has received thousands of customer reviews online, and many of them are positive. The company holds a “Great” rating based on over 23,000 Trustpilot reviews. We named CarShield the Best Value because our research found that it has the lowest average monthly cost. In addition to its affordable price, CarShield is relatively unique in its ability to cover motorcycles and ATVs.
Get a free quote from CarShield below, and learn more in our full CarShield review.
Our review team prides itself on sharing accurate and unbiased information with consumers. We have accumulated data from dozens of extended auto warranty companies to formulate our rankings of the industry’s best providers. Companies receive a score out of 5.0 overall, as well as a rating in each of the following categories:
- Price: Comparing providers can be difficult due to the many factors that influence cost. To determine this score, we employ a secret shopper analysis using different vehicles, mileages, warranty plans, and locations.
- Coverage: A wide variety of coverage is essential to support the differing needs of customers. We take into account the number of extended car warranty plans available, term limits, exclusions, and additional benefits.
- Customer Service: The level of customer service and care provided by an extended warranty company is an important consideration. Our review team sifts through customer reviews and complaints from reputable sources such as the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and Trustpilot. We also consider the responsiveness of each company’s customer service team based on our secret shopper analysis.
- Reputation: Good extended warranty providers consistently provide quality experiences. Our team takes into account BBB ratings and the company’s history of reliable service when giving this score.
- Transparency: Customers value a commitment to open and honest communication when it comes to vehicle service contracts. Our team of experts takes into account the availability of money-back guarantees and sample contracts.