NVP Warranty coverage provides protection against the cost of repairs after a mechanical breakdown. Could a vehicle service contract from NVP Warranty help you unlock peace of mind on the road?
In this review, we’ll dive into NVP Warranty’s coverage options, plan costs, customer reviews, and more. We’ll also recommend a few of the industry’s best extended auto warranty providers to consider if you find NVP Warranty is not right for you.
As with any major purchase, it’s good practice to shop around and compare prices from multiple companies before deciding on extended car warranty coverage. You can start getting quotes from our top recommended providers below.
To learn more about our editorial integrity policy and how we make money through affiliate partnerships, read our full disclosure here.
Table of contents
NVP Warranty Highlights
NVP Warranty was founded in 2012 by dealership owners and specializes in coverage for luxury vehicles. NVP Warranty has a positive industry reputation with an A rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB), but customer reviews are not as favorable.
Here’s an overview of how we rate NVP Warranty:
As you can see, NVP Warranty’s scores are about average across the board, There’s not much to recommend NVP Warranty on, so we ultimately suggest considering other providers for your extended warranty coverage. Read on to learn more about the facts that informed our NVP ratings and a couple of alternative providers to consider.
NVP Warranty Coverage Details
NVP Warranty offers six coverage levels that range from basic powertrain coverage to a comprehensive bumper-to-bumper warranty. The company’s plans can last up to 225,000 miles and are sold exclusively through car dealerships.
|Powertrain||3 Star||4 Star||5 Star||Exclusionary||Wrap|
|Seals and Gaskets||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Fluid and Filters||✓||✓||✓|
The contract for the NVP Exclusionary warranty will list only the parts that aren’t covered rather than the parts that are covered.
To qualify for Wrap coverage from NVP Warranty, your vehicle must still be covered under its factory powertrain warranty. Wrap coverage acts as a bumper-to-bumper warranty that fills in your powertrain warranty’s coverage gaps.
NVP Warranty Benefits
Notably, the Powertrain plan does not come with benefits. Here is a breakdown of the benefits that come with the rest of NVP Warranty’s plans:
- 3 Star: Roadside assistance and rental car reimbursement
- 4 Star: Roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, and coverage for diagnostic fees
- 5 Star and Exclusionary: Roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, coverage for diagnostic fees, and trip interruption coverage
Many of the industry’s leading warranty companies include roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, and trip interruption coverage with all plans.
NVP Warranty Cost
NVP Warranty does not share cost information on its website. When our research team reached out for a quote, we were informed that cost information could only be given to customers through participating dealerships.
Our research shows that third-party warranty costs range from about $350 to $1,500 per year of coverage. The cost of your NVP Warranty plan will depend on multiple factors, including:
- The provider you choose
- Your vehicle’s make, model, year, and number of miles on the odometer
- Your location
- The deductible you choose
Quotes and Claims Processes
To get a quote for NVP Warranty coverage, we recommend calling your local car dealership to see if it sells the company’s plans. Unfortunately, the provider does not have a list of dealers on its site. However, it does show that it partners with Kia, Mazda, Volkswagen, and Nissan, so you may have luck finding a contract if you reach out to one of these brands’ dealerships.
After a breakdown, when you need to file an NVP claim, you can bring your vehicle to any repair facility in the US or Canada that’s certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE®). It’s a good idea to bring a copy of your contract with you so you can give your mechanic NVP’s number. Your mechanic will call the provider, and NVP will send out a claims adjuster to help guide you through the claims process.
NVP Warranty Reviews and Ratings
The BBB has given NVP Warranty an A rating, which indicates that it uses sound business practices and handles customer complaints to the satisfaction of the customer. However, customers themselves give the provider varied reviews. The company currently shows a 2.2-star customer rating on its BBB page, but it has a 4.4-star Google reviews rating.
A mix of positive and negative reviews is to be expected for any car warranty company. Positive customer reviews about NVP Warranty touch on the following subjects:
- Courteous customer service representatives
- Positive relationships between dealers
- Affordable prices and easy transactions
Unhappy customers leave more negative reviews that shed light on the following:
- Misleading coverage
- Rude claims staff
- Slow claims process
NVP Extended Warranty: 3.2 Stars
Overall, NVP Warranty provides comprehensive coverage options, high coverage limits, and good coverage for luxury vehicles. But unlike most providers’ warranties, not all NVP plans come with benefits like roadside assistance and trip interruption.
Depending on the price of your contract, an NVP Warranty may not be a bad option for many drivers. However, if you’re looking to purchase a third-party warranty directly from a provider rather than work through a dealership middleman, read on for our recommendations on top independent providers.
Top Recommendations for Extended Car Warranties
If an NVP warranty is not the right choice for you, we recommend looking into two of our top-rated providers: Endurance and CarShield. These two companies scored highly in our 2020 auto warranty industry review and offer comprehensive coverage at competitive prices.
Endurance: Best Coverage
In our industry-wide review, we determined that Endurance provides the best extended warranty coverage in the business. It has earned positive ratings from experts and customers alike.
The company offers five distinct plans and the most added benefits of any leading provider. All plans come with a year of free enrollment in the Endurance Elite Benefits program, which gives customers perks like:
- 24/7 roadside assistance
- Key fob replacements
- Total loss protection
- Tire repairs or replacements
- Collision discount
- Endurance mobile app
To learn more, check out our Endurance warranty review. You can also get a free, personalized Endurance quote by clicking below.
Endurance is our pick for best coverage with its comprehensive warranty options.
CarShield: Best Value
CarShield is one of our top picks because it offers budget-friendly warranties without sacrificing quality of coverage. CarShield has six plans: five extended warranties for cars, trucks, and SUVs, and a plan for motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles.
Benefits that come with all CarShield warranties include:
- 24/7 roadside assistance
- Rental car reimbursement
- Trip interruption coverage
If you’re interested in CarShield coverage, read our CarShield review to learn more and get a free, no-risk quote below.
Our review team prides itself on sharing accurate and unbiased information with consumers. We have accumulated data from dozens of extended auto warranty companies to formulate our rankings of the industry’s best providers. Companies receive a score out of 5.0 overall, as well as a rating in each of the following categories:
- Price: Comparing providers can be difficult due to the many factors that influence cost. To determine this score, we employ a secret shopper analysis using different vehicles, mileages, warranty plans, and locations.
- Coverage: A wide variety of coverage is essential to support the differing needs of customers. We take into account the number of extended car warranty plans available, term limits, exclusions, and additional benefits.
- Customer Service: The level of customer service and care provided by an extended warranty company is an important consideration. Our review team sifts through customer reviews and complaints from reputable sources such as the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and Trustpilot. We also consider the responsiveness of each company’s customer service team based on our secret shopper analysis.
- Reputation: Good extended warranty providers consistently provide quality experiences. Our team takes into account BBB ratings and the company’s history of reliable service when giving this score.
- Transparency: Customers value a commitment to open and honest communication when it comes to vehicle service contracts. Our team of experts takes into account the availability of money-back guarantees and sample contracts.