The Range Rover is one of the highest-tier sport-utility vehicles on the road today. When the manufacturer-backed warranty expires, many drivers wonder whether they should buy a Range Rover extended warranty to continue to protect their vehicle for years to come.
In this guide, we’ll review your options for protection, including the extended warranty from Land Rover and plans from third-party warranty companies. We’ve analyzed every top warranty provider in the industry and created a guide to the best extended car warranty companies. You can request free quotes from our top choices below.
To learn more about our editorial integrity policy and how we make money through affiliate partnerships, read our full disclosure here.
Table of contents
Range Rover Extended Warranty Overview
There isn’t much information about the Range Rover extended warranty available. Our research shows that the warranty from Land Rover covers mechanical and electrical vehicle components with genuine parts included for all repairs.
Travel protection applies when you’re abroad, and there is an option to include roadside assistance. These benefits are limited compared to other brands.
It is not clear whether Land Rover provides an exclusionary coverage plan, which covers almost all components of your vehicle. For more information on the Range Rover extended warranty, contact your local dealership.
Do You Need a Range Rover Extended Warranty?
When considering a Range Rover extended warranty, consider whether you can afford unexpected repair costs for your vehicle. The primary benefit of an extended warranty is that drivers can pay a relatively small monthly payment instead of paying for repairs out of pocket.
To help you in your decision, here are some of the more expensive repairs that your Range Rover might need, according to RepairPal.
|Range Rover Problem||Average Cost|
|Fuel injector replacement||$2,994 to $3,859|
|Headlamp control module replacement||$1,025 to $1,040|
|Heater hose replacement||$308 to $406|
|Wheel hub assembly replacement||$918 to $959|
Range Rover Reliability
While Range Rovers are known for performance, Land Rover’s reliability is poor. The manufacturer ranked last in J.D. Power’s 2020 US Dependability StudySM. RepairPal also ranked Land Rover 31st out of 32 car brands, citing the manufacturer’s average annual repair cost of $1,174 being much higher than the industry average. In addition, RepairPal reported that 16 percent of all Land Rover repairs are severe compared to just 12 percent among all models.
Range Rover Factory and Certified Pre-Owned Warranties
Before you purchase a Range Rover extended warranty, it is important to know how much (if any) bumper-to-bumper coverage is still available on your factory or certified pre-owned (CPO) warranty. If you still have bumper-to-bumper coverage, you should probably wait until it has almost run out before purchasing an extended warranty. That way, you aren’t paying for double coverage.
|Range Rover Warranty||Bumper-to-Bumper Coverage|
|Range Rover factory warranty||4 years/50,000 miles|
|Range Rover CPO warranty||7 years/100,000 miles|
Benefits of a Third-Party Extended Warranty
Third-party warranty companies typically provide coverage that is more affordable than that of manufacturers. Coverage can also be more extensive because there are more plans offered, however the coverage won’t be specifically designed for Range Rovers. You also likely won’t get genuine Land Rover parts in your repairs. Many drivers like the extra perks of third-party warranties, though, including flexibility in repair facility, high mileage limits, and benefits like roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, and trip interruption coverage.
Final Thoughts on Range Rover’s Warranty
A Range Rover extended warranty can be a good choice for drivers who prefer to pay small, monthly premiums instead of paying for vehicle repair costs out of pocket. There aren’t many details about Land Rover’s warranty online, so you’ll need to contact your local dealership for more information on coverage.
An alternative to the manufacturer warranty is a third-party warranty from one of the industry’s most reputable extended car warranty companies. Get free quotes from a few of our highest-rated picks below.
Our review team prides itself on sharing accurate and unbiased information with consumers. We have accumulated data from dozens of extended auto warranty companies to formulate our rankings of the industry’s best providers. Companies receive a score out of 5.0 overall, as well as a rating in each of the following categories:
- Price: Comparing providers can be difficult due to the many factors that influence cost. To determine this score, we employ a secret shopper analysis using different vehicles, mileages, warranty plans, and locations.
- Coverage: A wide variety of coverage is essential to support the differing needs of customers. We take into account the number of extended car warranty plans available, term limits, exclusions, and additional benefits.
- Customer Service: The level of customer service and care provided by an extended warranty company is an important consideration. Our review team sifts through customer reviews and complaints from reputable sources such as the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and Trustpilot. We also consider the responsiveness of each company’s customer service team based on our secret shopper analysis.
- Reputation: Good extended warranty providers consistently provide quality experiences. Our team takes into account BBB ratings and the company’s history of reliable service when giving this score.
- Transparency: Customers value a commitment to open and honest communication when it comes to vehicle service contracts. Our team of experts takes into account the availability of money-back guarantees and sample contracts.