Are you interested in purchasing an Endurance auto warranty? As a 2019 Inc. 5000 honoree backed by an AM Best A-rated insurance company, Endurance is one of the biggest names in the extended car warranty industry.
In this article, we will review Endurance coverage, cost, and the quotes and claims processes. We’ll also give Endurance a star rating based on our overall evaluation of this company’s extended warranty offerings.
Our review team has examined the best extended auto warranty providers in the nation, and we recognized Endurance for having the Best Coverage among all providers. You can get a free quote for an Endurance auto warranty here:
Table of contents
Based in Northbrook, Illinois, Endurance has been in the extended warranty business since 2006, and the company’s warranties are available in every state except for California.
Endurance is the only company on our list of best extended warranty companies to be named to the 2019 Inc. 5000, a list of the fastest-growing companies in the United States. Endurance grew its revenue by over 280 percent from 2015 to 2018. The auto warranty provider also earned a 2019 Stevie Award as a Great Employer for its “impressive set of employee benefits and activities.”
Beyond recent awards, Endurance holds a notable partnership with Andretti AutoSport, a highly successful auto racing team. The company was the primary sponsor of Jarett Andretti’s McLaren in the Pirelli GT4 America Sprint Class for the 2020 season.
Endurance Extended Car Warranty Coverage
Endurance offers five coverage plans suited to different customers’ needs. You can read a high-level description of the provider’s different coverage levels below. We have also included a table below which shows you exactly what each coverage level protects.
- Supreme: This is Endurance’s bumper-to-bumper exclusionary warranty, covering almost your entire vehicle. Exclusions include light bulbs and/or LED lights, batteries, high-tech items, safety restraint systems, glass, and cosmetic defects on your vehicle.
- Superior: Endurance’s superior plan provides coverage for hundreds of specific components. This plan includes everything that the Supreme plan does except for gaskets.
- Secure Plus: This plan’s major areas of coverage include steering, electrical systems, and brakes with a short waiting period.
- Secure: The most affordable Endurance car warranty focuses solely on the most vital and expensive parts to replace in your vehicle, including the engine, transmission, and turbo/supercharger.
- Select Premier: This plan focuses on protecting a vehicle’s powertrain and is a good choice for high-mileage vehicles.
|Select Premier||Secure||Secure Plus||Superior||Supreme|
Endurance’s Elite Membership is an optional membership program that is offered free to new Endurance customers for one year. The benefits included in the membership are very impressive, and they include:
- Roadside assistance: Roadside assistance is available from Endurance 24 hours a day and seven days a week through the Endurance Protect mobile app.
- Tire repair replacement: Endurance will reimburse you for up to two replaced or repaired tires per year.
- Key fob replacement: Endurance will reimburse you up to $500 for a lost key fob or replace it for you.
- ID theft: Endurance provides a benefit of up to $25,000 that can be used to deal with fraud-related expenses.
- Personal assistant: The Endurance Personal Concierge provides live, human help with everything from reservations to tickets, directions, and emergencies.
- Member rewards: With an Endurance warranty and Endurance Elite Membership, you get $250 in vouchers that can be used for shopping, dining, hotels, and more.
- Endurance Protect app: This mobile application lets you stay connected with the Endurance staff throughout your week.
An Endurance Elite Membership also includes the industry-standard 30-day money back guarantee.
Endurance Auto Warranty Cost
The cost of an Endurance car warranty will depend on a variety of factors, including your vehicle make, model, and mileage, as well as the level of coverage you select and the terms of your coverage. According to Endurance, the average extended car warranty cost ranges from $350 to $700 per year.
In our secret shopper analysis, we reached out to Endurance to ask about coverage for a 2017 Ford Explorer with 45,000 miles and a 2013 Dodge Caravan with 88,000 miles. Here are the Endurance extended warranty quotes we received for the Supreme bumper-to-bumper plan and the Secure powertrain plan.
|Endurance Warranty Plan||Term Length||Monthly Payment||Down Payment||Deductible|
|Ford Explorer||Supreme||3 years/80,000 miles||$166 for 18 months||$178||$100|
|Ford Explorer||Secure||3 years/ 36,000 miles||$156 for 18 months||$168||$100|
|Dodge Caravan||Supreme||3 years/36,000 miles||$156 for 18 months||$150||$100|
|Dodge Caravan||Secure||5 years/100,000 miles||$69 for 36 months||$149||$100|
We think these prices are very competitive for both vehicles, particularly the older vehicle with a lot of miles.
Quotes and Claims Processes
We tested Endurance’s quotes process by calling the company’s phone number. When you reach Endurance, you simply have to enter one number to be directed to the right department. Once we did that, a representative answered the phone immediately.
The representative was very courteous, asking for our team member’s name, vehicle, and mileage. He then gave us Endurance auto warranty quotes for different plans without any pushiness. We really appreciated his courteousness and professionalism.
Endurance’s claims process is also very straightforward. Here are the steps to submit a claim with Endurance:
- Take your vehicle to any licensed repair facility.
- Have the repair facility call Endurance at 877-414-0134 for authorization.
- Review what Endurance will cover with the service manager. This will depend on the plan you have and whether it covers the type of repair you need.
- Pay your deductible.
Endurance Warranty Reviews and Ratings
Endurance has received solid reviews from customers. The warranty company holds an “Excellent” rating on Trustpilot based on over 600 reviews. In addition, the company holds a respectable 3.5-star customer review rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
Here are a few sample positive and negative reviews of Endurance:
“[Endurance was] prompt and assured me my problem would be resolved. Very friendly and courteous.”
-John Laine via Trustpilot
[I] needed a copy of my vehicle warranty. [Endurance] got it done in [two] minutes. No waiting on “hold,” no being transferred from one department to another. One word: efficient.”
-Darren G. via BBB
“Great coverage, [Endurance does] not always pay for dealer parts, but [it is] reliable.”
-Wayne Joseph via Trustpilot
“Not a happy camper in so many words. My motor was damaged by a foreign object. [Endurance] didn’t cover it. I was responsible for fixing it myself.”
-Sharon Hickman via Trustpilot
Endurance Extended Warranty: 5.0 Stars
Endurance received a 5.0-star rating from our review team. The company provides top-notch coverage plans at an affordable cost. On top of that, Endurance’s quotes and claims processes are pain-free and professional. Lastly, Endurance has received great customer reviews online.
We think an Endurance auto warranty is an excellent choice. To see how much you would pay for coverage with Endurance, get a free quote below.
Top Recommendations for Extended Car Warranties
While Endurance is our top-rated extended warranty provider, It’s always a good idea to get quotes from more than one company. By doing this, you can compare pricing and coverage options to determine which provider is right for you and your vehicle.
Here are two other top providers to consider for extended car warranties. We always recommend getting at least three quotes.
CARCHEX: 4.8 Stars
CARCHEX is based in Baltimore, Maryland and has been in business since 2004. Compared to other best extended auto warranty companies, our review team recognized CARCHEX as having the Best Service. This is because CARCHEX has an impeccable reputation in the industry for its positive treatment of its customers and employees.
CARCHEX holds notable partnerships with industry leaders such as CARFAX, Edmunds.com, and Kelley Blue Book. The company has also made the Inc. 5000 eight times in its history, making it a Hall of Fame honoree of the rankings. With CARCHEX, you can get five levels of extended warranty coverage.
CarShield: 4.6 Stars
We recognized CarShield for having the Best Budget Warranty because our research found that CarShield offered the lowest monthly cost among top providers. Selling extended car warranties since 2005, CarShield is one of the most popular extended car warranty companies in the nation and has paid over one billion dollars in claims to customers during its existence.
Drivers that choose CarShield for vehicle service contracts have access to six levels of coverage, including coverage for motorcycles and ATVs.