Gold Standard Automotive Network sells extended car warranties exclusively through dealerships. The company has some unique policies, but does it really set the gold standard for vehicle service contracts?
This article will review everything you need to know about Gold Standard Automotive Network. We’ll explain coverage options, pricing, customer reviews, and more. Plus, we’ll take a look at how the company stacks up against the best extended auto warranty providers.
To get a personalized quote from Gold Standard Automotive Network, you’ll have to contact an affiliated dealership. However, some of the most reputable extended warranty companies offer free quotes without having to go through a dealership.
To learn more about our editorial integrity policy and how we make money through affiliate partnerships, read our full disclosure here.
Table of contents
- Gold Standard Automotive Network Highlights
- What Does Gold Standard Automotive Network Cover?
- How Much Does Gold Standard Automotive Network Cost?
- Quotes and Claims Processes
- Gold Standard Automotive Network Ratings and Reviews
- Gold Standard Automotive Network Extended Warranty: 3.7 Stars
- Top Recommendations for Extended Car Warranties
Gold Standard Automotive Network Highlights
Gold Standard Automotive Network extended warranties are sold exclusively through dealerships. The company has been in business for 14 years and has steadily built a strong customer reputation. All of its policies come with a $0 deductible and cover routine maintenance and inspections.
What Does Gold Standard Automotive Network Cover?
Gold Standard Automotive Network covers mechanical failures and reimbursement for regular maintenance. Contracts have term lengths up to 5 years and are fully transferable. There are four levels of Gold Standard Automotive Network extended warranty plans.
|Electric Fan Motor||✓||✓||✓|
|Anti-Lock Brake Components||✓||✓|
|Rental Car Reimbursement||✓||✓||✓|
All Gold Standard Automotive Network plans come with a $0 deductible. What makes Gold Standard unique is that customers are also reimbursed for maintenance costs. The idea of a Gold Standard Automotive Network plan is to eliminate entirely the unexpected costs of car ownership. Maintenance coverage benefits include:
- Oil filter change: Three per year
- Brake pads: Front and rear replacements, up to $125
- National roadside assistance: 24/7 emergency roadside assistance
- Annual tire rotation: Tire rotation reimbursement
- Auto deductible reimbursement: Up to a $500 reimbursement for auto insurance deductibles
- New battery: Or $90 toward your battery of choice
- Annual alignment check: $20 reimbursement
- Annual engine diagnostic: Free diagnostic scan
- Front wiper blades replacement: Up to an $18 reimbursement
- State safety inspections: Up to an $18 reimbursement
- 30,000-mile service: $20 discount
- 60,000-mile service: $40 discount
- 90,000-mile service: $60 discount
- Cooling system maintenance: Up to $42
- Tire discount: Receive Gold Standard’s FLEET tire pricing at any Pep Boys
While these reimbursements may not cover the entire cost of maintenance, they will certainly put a dent in your service bills.
How Much Does Gold Standard Automotive Network Cost?
In our research, we found customers who reported paying between $2,000 and $3,000 for a Gold Standard Automotive Network extended warranty. These are competitive costs for the industry, especially considering the maintenance benefits that Gold Standard Automotive Network provides.
The cost of an extended auto warranty varies greatly depending on your vehicle make and mileage. As Gold Standard sells exclusively through dealerships, the final price may be subject to negotiation. Keep in mind that the higher the mileage on your vehicle, the more expensive your warranty will be and the less coverage you will be eligible to receive.
Quotes and Claims Processes
If you have any questions about Gold Standard Automotive Network, you can email [email protected] or call 801-963-4653. There is also an online questionnaire you can complete on the company’s website.
To purchase a Gold Standard Automotive Network plan or get a quote, you’ll need to contact a participating dealership. You can contact the provider to find a retailer in your area.
Filing a claim with Gold Standard Automotive Network is similar to the process for any other extended warranty administrator. Bring your vehicle to a certified repair shop, and present the mechanic with your policy information. The mechanic will contact Gold Standard Automotive Network, and assuming your claim is approved, a claims administrator will pay the mechanic directly.
Gold Standard Automotive Network Ratings and Reviews
Gold Standard Automotive Network has a strong online reputation. The company holds an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB). It also has a 4.45-star customer review score based on over 150 customer reviews.
Additionally, only about 30 customers have filed complaints with the BBB in the past three years. For an extended car warranty company, this number is low. Customers who complained cited coverage denial, which is common for any extended warranty company. Every contract has exclusions, and customers don’t always fully understand their policies. In many cases where customer claims were denied, Gold Standard Automotive Network offered to reimburse customers the price of their contract.
Gold Standard Automotive Network Extended Warranty: 3.7 Stars
Gold Standard Automotive Network has a positive reputation and sells reasonable coverage at an average price. The company is unique because, in addition to offering mechanical breakdown protection, its contracts reimburse customers for maintenance costs and inspections.
However, reimbursements are not unlimited and not guaranteed to pay for every unexpected cost your car may incur. Given that policies are sold through dealerships, pricing may fluctuate from market to market.
Top Recommendations for Extended Car Warranties
Gold Standard Automotive Network is a dependable claims servicer, but it isn’t the only reliable extended auto warranty company. It’s always worthwhile to compare quotes across multiple providers in order to find the best deal. Before you commit to any purchase, you should know what competitors are charging. Consider looking into the cost of a warranty from our top two recommended providers: Endurance and CARCHEX.
Endurance: Best Coverage
Endurance is backed by an AM Best A-rated insurance company and is a 2019 Inc. 5000 honoree. We gave Endurance 4.6 stars out of 5.0, which makes it our highest-rated provider.
Endurance offers six levels of coverage, ranging from basic powertrain protection to exclusionary bumper-to-bumper extended warranty plans. In addition to its extensive component coverage, Endurance has some of the best customer benefits on the market, including a one free year of Endurance Elite Benefits. Among perks like roadside assistance and total loss protection, Endurance Elite gives members two tire repairs or replacements per year.
Endurance has a 3.34-star customer review rating with the BBB and an “Excellent” rating on Trustpilot. We consider Endurance a reputable provider with excellent coverage options.
You can find out how much you would pay for an Endurance extended warranty by getting a free quote from the provider.
Endurance is our pick for best direct provider with its comprehensive coverage options.
CARCHEX: Best For Used Cars
CARCHEX is one of the longest-running companies in the extended auto warranty industry. It has been offering vehicle service contracts since 2004 and partners with companies like Edmunds.com, CARFAX, Kelley Blue Book, and RepairPal.
CARCHEX has one of the best customer service reputations of any company. It holds an A+ rating from the BBB. Additionally, CARCHEX offers some of the lowest-cost contracts for a top-tier provider and extensive coverage options. We give the company a 4.4-star rating overall.
Learn more about coverage from CARCHEX by requesting a free, personalized quote.
Our review team prides itself on sharing accurate and unbiased information with consumers. We have accumulated data from dozens of extended auto warranty companies to formulate our rankings of the industry’s best providers. Companies receive a score out of 5.0 overall, as well as a rating in each of the following categories:
- Price: Comparing providers can be difficult due to the many factors that influence cost. To determine this score, we employ a secret shopper analysis using different vehicles, mileages, warranty plans, and locations.
- Coverage: A wide variety of coverage is essential to support the differing needs of customers. We take into account the number of extended car warranty plans available, term limits, exclusions, and additional benefits.
- Customer Service: The level of customer service and care provided by an extended warranty company is an important consideration. Our review team sifts through customer reviews and complaints from reputable sources such as the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and Trustpilot. We also consider the responsiveness of each company’s customer service team based on our secret shopper analysis.
- Reputation: Good extended warranty providers consistently provide quality experiences. Our team takes into account BBB ratings and the company’s history of reliable service when giving this score.
- Transparency: Customers value a commitment to open and honest communication when it comes to vehicle service contracts. Our team of experts takes into account the availability of money-back guarantees and sample contracts.