1. Toyota will spawn another tiny ute based on the TNGA platform, whose design takes after the FJ Cruiser, but whose platform is based on the C-HR.
2. The FT-4X Concept debuted at the 2017 New York Auto Show as more of a competitor to the Jeep Renegade than the Wrangler that many were expecting.
3. With many shared components but a unique design in a booming segment, the TJ Cruiser is very likely going into production very soon.
4. Patent filings indicate the vehicle will be named TJ Cruiser when it reaches production.
Discuss this story at our Toyota TJ Cruiser Forum
New Car Finder
View all Toyota News Recent 2018 Toyota TJ Cruiser News
- Toyota Sora is a Tokyo-Bound Hydrogen City Bus Over 100 Sora busses will be put into service in the Tokyo area. read full story
- Toyota TJ Cruiser, Hyundai Kona, New Subaru STI Models, Civic Type R Pricing and More: Weekly News Roundup Video A look at the week’s most interesting automotive news stories. read full story
- Toyota FT-4X Concept is Closer to Production Than You Think Toyota has said the FT-4X Concept is 75-percent production ready. read full story
- 2018 Toyota Sienna and Toyota FT-4X Concept Video, First Look Toyota may have ended up disappointing hardcore FJ Cruiser fans. read full story
- Here’s What People Are Saying About the Toyota FT-4X (NSFW) The 2017 New York Auto Show saw the debut of a new concept vehicle from Toyota, called the FT-4X, but the teaser may have given off the wrong impression to off-road fans. read full story