- Honda has trademarked the nameplate “Passport”, reviving the name from its first SUV for the 2020-ish model year. The original passport was based on the Isuzu Rodeo and was sold between 1993 and 2002.
- The new two-row crossover is expected to slot between the CR-V and the Pilot, it will be 6 inches shorter than the current Pilot to compete with the Ford Edge, Hyundai Santa Fe, and the Nissan Murano.
- No details have been discussed what powertrain it could have yet, but will most likely feature a conventional gas-powered engine.
- Honda already makes a 2 row SUV in China called the UR-V, and it’s possible that they could bring that platform over to North America Badged as the Passport.
- Expected to go be shown in November at the 2018 LA Auto show, and released early 2019.
New Car Finder
View all Honda News Recent 2019 Honda Passport News
- 2019 Honda Passport Debuts, Will be Built in Alabama Ready for #millenial #adventures. read full story